PDA

View Full Version : Help - my Vehicross was stolen

tiggergreen
07/13/2005, 09:30 AM
Jason Russell gave me his license info before I let him take a test drive and then he never returned. His license number is D6852084 (California) - I went to the address that he left and no one has heard of him. The phone number he gave me is disconnected. I also forgot to remove the title from the glove box, so all I have is a copy.

I don't know what to do. If you happen to see the vehicle in the San Diego area, please send me an e-mail as to where it was sighted. It is a custom bright blue VX - so it shouldn't be hard to miss.

Thanks, everyone, in advance for any help...

Brent

Anita
07/13/2005, 09:36 AM
OH BRENT!!!

My God! What a horrible thing to happen to you. I will keep my eyes out for your blue Vehicross. You should post a picture here of the truck for everyone to see. And maybe post a phone number where we can call you immediately in case we see it.

Also, you should post this on the Isuzu 4x4 site. Then you will have all Isuzuites keeping an eye out for it.

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB68

ctp
07/13/2005, 09:36 AM
That sucks man. My wife's Tahoe was stolen from the San Diego Dave and Busters 2 weeks ago. I live in San Clemente and spend a lot of time in SD. If I see a custom blue VX I will follow it and beat the crap out of whoever is driving it.

Cyrk
07/13/2005, 09:41 AM
Holy crap... that SUCKS. I would KILL. Good Luck.

Moncha
07/13/2005, 09:48 AM
Did you make a police report or are they calling it a "Civil Matter"? Did you actually see the license? If not odds are the whole name thing is fake, odds are the ID was too. Being yours is much more different than any other it won't be hard to spot if it hasn't already been.... gulp.... chopped.

tiggergreen
07/13/2005, 10:13 AM
I am going to make a police report today. I saw an actual license - but it could be fake... I'm hoping it is not.

My phone number is (858) 964-4635 - you can talk to my wife, Jess if I am not there. Thanks, for all the offers - it means a lot to me.

Brent

Maugan_VX
07/13/2005, 10:18 AM
Even if it does make it to a "chop shop" its not all that difficult to recognize a blue vehicross body panel.

Who buys used VX parts on the black market anyways?

I'm not educated about how a chop shop "works" so I really wouldn't know.

newthings
07/13/2005, 10:20 AM
Like the Willy Nelson song -It's gone to Mexico.
So very sorry Brent. Getting zapped makes you feel like crap.
Hopeing for a speedy recovery, Roy

VX4EJR
07/13/2005, 10:23 AM
Wow, just was reading this post and man, I really hope for the best and you get your VX back in one piece.
I can't even put into words what I do would to the #$^$@#$#!%!ing @&^! sucking jack@## who would pull such a stunt. I would want to find him before any cops did, it'd be better that way. :mad:

ron
07/13/2005, 10:30 AM
hey Brent...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know how your VX looks like already and will keep an eye out on the freeways while I'm here in SD. Good luck with your retrieval hopefully that will be sooner than later.

ron

tiggergreen
07/13/2005, 10:44 AM
Here is a picture of my Vehicross. I hope it all works out - but I am prepared for the fact that I may never see her again. However, I will own again if that happens.

Brent

http://www.xanderstudios.com/Arellia/gallery/BlueVX.jpg

SPAZZ
07/13/2005, 11:08 AM
so, how did the guy get to your house...did he come by cab, was he dropped off, did he walk, ???? Dealers don't even let you drive alone. :confused:

Maugan_VX
07/13/2005, 11:13 AM
actually when I test drove my first VX, the dealer let me test drive it all by myself. He said that if I wasn't back in an hour the cops get called :P

VCAMILO
07/13/2005, 11:16 AM
:eek: DAMN BASTARD! IM sending the troops in to get him right now.

SilverBullet75
07/13/2005, 11:38 AM
I'll help keep a lookout in Vegas... in case he comes this way. I'm on the roads a lot.

Sorry man..... :(

tiggergreen
07/13/2005, 11:39 AM
A friend dropped him off (he was driving a silver Jaguar). He made big talk saying that he made well over $100K per year and that he needed something to tow a boat with. He also said he was a homeowner. Obviously everything was a lie, I'm just glad I got his driver license info at least.

