PDA

View Full Version : Stupid things people say to you.

BumbleV-X
06/20/2002, 11:59 PM
OK... we've all heard them. Now post them.
I've been called a Bumble Bee, tennis shoe, roller skate, and a "thingy". I've been screamed at and pulled over. My answer is still no when asked if the tent pops out the back. NO, it's not an Extera, CRV, or a Hundai. NO, I did not add the "ISUZU" on my "JEEP". YES, I do take it off road, and no it doesn't have a built in raft. My biggest giggle was when a guy actually came over to me while I was pumping gas to ask if this was one of those new electric vehicle. I get people screaming at me that it's ugly (usually from the sidewalk). A few days ago took the cake though.... some guy in a PINK yes PINK Nissan Frontier had the nerve to yell at me, "YELLOW SUCKS". The nerve!!!!

What do you get??;eeky; ;eeky;

WormGod
06/21/2002, 08:46 AM
I went to a cookout a couple weeks ago that my EX invited me to and she had never seen a VX. She liked it, sat in it, begged to take it for a spin (NO!) and swore it was a new BMW or Mercedes SUV. Since it's been debadged I guess she had no idea. The only way I could prove it was to show her the steering wheel and seats where it says ISUZU. When she found out it was an ISUZU and not some yuppie, brat mobile, she was instantly turned off. "Oh, it really is an ISUZU V-Thing. Well, wanna go and see if everyone is eating yet?" *sigh*

Damned lawyers.

Teckhardt
06/21/2002, 06:09 PM
Since I debadged my VX, I constantly have people twisting their heads on the freeway to try and see a front badge. No luck - it's gone too. Even had someone take a picture.

A little mystery is a good thing. ;Dy;

Tonka
06/22/2002, 12:44 AM
The weirdest thing i have heard is "Dinosaur" Kinda fits, i guess. Funniest thing was my friend laughing at all the people on the highway staring at my car. He was in the back where no one could see him because of the tint.

FluiD
06/22/2002, 09:14 AM
I have always thought it looks from the front like a Pokemon... Regardless, now, I find everything else looks like a box.

I never get negative cat calls. I don't care what people might be thinking, because it's eye-cathing. The closest things to insults are mistaken identities: RAV4, or that Hyundai tincanthing. The weirdest thing is when people can't see the H U G E Isuzu badge on the back... which I personally like. Those who debadge really don't need to. Most people are blind it seems!

Girls may ask "what does it do?". Why girls ask that question I am not sure, but statistically it's 100%. Weird.

I enjoy the "what the..." look when cornering on freeway clover leaf's, at say 40-50mph, past BMW's, Porsche's, Transcamerothings...

I was pulled over in southern Utah for 94 in a 75 (I had to avoid a Semi which had lost it's breaks on a hill... everything was sorted out when the officer saw what had happened)... and as he approached the VX he just stopped, took a step back, and asked... "what the hell is this anyway?"

My whole insurance broker office staff came out to look at it the first time I insured it with them...

I often have my CB on when traveling, and it's interesting to hear truckers say something to eachother like, "that's an uhugly lookin' cawr..." when I pass them. It shox them when the find I have "my ears on" and can explain it's no RAV4! Then hit the power and blaze away...

Panther_Black_VX
06/22/2002, 10:55 AM
Last night I am at this red light and a car pulls along side of me. Now its around 1am, I'm heading home, tired, so I just causually glance at the car next to me. From the corner of me eye I notice the light changed to green, so I truned back around and started to take off, when I noticed it was green for the turning lane. So I hit the brakes.

This jerk in the car next to me, thought by me glancing at him then trying to take off I was challenging him to a race. So he starts laughing real loud so I can hear him and says..

"You trying to race me?"
Loud laugh..
"You're in a f**king Isuzu!"

First of all I was not trying to race him I just misjudge the light, but "F**king Isuzu"?!? That pissed me off.

