PDA

View Full Version : Roof Racks

MSHardeman
07/12/2005, 08:07 AM
I wanted to start a new thread to ask about the roof rack for the VX. How rare are these things? I am currently on the hunt for a VX and I have been limiting my search to '00's and '01's with low milage and roof racks. I'm guessing that they (whoever "they" are) don't make the towers for the VX anymore, if "they" ever made many to begin with. How hard is it to find the roof rack towers for the VX? If I do get a VX with a roof rack already on it, how hard would it be to find the plugs that replace the rack towers if I wanted to take the rack off and go for the slick look?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

VehiGAZ
07/12/2005, 08:54 AM
Don't limit your search to a VX with a roof rack - the VX roof rack (towers & crossbars) is readily available from any Isuzu dealer. They're pricey (I paid $355 for mine in January) but not hard to find at all. A couple of used ones have come up on eBay in the last couple of months, as well. Note that Yakima made the rack for Isuzu, but they won't sell you one directly - you have to pay Isuzu's premium price for it. Isuzu will also sell you some of the attachments for it (such as a ski/board rack), but I don't know if these can be purchased through Yakima directly. I think the VX's crossbars are exceptionally wide, which means they may require special attachments.

Good luck in your search!

The caps for the roof rail mounting points might be more expensive than they're worth if you go through the dealer, but they pop up for sale here every 2-3 months as well.

MZ-N10
07/12/2005, 10:28 AM
do a quick search on it. theres people on teh forum who has thule bars on the stock yakima racks.