PDA

View Full Version : Any Vxer's in the Lehigh Valley, PA?

Lease-V-cross
07/10/2005, 06:15 PM
I see a couple drivers every once in awhile.
Just wanted to chat.
I actually had mine posted for sale (I do this every time I am out of work, sigh) I get frustrated and then always think I would do better without my VX. My lease expires next spring.
Not sure what I should do. I can't get a bank loan but I can refinance my VX through the bank that I have the lease with- but my car payment will only drop about $20 a month.
If I could just get a decent job around here that pays I would keep her.

james1_10018
07/11/2005, 10:58 AM
I am not exactly in Lehigh Valley, I leave 30 miles north in Kresgeville/Lehighton area.
I have a 99 silver VX. I go to Allentown quite ofter for shopping etc

Capt.Midnite
07/11/2005, 07:52 PM
I live about a hour north of you near Wilkes-Barre

99VX4x4
07/12/2005, 08:07 AM
i live about 20 minutes from King of prussia in the collegeville area

Lease-V-cross
07/12/2005, 08:19 AM
Cool.
I actually met a guy and his wife that own a yellow one in Bethlehem. He said he gave it to his wife and he drives a yellow H2 now. I laughed at how cool would that be..a yellow VX and an H2 sitting in one driveway?

I occasionally see another one (I think it's black) driving around by the Bethlehem Industrial Park (512) with "Insanity" scribed on the back window.

I guess I should have posted this toipc in "Sightings" but I thought it was more of a "rally-call". :blab:

Have a great week everyone!
Off to job-hunting...............again...........:work:

SkidPlate
07/12/2005, 08:10 PM
If this is a roll call...

I'm also an hour north near Wilkes-Barre.

My sister lives in Bethlehem, I've seen that yellow VX/H2 combo.

Lease-V-cross
07/12/2005, 08:35 PM
Is everyone here keeping their VX?

I have mixed feelings about mine. My lease runs out next spring but I can refinance it through the bank and buy it. I already put so much money into it and I've had a lot of work covered under warranty. Especially the power windows!

VX4EJR
07/25/2005, 09:46 AM
i live about 20 minutes from King of prussia in the collegeville area

Hey, I just moved to Collegeville. Lower Providence to be exact, nice area though.

Maybe a lil meet is in order while the summer is still young. Anyone in the PA/DE/NJ (or other?) area up for it?

Rooster
07/26/2005, 06:18 AM
Good luck with the job hunting, I know your pain...

As for keeping the VX, I would. Not just because it's a VX and this is a VX forum. Because it's a great all around vehicle and quite frankly, it's cheap money now and you'll kick yourself in the *** later. So, if you can swing it, you should keep it.

For future reference, stay away from Leasing vehicle. You pay less a month, but you get nothing in return after the lease is up...

BuffArchitect
07/26/2005, 10:22 AM
Titusville NJ here.

99VX4x4
07/29/2005, 06:11 AM
Hey, I just moved to Collegeville. Lower Providence to be exact, nice area though.

Maybe a lil meet is in order while the summer is still young. Anyone in the PA/DE/NJ (or other?) area up for it?

hey, nice to see we have another VXer near by for a while i thought there was only me, however there is a black one driven by a lady i see a couple times.....i am actually in the limerick/royersford area (upper providence)...but would be interested in a meet

Lease-V-cross
07/29/2005, 07:11 AM
I didn't think the Lehigh Valley stretched that far, to be honest! :)

jimbo
08/06/2005, 08:07 AM
Bucks County here.

Lease-V-cross
06/08/2006, 01:04 PM
6 year old VX nosebra and two window rain guards up for grabs.

I would like to sell them all together since I have them boxed and ready to go.

I'm asking $160.
Shipping is about $20...unless you live near me, we can meet.

The nosebra has a few minor blemishes but looks great shined up.
I have pics if interested...PM me.

Thanks!

Erik
Lehigh Valley, PA

danjr
06/26/2006, 09:08 AM
I have a 99 Ironman here in Frackville ,Pa area Have also seen another one running around couldn't catch it. (Was in my 88 toyota 4x4 know what i mean) Also there is an black VX 4 sale at Auto Liquidators in St. Clair, Pa. Where i got mine. $179.00 a month on the window. Good little dealer, nice vehicles and he sold me a 4 year unlimited mileage warranty at his cost of about $5 or $600.00 . Hell i wish i could buy that one also . But the Daughter in college had to have a honda prelude. Can't locate the lots # at the moment but, here is a contact phone# thru a partner at Auto Diesel Electric 570-874-2100 for anyone interested.

etlsport
06/26/2006, 09:14 AM
philly here

Spike
06/26/2006, 09:21 AM
Delaware County - Newtown Square to be exact...

Spike
06/27/2006, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=

Maybe a lil meet is in order while the summer is still young. Anyone in the PA/DE/NJ (or other?) area up for it?[/QUOTE]

Maybe another Kahunaville run.. that was a blast 2 years ago!
(2 years? eeek!)

etlsport
06/27/2006, 02:12 PM
id definately be up for meetin up with some fellow VXers!