So I put my ViXen in park and leaned out the passenger window and was screaming "What!!", "What!". Like asking him to repeat himself. I guess I looked pretty pissed because this jerk and his friend didn't look my way at all and said nothing. Their eyes were down and they were silent. All this time the light, our light, was now green.

I got back the car and drove off. I slowed down and let them pass me. Then I got behind them and followed them real close for a while until my turn came up, just to spook them out.

Woke up this morning still pissed.. "F**King Isuzu"?! Don't debadge! Wear your badge proudly. We dont' drive BMWs (what those guys were in last night) or Hyundia's. We proudly bought and love our Isuzu's. Be proud!

I was coming to post my story when I saw this thread. Although normally I get VERY good compliments and looks but there are haters out there. So:

Let your haters be your motivators!!

FluiD
06/22/2002, 11:04 AM
Even though it's nice to have an outstanding vehicle, there was once when I was slowing down to row of cars' breaklights at a stop light, when I just looked slightly left to see a Hondafull of young lads looking at me/my car... but they forgot to look at the stopped cars infront of them. Amazing what damage a 5mph collision can do. No one hurt, just bruised egos!

BaM*BaM
09/25/2002, 07:53 PM
This thread needed a restart.

Cptnmorgan
09/26/2002, 10:41 AM
Had lady in the drive through make a funny face at me then ask "is that car solared powered? Sure looks like it would be solar powered!"

Swordy
10/01/2002, 09:18 PM
Or here's a new one I heard today,, "Hey honey, theres that car from Jurrasic Park!" LMAO!

MachineVX
11/15/2004, 08:17 AM
I had a student's mom tell me it's like a dinosaur!

Bantan
11/15/2004, 12:08 PM
Can that thing float on water?

Cyrk
11/15/2004, 12:12 PM
The black dildo... lol

AlaskaVX
11/15/2004, 12:28 PM
NASA really makes cars now?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just point and laugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

yal^
11/15/2004, 01:42 PM
Ok, here it is.
Things people say about my VX...
Few months ago I was at Home Depot with my dad. I was standing between my VX and dad's truck, facing dad and not really paying attention to what's happening.
There was this guy circling my VX and making faces all around. Finnaly he turned to me and started something like this:
'This is the ugliest, most worthless piece of s**t I've seen in my entire life. I wouldn't drive it if they paid me...'
He went on for a good while.
I pulled myself togheter, smiled with my most sincere smile I could pull at the moment and replied: 'Thank you, but I do not remember asking your opinion...'
Just to see his face going red was the best reward I could get for a load of crap he gave me... My dad told me later that he was affraid for a moment I would hurt the guy.

jimbo
11/15/2004, 02:07 PM
Had my VX six months now and not a single comment or look (that I noticed). I'm beginning to think it might be the low-profile color. I did get a 'What did you say, vehi-what?!" at the auto parts counter. I said "vehicross, just punch it in, it will be there." The guy typed it in "I'll be damned" he says.

One of my friends said "holy sh#t I always wanted one of them!" when he first seen the truck.

I've always had an amigo. On the first day I got it a neighbor walked by with his dog "Ah ya got a new Amigo" he said.

When I bought my Amigo back in '89 I got dozens and dozens of questions and people giving me thumbs up etc.

Hummers, Honda Elements, VW Beetles, Minis; I think people have gotten desensitized to unusual vehicles over the past ten years.

transio
11/15/2004, 04:00 PM
"This thing looks like a big Tonka toy. That's what they were gonna call them when they first came out. I saw them at the car show.. the Suzuki Tonka Trucks."

"That looks like a space truck." :confused:

"That thing looks hard!" :confused: :confused:

"If you lose your job, you'll be ok. Just put a 'TAXI' sign on top."

"It's ugly as ****, but it's cool." :confused:

"Why can't you have a normal car like everyone else?" :D

Jolly Roger VX'er
11/15/2004, 04:12 PM
"sneaker"........."tennis-shoe"......"snake"......."horned-frog".......
"amphibious---didn't help that I had a boat prop in hitch!"......
"white jeep thingie"..... "That's a nice IronMan!"....."Ugly Space Truck".... all said by adults.