Brent

Triathlete
07/13/2005, 11:42 AM
That blows big ones! In case it makes it way west to Tucson I'll keep an eye out. Should have gotten the Jags plate# (although it too was probably stolen) and the drivers info/lisence. Hope you got a good description of the guy (just in case you run into him some place :smack: :bomb: ).

biju
07/13/2005, 11:49 AM
So sorry to hear about this. I'm with Cyrk. I'd kill....

however, what a dumbass this guy is... stealing such a rare vehicle to begin with, but one that's got a completely custom look?!!! I mean, I could be totally in the dark, but - is there really a market for 'hot' vehicross parts??....

I'm in Colorado - I'll also keep an eye out for your ride.

-biju.

Nazrat
07/13/2005, 12:00 PM
Yea, you might want to call All Hyundae Isuzu recycling and let them know about it.

-Tad

Triathlete
07/13/2005, 12:05 PM
I agree with Tad. They may try to part it out and sell it off to a place like that. They seem pretty straight up from my dealings with them and would probably help out if parts start showing up there.

Anita
07/13/2005, 01:03 PM
Arent there ID numbers etched in many original parts of the VX? I remember my mechanic saying so. Brent also has custom upholstery inside - his gallery has pics of it.

Moncha
07/13/2005, 01:17 PM
Yep, all major parts on all newer cars have the VIN# on them someplace but, they are easily removed or changed. Albeit, the VX is not a good candidate for parting outbut you'd be amazed to what folks will try and do. The most valuable parts are the sheet metal, which is usually stripped and primed and major electronics as well as the engine. The rest is scrapped. I hope that is not the case here but, also as Roy said it could be on it's way south.

V-Twin hiCROSS
07/13/2005, 01:43 PM
I had heard of this type of thing happening before, but I thought it would be pretty rare. I would definitely have been suspicious if someone dropped him off. I have a feeling that will never see your VX again. Your best bet is going to be trying to set a trap for this thug. Where did he learn about your auto for sale? Post another rare vehicle and see if you can get him to come and "test drive" that one. Even if you can catch him, you are still likely to not get your car back. You are pretty much screwed!!! Have you called your insurance yet? Will they cover it?

grandeillusions
07/13/2005, 02:46 PM
Man that sucks! You can bet it is in a crate on its way to another country by now.

tomdietrying
07/13/2005, 03:04 PM
Spazz had some good questions. Were you selling your VX? How did you come into contact with him?

Peace and GL,
Tom

tiggergreen
07/13/2005, 03:10 PM
I was thinking of selling my VX (temporarily) due to financial reasons (which are no longer valid) - so I just want the vehicle back. I advertised it on Craig's List and he asked if I would take payments. I said that it was possible but that I would have to meet him first and that he could test drive the car. I am a pretty guileless *cough gullible* guy and I assumed that no one would ever steal a vehicle from a family man. However, I have been corrected and I have learned a great deal from this. However, I would still like to get the VX back in one piece. Can anyone do a lookup on the license number???

Brent

Ldub
07/13/2005, 03:12 PM
I don't like to be hate'n on no one :mad: ...but I am always more than willing to make an exception for a useless waste of skin & breathing air who is too lazy to go out & work for what they want & instead steal from those who have.
I really feel for you Brent, I know how I would feel if this happened to me. :(
I hope this comes to a happy end. :)
Best wishes,Ldub

JAFO
07/13/2005, 03:52 PM
Tiggergreen, sorry for the loss. I met you in Hillsboro a couple years back. I'll keep an eye out if it makes it up this way I will definately inform you and the police.

When you say the title was in the car you mean the registration and not the title right? I hope. The title and the vehicle should never be in the same place at the same time.

It may also be worth hiring a private investigator.

TEN36VX
07/13/2005, 04:18 PM
Make a police report ASAP! The sooner you get it entered into the system the better. Since they have the title they might try to transfer ownership. If that happens before it is entered into CLETS, it could be considered a 'civil issue'.

One problem you have is that when the police put out the BOL (Be On the Lookout), most cops probably are not going to know what the heck a VX is. My coworkers are always asking me that eternal question...

Good luck.

azskyrider
07/13/2005, 04:20 PM
Like the Willy Nelson song -It's gone to Mexico.
So very sorry Brent. Getting zapped makes you feel like crap.
Hopeing for a speedy recovery, Roy

Yeah, I am sure VX's are high on the priority list in Mexico :rolleyes:

I hope your VX is returned well Brent. You should call the police so that the insurance company can have a copy of the police report.

Moncha
07/13/2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I am sure VX's are high on the priority list in Mexico :rolleyes:

I hope your VX is returned well Brent. You should call the police so that the insurance company can have a copy of the police report.

