PDA

View Full Version : recaro bucket seats?

MZ-N10
07/11/2005, 08:23 PM
has anyone tried to install after market recaros on teh stock brackets we have?
its just an idea im throwing around in my head rite now, cause i just got a 2" pipe bender and im toyin with the idea of making a harness bar....

btw the recaro sport seats look amazingly similar to our stock seats tats why i asked

JAFO
07/14/2005, 11:11 PM
I believe that ours are the "Trend" model. No I haven't tried other seats but I did inquire about the heater/cooler for the Trend seats. Recaro said that it is too much work to add it on after the seat was built so they won't sell the kit seperately.

But the seat has air ducts, ever wonder what the vents in the back of the seat are for? It has four mounting locations and I bet a PC fan could be mounted to the bottom of the seat easily for cooling in the summer time.

Moncha
07/17/2005, 03:30 PM
I too think a pc fan would work if not for one problem, no perforations in the leather to allow for air flow.

Triathlete
07/17/2005, 05:02 PM
That could be fixed with a ball point pen! ;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy;

kpaske
07/17/2005, 05:25 PM
HOW COULD YOU ?!?!?! :smack:

pbkid
07/17/2005, 10:42 PM
triathalete how could u even think of that? that is horrible. well anyways if anyone tries to do the air vent thingy you should write a little thread about it because i would be interested in how well it works and how hard it was to install.
pbkid

Ldub
07/18/2005, 04:36 AM
Triathlete,
What were you thinking?, everyone knows that you ventilate leather with a scratch awl, or at least a roofing nail... :p
Ldub