PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Mouse to the rescue!!!

SilverBullet75
07/11/2005, 12:32 AM
Just wanted to share a story of what happened to me recently...

My fiance and I went to the lake with my two sisters and their families. I was in the VX with 3 of the kids, and the rest of them were in my brother-in-law's lifted 4x4 Excursion.

We were all heading to a remote beach along a cove at Lake Mead (Boxcar Cove). The only way to get there is to go through a fairly rough trail. This trail also has about a half mile of (deep) sand in one area.

As we were driving, we came to the deepest sandy area where an '80s Camaro was stuck, and digging themselves in deeper and deeper...

We all got out of the cars and helped. One of my Bro's-in-law suggested digging them out... But, we had a big chain available.

My Sister said to my Brother-in-law: "Why don't you just hook it up to the Excursion and power them out?"
He said: "I'll let Mighty Mouse have a try, then Super Man will jump in." :rolly:

To their surprise, I hooked up the VX to the front of the Camaro, and WITH EASE, pulled them out of the sand. :clap:

Mighty Mouse Prevails!!!!!!!! :dance:

After we unhooked from the Camaro, the kids were egging me on... "Go Uncle Jimmy, GO GO GO!!" So, of course I threw it in 4LO and blasted through the sand like it was a grassy field...

Dang I love this vehicle!!!

Triathlete
07/11/2005, 09:00 AM
To bad the Excursion didn't get stuck and need you to pull him out...that would have been a classic moment.
By the way, chains are not a good choice for pulling some one out. When they break things can get real ugly. Think lots of body damage...the VX and anyone standing in the wrong place. Tow straps...proper tools for the proper job!

SilverBullet75
07/11/2005, 11:07 AM
Unfortunately that was all we had available...

Maugan_VX
07/11/2005, 07:13 PM
I know its not proper, but I've used an extension drop cord, wrapped around the tow hooks about two dozen times, to pull out my (at the time) dad's '93 trooper that was half buried in a mud pit out with my (again at the time) 89 trooper.

It stretched a bit but it worked :)

ctp
07/13/2005, 09:39 AM
I've towed an Explorer with my old Jeep for 10 miles with an extension cord.