It's really not so far fetched I've seen lots of weird stuff go south.
This just seems to be a pretty elaborate plan for a general sell off. There's just so many other choices out there that would be much harder to spot as there would be many more of them on the road.

Heraclid
07/13/2005, 05:19 PM
OH MY! :-( Yeah, that's a really pretty VX too.

I wished I lived there, because it would be ON then. I need some more practice with my compound bow and I figure this guy is pretty expendable. Of course, I'd spend the rest of my life in a cell and this guy would be out stealing cars again in no time. I would be spending every free moment cruising just hoping to see it. I just HATE people who mess with other people's lives like this. I just changed jobs to get away from one like that who I believe was scratching my VX.

I know someone in Santee, CA but it's been a long time - if the contact info is still good, I'll alert her so she can look for anything suspicious too. The thing is, people have probably seen it and remember it - it's a VX after all. But finding those people... that's the trick. You need to get this out to the masses. It's such a novelty (especially in that color) so I don't see the sense in stealing it. It's usually the really common stuff that gets nabbed.

This is really unfortunate and rather rare - someone just recently posted stats indicating that only 2 VX's had been stolen per model year. I'm really sorry you're number three in one of 'em now. And I wish it had happened to some jerk, not one of the good guys like yourself. I totally wish you the best on this and I hope they just took it for a spin for kicks and left it sitting somewhere.

MZ-N10
07/13/2005, 05:54 PM
sorry to hear tat someone would just jack ur vx like tat.....if tat ****** takes it up to norcal and i see it...ill try to chase it down for u

tiggergreen
07/13/2005, 06:00 PM
No - I mean the title and the registration was in the glove box. I know - I am so stupid. *bangs head repeatedly on desk*

I have checked with the DMV and nothing has happened with that VIN number yet. The police are giving me the run around - they think it is suspicious that I have his license number... They don't want to do anything with it.

Brent

Joe_Black
07/13/2005, 06:10 PM
The police are giving me the run around - they think it is suspicious that I have his license number... They don't want to do anything with it.

We've got all our fingers 'n' toes crossed for ya Brent! Of all the things to steal, they might as well have grabbed a burning fuel tanker to be less conspicuous. If the local PD won't step up to the plate go up the chain of command, you'll get to someone who realizes where their paycheck comes from. Just be honest about the incident and stress the uniqueness of the vehicle and maybe, just maybe, they'll grab for an easy feather in the collective law enforcement cap. If not, go to your local television news channel. They love stories about how ineffective and unconcerned local law enforcement is. This story would be like throwing a pound of raw beef to starved dogs.

WyrreJ
07/13/2005, 06:55 PM
You should set up a recurring search on ebay for the vin and maybe for any combination of the words "blue" and "vehicross."

If he has the title, there is a decent chance that he will impersonate you and try selling it to a used car dealer in another state. I don't know how it works in California, but in Florida, the dealer doesn't have to register squat with the DMV until he sells the car, at which point the title transfer is recorded as going from the guy who sold it to the dealer to the guy who bought it from the dealer.

With so many used cars on ebay, there is a decent chance that if it ends up in the hands of a dealer, he'll put it on ebay, at which point you would automatically get an email from ebay telling you where your car is.

Sorry that I do not have any advice on how to make the police take you more seriously, do you know anyone in law enforcement personally that you can ask for a favor?

WyrreJ
07/13/2005, 07:16 PM
Two more things:

1) Get your insurance company involved ASAP. The VX was stolen, your insurance should cover that, it doesn't matter that you handed the guy the keys, it was stolen through fraud, but stolen nonetheless.

2) If it does show up on ebay, the seller will *not* be happy to hear from you. I suggest talking to a lawyer BEFORE saying anything to the seller. Failing that, it would probably be wisest to send a certified over-night letter to the seller informing him that the vx is stolen, which would prevent him from selling it to anyone else, then you'll just have to figure out how to make him give it back - probably a fight that you would want your insurance company to handle, not yourself personally.

kpaske
07/13/2005, 07:23 PM
I like Joe's suggestion about going to the media. There are two parts to the story - the complacent local police, as well as the "new way" to steal a car. I'm sure it's not the first time that's ever happened, but the media loves to put together stories about what to "be on the lookout" for. They get a good story, and you get pictures of your blue VX blasted all over the local news.

tiggergreen
07/13/2005, 07:25 PM
Ok - the police report has finally been done. Hopefully I'll hear something in the next couple of days. I'll check E-Bay and I will work with my insurance company. Thanks, everyone, for all your helpful insights into this matter. I will keep you informed.