Kids...god bless them...always see to have positive comments!

"Cool Monster Truck!"....."Nice Car? Truck? Whatever!"

SPAZZ
11/16/2004, 03:20 AM
when someone says "Hey, look at that RAV-4 someone jacked up and put 20's on".....aaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhh:mad:

Maugan_VX
11/16/2004, 05:16 AM
I get the RAV4 nudgings from my friends.

And my classic car restoring buddy of mine hates it with a passion (although he does appreciate its handling on the dirt roads).

but I have to say ...

Woke up this morning still pissed.. "F**King Isuzu"?! Don't debadge! Wear your badge proudly. We dont' drive BMWs (what those guys were in last night) or Hyundia's. We proudly bought and love our Isuzu's. Be proud!

PREACH IT BRUTHA!

thebear54
11/17/2004, 04:42 AM
I hear what you are saying Maugan....
Evertime I hear that "RAV4" S--- I get all fired up! I probably got three RAV4 comments about my Ironman this summer at various car shows in here New England...and my feathers were flying!!!!!!!!! I agree...DON'T debadge...show the colors.
John:D

transio
11/17/2004, 08:19 AM
Protons don't get called Rav4. :)

Chopper
11/18/2004, 05:32 PM
Must be a Fla. thing...never had a Ravioli comment. Always have been recognized as something different whether positive or negative. The salesmen at the dealership were calling it a sneaker.

Heraclid
11/18/2004, 08:07 PM
Personally, if someone would build a tennis shoe to look a bit like a VX, I'll be first in line to buy a pair. That would be great! :-)

I am convinced that the people who have the ugliest comments find the VX threatening to them on some level and would have been the first in line to get one if they hadn't missed the boat. They're afraid it's better than theirs. They want the attention you're getting. They spent more and don't have something as unique or that gets the same looks. They didn't spend more and they're pissed off that you could. They basically just resent the fact that you have and they don't have. And that's what I think of every time someone (and especially other SUV's and trucks) feels an urge to race by me and cut me off for no good reason other than that they have some need to try to compensate for some deficiency of theirs.

thebear54
11/19/2004, 05:56 AM
Here's a new one for you.....I recently had a little High School Wanna-be walk into my store and proceed to tell me that my Ironman... "was the ugliest car he had ever seen and he was thinkiing about rolling it down the hill".
Facing this "wanna-be" I promptly told him..." that MY VX is worth more than he will ever be worth during his entire useless lifetime".
After he turned 20 shades of red,he turned and walked out(he had just applied for a job at my store and needless to say he realized he didn't get it). Can we say: Open mouth...insert foot!!
Keep on 'truckin.........John

Geoman
11/19/2004, 05:14 PM
My response would have been a little more terse, like..."IF I WANTED YOUR OPINION... I WOULD BEAT IT OUT OF YOU!!! Then again, it's just me...;eekb; ;eekb;

transio
11/19/2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Personally, if someone would build a tennis shoe to look a bit like a VX, I'll be first in line to buy a pair. That would be great! :-) Umm....
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=119968

:)

Heraclid
11/19/2004, 05:55 PM
Cool... ya could add some miniature KYB's, make the lights blink with each step... pump-up cladding for water crossings...

thebear54
11/19/2004, 05:59 PM
Cool Sneaks...Do they come in Victory White???:D :D :D :D
John

thedutchguy
11/20/2004, 01:33 AM
Standard Proton footwear by Adidas:

Never leave home without them!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1068schoen.jpg

thebear54
11/20/2004, 03:14 AM
Well, I run a shoe store....and I own a VX....so I am just going to have to find a pair of those in white/black:D John

OZ VX
11/20/2004, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry, but those shoes are a little different for me.

The funniest thing I have ever heard was when some guy said to my friend with a Supra "thats a cool bodykit for a Monaro (pontiac GTO)"