PDA

View Full Version : May need a little help with research

MSHardeman
07/11/2005, 05:26 PM
I am FINALLY in a position to get a VX. After lusting for one since '99, and seriously for the past year, I am on the hunt. I've been to AutoTrader and Cars.com and have located a few VX's across the country. I live near Aspen, CO. and most of the VX's for sale are pretty far away.
I plan on doing my own bit of research (calling the seller, getting a CarFax report, etc.), but I wanted to know if people in the VX community would be willing to go check some of them out for me in person. I know that's a terribly general statement, because I haven't even nailed one down yet, but I just wanted to see if this was something the VX community does.
Also, if you know of a VX for sale ('00 or '01 with low mileage) please let me know.
I'm sure, no mater what, I'm going to have to go get the VX, and drive it back across the country. When I find out where I'm coming from, I'll have to figure out who's along the way so we can get the VX's together for a little bonding.

Thanks for any help and information that you can give me.

Mark

Maugan_VX
07/11/2005, 06:41 PM
sure man.

if there are any around me (which for some reason there is an unusually high concentration of VX's around my parts) then I'll go check it out for you.

SlowPro48
07/11/2005, 06:53 PM
I can check out VXs in the Winston-Salem and Asheville, NC areas and anywhere in between if located fairly close to I-40. Last time I went through Greensboro I noticed a Proton at a little independant lot on Randleman Rd. It had 18" wheels so was 2000 or 2001. Also a friend told me there's a Foxfire in Hickory. (Actually he said burgandy but I knew what he meant) Never have seen that color in person so I'd love to check that one out for you. He said it was gorgeous. Just let me know if I can help with your search! And I'm sure others will be willing to help too. It's a great group of VXers.

SGT.BATGUANO
07/11/2005, 11:18 PM
Someone posted a lo mile (34k?) proton in il. I could check if you're interested

pbkid
07/11/2005, 11:51 PM
hey i live in colorado springs and i know of one for sale. the only problem is that its a 99. not sure if your interested in that or not but send me email if you are. think it has around 50k miles selling for 16,800 i want to say. from dealership. silver.
pbkid

Raque Thomas
07/12/2005, 03:35 AM
I'd be glad to check out any in my area - Louisville, KY and southern Indiana. The Izusu dealer here has a 2000 for sale, but I don't know any of the particulars - if you're interested, I'll check it out. The name of the dealer is Blue Grass Isuzu.

MSHardeman
07/12/2005, 07:17 AM
I just LOVE the whole VX community. Over the past year I've noticed how everyone sticks together and helps each other out. I can't wait to join the family.
I'm trying to narrow my search down to a couple of cars, but I have a question about the roof racks (I'll probably start another thread about this to get some more opinions). How rare are these things? I've been limiting my search to '00 and '01 VX's with roof racks, because I didn't think that you could still get them. Are the towers for the VX hard to get? And if I get one with a rack already on it, how hard is it to find the plugs for the rails if I want to take the rack off and go for the slick look?
Thanks for any info.

VehiGAZ
07/12/2005, 08:59 AM
MSH, see my reply in your new thread as well... VX roof racks are readily available through your Isuzu dealer, but they are pretty expensive. I paid $355 for the towers and crossbars in January. If you find one in CT, I'll check it for you if I can.

IMHO, the "maroon" color (Foxfire) is the best VX color - it just looks awesome! Very classy and distinctive.

Good luck in your search!

V-Twin hiCROSS
07/12/2005, 10:21 AM
MSHardeman,
There is a nice looking silver '99 that is for sale on e-Bay in St. Peters, Missouri. It is very close to me, and I will go and check it out if you decide that you could live with a '99. Last time I checked, it was up to $13,500. It only has 29K miles.

Let me know if you are interested. I could maybe even pick you up from the airport if you decide to get it. You are right, this is a great community.

Neal

driver3
07/12/2005, 12:00 PM
There are 2 in the springs I could take a look at... not too far from you