Brent

TEN36VX
07/13/2005, 07:52 PM
Good job on getting the report done. If this ever happens to anybody else, and the police give you 'the run around', you can go to a CHP office and they will take the report at the desk.

When I get to work tomorrow I will see what I can find out for you as far as suspect info. To be honest, we really dont do much investigation in these cases... Pretty much, unless a cop gets behind him and runs the plate, it doesnt get found. Although, as a word of encouragement, your case is a little different because you have some suspect info.

Good luck.

Hotsauce
07/13/2005, 08:18 PM
Did this guy ever call you?

Contact the telephone company, and get a printout of all incoming phone numbers. They keep this info for a month or so.

John C.

SGT.BATGUANO
07/14/2005, 12:50 AM
Here's a suggestion.

Place ads on ebay and craigslist and other web sites for your truck and add stolen in the title. Maybe someone who is looking to buy one will spot yours and report back to you.

It's possible that someone may have put in an order for stealing your truck and if the thieves are pros, it could go into a shipping container bound for another country, especially now that the title is in hand.

thebear54
07/14/2005, 04:06 AM
This sucks so bad......
I hope you find your VX back soon. As for the guy who took the car..."hang him by his *&$#@)*^! on the village green"
Best of luck, you are following all the right steps if you take the advise of everyone here.
John

crager34
07/14/2005, 07:28 AM
Totally sucks.... sorry to hear about this.

Did you find out if the license is a fake? Is there a SS # on there by chance? By now the police have done all this work, but more investigation on your end wouldn't hurt... plus... keep you busy with your VX.

Good Luck

SPAZZ
07/14/2005, 07:52 AM
A Vehicross "period" is hard to miss, much less an ALL BLUE VEHICROSS. I don't see how they could get away with it unless they had no intent on keeping it, drove the 40 minute drive to Mexico, had a trailer or garage near by...but ultimately who, what, when where, and why a VX and more strange why a blue one???

transio
07/14/2005, 09:09 AM
You know, it's also possible that he got into an accident, and decided to just park it in a lot and walk away. Also possible he got lucky and is in a nearby motel room with your VX parked out front! :) In any case, is the VX insured against theft?

Just be thankful he didn't kill someone with it while test driving it, becauese you would be responsbile!

** WORD TO THE WISE **

If someone is interested in buying your car, do not let them test drive it! Even if their intentions are good, you assume civil liability for any damage they might accidentally cause during the test - including personal injury or death! Why would you put your financial future at risk in the hands of someone you don't know?!

My own tale goes like this: I had an S2000 that I loaned to a coworker so he could take a girl to lunch (he drove a minivan). The roads were wet, and they took a corner too fast, lost control, spun out, and hit a lightpole which fell on top of the car and hit his head. With that, I had significant damage to the car, a broken lightpole, and his medical bills to pay - totaling more than $20,000. Fortunately, my insurance covered it, but I'm still paying elevated rates because of it.

tiggergreen
07/14/2005, 09:18 AM
Everything was done through e-mail. I have sent e-mails to his aol account, but so far I have received no replies (and I even requested a read-receipt). I suspect that his intentions are to paint it so that it won't be obvious that it was mine. He could also use license plates from another vehicle (swap them between two cars). As long as he has it out of sight during the next two months or so, he could be home free. And no, the car is not covered for theft - I was only carrying liability insurance as I own it free and clear. So if I do not get it back, I lose everything.

On the bright side of things, I'm thinking this could make for a very interesting screen play...

Brent

transio
07/14/2005, 09:28 AM
I was only carrying liability insurance as I own it free and clear. So if I do not get it back, I lose everything.This is a valuable lesson to learn. Insurance is for protection. If you're not insured by a 3rd party against theft, you should do everything you can on your own to insure against it. That means "the club", a good alarm, lojack, or whatever. It also means careful supervision of unknown parties around your vehicle and secure placement of your vehicle's title. Otherwise, you're taking the risk of a complete loss.

Anita
07/14/2005, 09:43 AM
Even IF he does paint it, he would also have to change out your upholstery. That is a dead giveaway.

tiggergreen
07/14/2005, 09:55 AM
Yes, the purple upholstery would be hard to miss - but why wouldn't he just paint that as well??? Anita - that is so cool that you get to see Stan Lee. I'm heading to Comic Con on Saturday with a friend.