99VX4x4
07/19/2006, 07:25 PM
reviving and old thread/idea, well since i have decided not to sell the VX for the time being, i was wondering if you guys would still be up for a meet i was thinking somewhere in the King of Prussia area there are always car meets in the movie theater parking lot across from the mall not too mention many places to eat/shop/room if needed??

etlsport
07/19/2006, 07:39 PM
i would definately be up for that, im in the exton area almost every other weekend so KOP is just a hop skip and a jump away, you tell me when and where and ill be there!

Lease-V-cross
07/19/2006, 07:50 PM
Unfortunatley, my fellow VXers, I am no longer part of the VX family.
My lease came to an end and thus, so has my partnership with my Foxfire red VX. I had a blast with that vehicle, but with the soaring price of gas I had to make a choice.
I had some great conversation with members on this forum, though.

I will always have the photos of my VX.

Change is good.

Take care everyone!

Erik

etlsport
07/19/2006, 07:53 PM
where did your firefox go? m'lady is very interested in getting a VX after driving mine.. but she will only go for a proton or firefox

Lease-V-cross
07/19/2006, 08:37 PM
I left it with the dealership.
Star Pontiac off of Hecktown Road in Easton, PA.
Where it went from there, I don't know. Probably to an auction?
I didn't use it as a trade-in.

Spike
07/19/2006, 11:55 PM
reviving and old thread/idea, well since i have decided not to sell the VX for the time being, i was wondering if you guys would still be up for a meet i was thinking somewhere in the King of Prussia area there are always car meets in the movie theater parking lot across from the mall not too mention many places to eat/shop/room if needed??

Go for it... Hopefully I will be available as I have a few weekends already tied up via projects at work and vacation during the month of August ...

It would be a trip to pull up to the valet cones at Bahama Breeze en masse... Then one by one just shake our head's 'no' to the attendant and go park ourselves.

Hopefully we can get more than just Victorys an Kaisers with the occasional Ebony to show up ... it seems thats what this area is somewhat saturated with. C'mon Protons and Astrals (yes, and Firefoxs and Dragons)... get out from under your rocks and climb on top of them where you belong ...

Catch77
07/20/2006, 06:07 PM
I'd consider this myself since I'm just outside King of Prussia.

Spike
08/09/2006, 08:43 PM
danjr ... jimbo ... BuffArchitect ..

Any of you guys free on Aug 19th, around 11:30-12?

If so... King of Prussia / Valley forge VX Meet ... starting at Bahama Breeze

Details here:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=80955#post80955

C'mon.. the more that show.. the more funny looks we get from passers by in the parking lot and the park ...

jimbo
08/20/2006, 04:55 PM
Whoops, I guess I missed it. I haven't been here in a long while - sorry.

My wife's 8 months pregnant and not much into going too far from home right now anyways, so I probably wouldn't have been able to come.

Hope you all had fun, good to know we have several VXers around.

Spike
08/20/2006, 10:40 PM
Whoops, I guess I missed it. I haven't been here in a long while - sorry.

Too bad, would have been great to add a little more color to the group :laughing:

We needed Astrals, Dragons, Firefoxes and Protons (oh yea, and a Pearl) to make the complete line of colors :P

Good time was had by all.

Congrats to you and your wife on the upcoming addition.

jimbo
08/21/2006, 05:09 AM
Maybe next time.

Bahama Breeze is actually our favorite restaurant - love the fish in a bag, especially in Fla where the fish is real fresh. My wife loves bahamaritas.

We discovered the very first (and at that time only) Bahama Breeze on International Drive in Orlando years ago, right after it opened, and have been big fans ever since. We've been to both Orlando locations (there's two on I-drive now), Tampa (near airport), Cherry Hill Mall and of course King of Prussia.

We have a tradition of doing a Christmas shopping trip to King of Prussia right before the holiday, maybe we'll see you then. (with little Jimmy along).

Getting my Nittos today - Yipee!

djkymar
11/01/2006, 10:04 AM
hey im living in Allentown. PA so if everyhbody whos around ever want to meet call me up too =)

ThirtyftFL
11/01/2006, 10:59 AM
Wilkes-Barre here too.

danjr
11/03/2006, 06:09 PM
Hey spike sorry iI missed the invite .Daughter in college. 3-jobs Working 9-days a week. Anyway, Seems there are a few Vxrs here in Northeast Pa. and the Lehigh Valley. Every August the city of Pottsville,Pa. has a very big Car Cruise Usually a few thousand vehicles Would be A good time to gather , Theres also a place for 4x4s in Hazelton ,Pa. called Paragon Adventure Park. See hourds of Jeeps ,Toyotas And those boxy things ,Oh yeah Land Rovers/Range Rovers going there throughout the summer. Theres also a Place in Tremont Pa. called Raush Creek for $ wheel'n.

djkymar
11/03/2006, 06:35 PM
In August its too long to wait almost a year, we need meet all together sometime before =)

etlsport
11/03/2006, 06:37 PM
id be game for meetin up with the vxers in the area again sometime soonish

99VX4x4
11/04/2006, 01:27 PM
id be game again

dave3702
01/02/2007, 08:36 AM
Still new to the VX, but loving it. Don't see many in the immediate area, just bought my proton end of November. Had to go to suburban Pittsburgh to find the one I wanted. A meet in the area (even KOP area or north of here) would be of interest for spring.