In any case, this guy is obviously going to get an ulcer from worrying every time he attempts to go anywhere in this vehicle. I still have to wonder what he was thinking. He looked like a professional white-collar worker. I told him I needed the money for my wife's delivery - which was the ONLY reason I was thinking of selling it.

Also, the police got on my case about not keeping his license or his other car as collateral during the test drive. But I was alone with four kids... But, yes, I hope you can all learn something from my experience - I have provided the perfect example of what not to do :O)

Anyhoo, I am not too terribly upset about this - this may be a bump in the road, but in the long run, I will come out on top - I will get it back or I will buy another VX. I can also use this is a tax write-off this year...

Brent

V-Twin hiCROSS
07/14/2005, 11:03 AM
Brent,
You are taking this much better than I would. I would not get a nights rest until I had kicked the **** out of that clown. Let us know of any updates to the saga. It is actually pretty interesting. Good luck.

Anita
07/14/2005, 12:02 PM
Yes, the purple upholstery would be hard to miss - but why wouldn't he just paint that as well???
Brent

As I recall, you also added another row of seats in the back for your kids, so you did modify it uniquely.

transio
07/14/2005, 02:01 PM
He looked like a professional white-collar worker.
Description: 6'0, 220, Brown Hair, Blue eyesNo one knows what it's like to be the bad man behind blue eyes.

Moncha
07/14/2005, 02:04 PM
Ten36VX, I had to delete your post due to a violation in the site's rules. Even though the info you posted in your last post was public info.. I won't allow it to be posted here, no matter how much I (we) hate the guy. If you want to post your own info that's fine but not someone elses. Disclose what you want to Brent but do not make it public here..

TEN36VX
07/14/2005, 02:06 PM
10-4, Moncha. Not intended to be used for retaliation, rather 'be on the lookout' info for anybody in those areas. Sorry.

Moncha
07/14/2005, 02:11 PM
No problem, just trying to keep everything on the up and up.. Once his fanny is in jail he'll get plenty of lawyereez going and I don't want anyone ending up being sued by this yahoo.
You need to be careful too, as it's not your active case, Brent's locals are going to start wondering why this guy's DL got queried in so many places ;) you don't want NCIC doing an audit...

TEN36VX
07/14/2005, 02:23 PM
Not my case, but still cop work... We run cars and R/O's at random anyway. I'm keepin' it legal.

Moncha
07/14/2005, 02:34 PM
Our agency makes us account for every run.. ACLU and profiling issue.. Anyway,, just looking out for everyone.. just ignore me

nater
07/14/2005, 03:45 PM
I am physically ill about this. It's times like this I think about how we need "cleaners" in our society; persons whose job it is to clean up and dispose of the unnecessary. Individuals who contribute nothing, take everything, and serve no useful purpose to society could be ushered away never to be heard from again, perhaps with a final explanation:

"Don't you understand? We don't need you. You have no redeeming qualities. Someone else needs the space." Then blam! Nuisance deleted.

How's THAT for a screenplay?

;-)

I've got Longmont/Boulder/Louisville in Colorado covered. If he shows up, I'll get him.

Nate

Moncha
07/14/2005, 03:47 PM
Would that be a paid position????

Awwww, what the heck... No matter. I'm first!!

AnalogVX
07/14/2005, 04:38 PM
I come back after a day of no internet and this??
I am really sorry to hear about your VX. I really hope something turns up soon. Can you contact your ISP and get info from his e-mails? Maybe they can narrow down an area or even subscriber info.

WyrreJ
07/14/2005, 05:47 PM
If someone is interested in buying your car, do not let them test drive it!
You won't sell many cars that way. You do need to be in the passenger's seat though.

As for getting info on the guy, assuming the DL information is right, there are a lot of questionable sources that can get you way more info than what is officially available through NCIC. Smart use of google should turn up all kinds of services - here's one: datatrace (http://www.datatraceusa.com/) The cops need a warrant for those kind of searches (unless you can figure out a way to claim auto-theft is terrorism), but as an ordinary citizen it is still enough of a grey area that these companies are mostly out in the open if you know where to look.

At the very least it would be kinda cathartic to call him on his cell and scare him. Might even make him swerve off the road if you got him at the right time.

newthings
07/14/2005, 07:01 PM
My screenplay is close --
An old guy (Write about what you know), gets hit in a gang crossfire in an LA courtroom while waiting to be paneled for a jury. Wounded but recovering, he is pretty mad at the system. He discovers a like minded group of oldsters who are doleing out justice. A Star Chamber of men and women to which our high speed society pays little attention. Conflict, pride, sacrifice, self recrimination, and betryal, are used to examine our justice system and the role of elders in our society. A platform to tell many stories.
A work in progress.
Roy

bliptrip
07/14/2005, 08:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your VX. I live in San Diego and do a LOT of driving, so I'll definitely keep a lookout for it. With only about 4 or 5 full-time Vehicrosses living in San Diego County, it won't be hard to miss. I'll also pass on the info to any other VXers I see.

-Phil

tiggergreen
07/14/2005, 09:01 PM
I really appreciate all of the offers of help and the information that I have received - you guys really are the best. I'm also in for the "Cleaners" gang - can we put Hilary Clinton on the list???

Brent

JAFO
07/14/2005, 09:19 PM
Count me in I got a lot of vacation time accured and I love San Diego!

transio
07/14/2005, 09:23 PM
Individuals who contribute nothing, take everything, and serve no useful purpose to society could be ushered away never to be heard from again, perhaps with a final explanation:

"Don't you understand? We don't need you. You have no redeeming qualities. Someone else needs the space." Then blam! Nuisance deleted.Sooooo..... real-estate agents, stock brokers, car salesmen, advertisers, and all other speculators/brokers/agents should be terminated, too?

I'm with ya. I just left the advertising/marketing industry after 6 years because I'm thoroughly disgusted with it.

transio
07/14/2005, 09:25 PM
You won't sell many cars that way. You do need to be in the passenger's seat though.Let them ride in the passenger seat, or sign a liability waiver that indemnifies you of any damage or injuries caused with your vehicle where they are at fault. I'm sure you can find something online.

WyrreJ
07/14/2005, 11:31 PM
My screenplay is close --
An old guy ... discovers a like minded group of oldsters who are doleing out justice.
Grumpy Old Vigilantes?

Kahuna
07/14/2005, 11:53 PM
Hey buddy...this is Kahuna.

Although it is probally in Mexico right now. I will certainly keep an eye out for it.

All San Diegians should do the same!!!!!!

tiggergreen
07/15/2005, 12:44 AM
A very fruitful evening. Armed with the information given to me by unnamed invididuals, I stopped by three residences tonight. The first one was occupied by a very friendly woman and she told me they had lived there for two years. Her husband is an ex-FBI private investigator (wasn't home tonight) and I told her that the address had been used as recently as 2005 - she said, "That's fraud!" She also told me that he is a homosexual and was living with an Allen Wallace (this is just a possible supposition at this point - just something to look into for the case - it could be misinformation).

I also visited another home and there was no one living in it and the garage was empty. I finally visited the house which is the address he had given me and I finally was able to talk to someone who knew something. They told me that a couple of guys had been by a couple of nights ago looking into a stolen 1990 Ferrari Testarossa. It turns out that he had attempted to get insurance on this stolen vehicle using this address, though he hadn't lived there for quite a while. I have posted on the Los Angeles Craig's List about the stolen Ferrari - hopefully the owner will contact me and we can work together.

I do not know the color of the vehicle (yet) - but he is around six feet tall and weighs about 240 pounds. When I last saw him, he was sporting a goatee and had brown hair. The lady at the first house told me that he had received a ticket in the mail from Los Angeles while driving a Mitsubishi SUV - (photo ticket).

Anyway, I have a lot of information, and I think it is just a matter of time before he is brought to justice.

Brent

Triathlete
07/15/2005, 09:37 AM
Be carefull when "investigating" these leads. You don't know if the guy is armed or how he will respond. Most crooks do not want to go to jail/prison which can prompt violent behavior in an attempt to get away. Trust me, I deal with these *sensored-insert your word of choice here* every day. From the vehicles this guy has been seen in it may be part of a bigger operation.
Good luck!

SlowPro48
07/15/2005, 09:58 AM
Ferrari thieving homosexuals, eh? A fruitful evening indeed!

Brent, I admire your determination to get to the bottom of things ;) but, as others have said, you might want to be careful what you post. After "Jason" and his (alleged) ****-buddy Allen are out on probation they will have plenty of time for cruising the internet and they might run across this site. Then they'll lawyer up and smack you with a libel suit. Or maybe come over and scratch your eyes out...

I don't understand why you're having to do all this leg work anyway. Aren't we paying the police to track down criminals or do they just do that on TV...? Like Triathlete says - be careful - these guys just might be lawbreakers!!!