Spike
01/02/2007, 09:34 AM
King of Prussia was a fun meet back in August...

We could do Valley Forge again...

Unfortunately Kahunaville in Delaware shut down a couple months ago .. so no more Sunday afternoon cars shows to visit as a herd like we did in '04

Maybe we could check out the Pontiac dealer in West Chester -
Faulkner pontiac ... in the spring they start up their monthy cruise night... (this will be their 11th year)

2nd Friday of every month, april through september.

http://www.faulknerauto.com/en_US/
click on 'why faulkner' on the right side of the page... and scroll about halfway down

etlsport
01/02/2007, 01:35 PM
that looks like it could be a lot of fun.. id also love to be able to do some offroading, comparing VXs and maybe doin some modding!

hey spike i saw you (or your vx) like a month ago, right near paoli, i wasnt in my vx (in my buddy's blue A4), but still waved.. recognized you by the diff colored horn lights lol

Spike
01/02/2007, 01:56 PM
Yea, I wanna do some mild off-roading as well. But I dont want to drive like 300 miles to do it... Maybe the first/next big snow... we should rally a bunch of owners to go mess around in the stuff...

Oh wow... sorry i didn't catch ya waving.. I just find Audi's to be so non-descript that I dont notice them much.

I work in Berwyn, right near Jimmy Duffy's catering hall... and I live in Newtown Square.. so I am up and down 252 and along 30 a lot...

I used to catch VX4eJr' in his kaiser once in a while before he moved about a half hour farther northwest of here.

Always seems that people see VX's when they arent actually in their VX...

Like 3 weeks ago when I was driving a UHaul up to and around New York City and saw a Proton a quarter mile ahead of me.. but couldnt catch up because i only saw it when I got to my exit on the NJ TPK.

Spike
01/02/2007, 02:00 PM
Still new to the VX, but loving it. Don't see many in the immediate area, just bought my proton end of November. Had to go to suburban Pittsburgh to find the one I wanted. A meet in the area (even KOP area or north of here) would be of interest for spring.

Hmm.. I just noticed there is a Whitehall near Allentown and another Whitehall near Pittsburgh... Did you drive your Proton through some kind of wormhole to bring it back ?

Did you at least stop at a Quaker Steak & Lube to fill up on wings before you made your return trip?

99VX4x4
01/02/2007, 06:06 PM
I'm up for the West Chester meet, i have quite a bit of friends from that area so maybe i can see if they know any good places to go off road. On the list of seeing other VX'ers i think I have seen Elliot quite a few times however like many others I was not in my VX so Elliot if you see someone in a red Mazda CX-7 or red Jag x-type thats me i've honked and flashed lights a few times

Spike
01/02/2007, 06:38 PM
Hmm. how do you like your CX?

My dad has been considering an AWD small SUV...

I know he asked me what I knew about the HHR, but I totally forgot about the CX7

99VX4x4
01/02/2007, 06:58 PM
We (me and the parents) love it! We traded a 2003 Benz C230k in on it and it doesnt even seem like a step down, performence is very good (can cheerp the tires), we have ours fully loaded with the tech pack which includes the remote start voice navi all that good stuff. We've had it for about 2 months and have no regrets it'll handle all our home depot runs, and it does get looks, my g/f made the comment i like wierd suv's cuz of this and the vx but all in all its very good. the only down side is its kinda bumpy for a Sporty suv but we drive VXes what do we know!

99VX4x4
01/02/2007, 07:14 PM
i would reccomend looking into it, when we were looking we had narrowed it down to a murano, xc-90, rdx, and cx-7 and there was just something about the mazda that kept bringing us back. My sister also has a mazda 3 and the service experience for both have been excellent

etlsport
05/02/2007, 11:20 AM
... its beautiful outside.. lets get this meet together sometime soon!

djkymar
05/02/2007, 06:35 PM
im in for it

dave3702
05/03/2007, 07:39 AM
Hmm.. I just noticed there is a Whitehall near Allentown and another Whitehall near Pittsburgh... Did you drive your Proton through some kind of wormhole to bring it back ?

Did you at least stop at a Quaker Steak & Lube to fill up on wings before you made your return trip?
Funny, though. Wormhole would have been nice & quick, I suppose but I would have missed all the stares during the 3+ hours on the PA turnpike. Wings for return trip came from Hooters, never been to a Quaker Steak & Lube.
I'm ready for a local meet. When & where?