Well anyway - hope you get your VX back soon. I wouldn't worry about it being parted out. It should be in good shape. In fact it's probably being detailed right now. Those poofers take care of stuff. Jason seems like a responsible theif too - wanting to make sure that Ferrari was properly insured and all...

tiggergreen
07/15/2005, 10:41 AM
I served for two years in the armed forces and I also took some backup with me. I was able to pretty quickly determine that Jason was not at any of the houses before I approached. If I had seen any sight of him or any of the vehicles associated with him, I would have taken off and called the police.

I hate to break it to you, but for "petty" crimes such as Grand Theft Auto, it is often the case that the police do not expend much effort. They are more busy with the more important crimes such as murder and rape. So I'm helping out as much as possible. I just want to see him in handcuffs. My wife says that he wants to go to jail for obvious reasons... ;O)

Brent

transio
07/15/2005, 12:43 PM
I would tend agree with your wife. Targeting unique cars like baby blue Vehicrosses and Testarossas is a very easy way to get oneself caught!

tiggergreen
07/15/2005, 01:08 PM
Latest news - the policy on the Ferrari is set to be cancelled on 07/17/2005 and he paid $281 on 6/30/2005. Looks like he just wanted a valid insurance card...

Brent

SlowPro48
07/15/2005, 08:34 PM
I hate to break it to you, but for "petty" crimes such as Grand Theft Auto, it is often the case that the police do not expend much effort. They are more busy with the more important crimes such as murder and rape. So I'm helping out as much as possible. I just want to see him in handcuffs. My wife says that he wants to go to jail for obvious reasons... ;O)

Brent

Yeah I know - that's the way they SAY it is around here too. I was just trolling. I'm still kind of ticked because I handed the local PD two perps on a silver platter and they did nothing - NOTHING. I did all the leg work. Gave them names and addresses for these people involved in a credit card theft ring and what did they say? "Well VISA didn't make you pay so you're not out any money are you?" Well no but that's not the point. We all pay when these criminals rip people off whether it's through increased prices from shoplifting or higher insurance rates due to vehicle theft. They didn't even think it was suspicious that there were five phone line going into this apartment. It was a freakin' boiler room operation scamming people all over town and all they had to do was go knock on the door. But they told me they had bigger fish to fry. A few weeks later on a deserted 4 lane road on which the speed limit is set too low for anything but revenue purposes I'm the fish getting fried for 55 in a 35. Yeah they jumped right on that big crime. Better stop him before he... uhh... gets home too fast! Who was I hurting? Oh well I better shut up before I piss somebody off...

OK back on topic. I really think you're going to find your VX. You just keep digging up little pieces of the puzzle. You're like a dog on a bone man. And that puzzle is all going to come together soon. I hope you nail this bastard.

tiggergreen
07/16/2005, 12:20 PM
That is terrible - but, sadly, very true. They make good money on people exceeding the speed limit :O)

I made a phone call yesterday and left a message about the case and I still haven't heard from them...

Brent

iownvx
07/16/2005, 02:05 PM
Sinec you in San Diego the theft probably drove it down to Mexico right after he took your car for test drive before you realized it was stolen and reported to police. If you have comprehensive on your VX and you wantted to sell the car just think that you sold the car to insurance company if the car can't be recovered. Hope this will make you feel better.

transio
07/16/2005, 02:48 PM
If you have comprehensiveHe doesn't.

thedutchguy
07/19/2005, 12:27 AM
just read this thread.
Looks like the same thief that stole my roof rack!
He wanted a vehicross to go with it :p
Anyway vx's are quite populair in eastern europe and russia.
If your car went there, no way you'll ever hear or see anything from it again.
I just hope you were properly insured, as insurance companies over here are described as "legal criminal organisations".

BlackVX
07/19/2005, 12:35 PM
I never thought that one day a VX would get stolen. There are so few of them and you would think that it would be impossible to get away. What a lesson.

I thought I read during those 3 pages that you had the bad guy's cel phone number? Why can't the police track him by satellite? Most cel phones has this GPS setting where 911 can locate it. Perhaps his cel phone is an older phone but it seems to me that this standard through all recent models.

Anyway, I'm sure someone thought about this already.

Keep us updated and good luck with the investigation.

Numba1goalie
07/20/2005, 01:05 AM
You might also want to leave a Thread in Pirate4x4.com too. They have a section for stolen items and vehicles.

WormGod
07/20/2005, 07:16 AM
ARHG! I am just catching this! Sorry bro, I do hope she comes back to you in one piece. Hell of a crooked way for a thief to make off with a car. I know here in MD they take car theft pretty seriously and I do not know of one that wasnt recovered. Cali is a much bigger area though so I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

You know, it makes me wonder.... boards like this create a perfect grounds for these sorts of !@#$heads to put together their plan. Speaking as openly as we do with one another about our VXs and even going as far as to getting into where we live, what we do, and some of our lifestyles.... man, really makes me wonder if it isnt possible that this board doesnt work like AutoTrader(Finder) for VXs.

Good luck to ya man. I hope the cops find him before you do. I know I would be irrate. Thats why I carry an 18" Maglite with me everywhere. ;)

Crowml
07/21/2005, 01:11 PM
Ok, hopefully I can provide some assistance here. I work in law enformcement and am willing to help you any way possible. Give me some addresses, Licenses etc. (I know it's posted, but one concise PM with all info will be greatly helpful.)

I'm in GA, so I'm not all that close to you, but lets see what all I can find.

PM me

Panther_Black_VX
07/21/2005, 02:43 PM
I feel physically sick reading this post.... My GOODNESS! I'm so sorry to hear about this.... I am going from being sick to getting down right angry. You are taking this very well Brent. Life is more important (albeit marginally) than our possessions... But DAMN!! :mad:

Good luck and may swift JUNGLE JUSTICE (as we say in Nigeria) catch up to the low life that did this.

Yefim
07/21/2005, 03:46 PM
One word: LoJack (http://www.lojack.com/)

JAFO
07/21/2005, 06:02 PM
I agree but LoJack doesn't cover many states. It looks they have removed their coverage map from their website but I looked for one about a year ago and nearly half of the states are not covered. Including the Northwest.

I would buy but until they will cover me I'm searching for alternatives.

WormGod
07/22/2005, 07:18 AM
You can always call local law enforcement and inquire about Lojack. It is becoming more widespread now since apparently OnStar uses it for their purposes as well, and we all know that GM is an OnStar bandwagon bunny. Lojack isnt such a bad idea really and after this unsightly theft news, I just may have to invest in some aftermarket alarm goodness and train my Doberman to sleep in the VX at night.

Rooster
08/08/2005, 08:12 PM
Any word on this? It's been a couple of weeks.

BTW, seriously sorry about your loss...

iwanicki
09/05/2005, 11:33 PM
My friend saw a blue Vehicross yesterday in town....the first thing I thought about was this thread since they did not make blue ones...is his vehicross still missing??

Anita
09/05/2005, 11:47 PM
We havent heard anything from Brent for awhile so I am assuming it is still missing. I would quickly email Brent and tell him what your friend saw. His email is tiggergreen@hotmail.com

tiggergreen
09/06/2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, my VX is still missing. So hopefully you will be able to find out more details. Mine had Oregon license plates and the cladding was painted. It also had the custom cat back system and the cool looking chrome intake if you need more details...

To add insult to injury, today someone stole my $380 bicycle from out front where I work. I had to make a quick trip to Costco to get another bicycle for my commute.

At least it is still cheaper than owning a vehicle and buying gas right now. I beat the crap out of that bike for about three or four months.

By the way, I am offering a $500 reward to anyone that helps me retrieve my VX...

Brent
(858) 964-4635
(866) 595-2762 - toll-free if you have any information on the stolen VX.

Anita
09/06/2005, 03:58 PM
Also that the interior upholstery was custom done in purple/blk with an additional seat placed in the very rear.

MZ-N10
09/06/2005, 04:06 PM
i saw a girl driving a blueish teal vx at pacific east mall maybe a year ago. not sure if tat was u or not

*edit*
forgot this is a pretty recent thread

Dare2Dream
09/06/2005, 04:38 PM
Sorry to hear that, never thought that VXes were of much worth to thieves.

I'll be on the lookout, It is quite rare to spot a vehicross here, I've only seen two in the last year.

LiquidVX
09/06/2005, 09:56 PM
I am only just seeing this thread. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I sat and actually thought about what it would be like to lose my darling.... I would go nuts...totally nuts. Hope things start looking up for you.

Kevin.

iwanicki
09/06/2005, 11:41 PM
The blue vehicross was seen in Fort Wayne Indiana but it had Michigan plates.

tiggergreen
09/07/2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks for checking. Hopefully one day I will be able to discover what happened to my VX.

Brent