PDA

View Full Version : I'm baack!

skullcap
07/08/2005, 01:14 PM
Long story about my year-plus hiatus from the land of accountability and sweet tea, but I've emerged from the insanity of attempting to forge a federal career in our nation's capitol and have learned the lesson that "there's no place like home" ...especially when my neighboring colleague, with the new employer, is the proud original owner of a '99 silver VX (ours sure look nice parked together by the front door to the building)!

My next challenge is to get my neighboring enthusiastic VXer on these boards. Because I introduced her to VehiCross.info, she's already confirmed that her cock-eyed window woes are not as unusual as her dealer has been maintaining.

Joe_Black
07/08/2005, 01:42 PM
Yay! Good to see you're alive and well! So does this mean you're back in the South?

johnnyapollo
07/08/2005, 08:04 PM
It sounds like it's about time for another Atlanta meet. Good to see you back Alex.

-- John

dkmiller68
07/09/2005, 07:24 AM
Count me in for an Atlanta meet...will give Moab pep talk if desired.

skullcap
07/11/2005, 05:22 AM
Yeah, Joe, I'm back in the (soggy :freek: ) south!

Hmm, a meet? Sounds like a plan!

I'll definitely try getting my colleague to bring her '99 and join the fold.

I can't believe Uwharrie in 2003 was the last time I got to hang out at a meet. ;eeko;

Joe_Black
07/11/2005, 05:41 AM
Here's an idea: How about a scouting party this Fall to Tellico? I'd like to find a suitable location for a Southern version of Moab. ;)

Of course I can usually find my way to Atlanta for mini-meets too! :)

skullcap
07/12/2005, 01:35 PM
Yup, ;Dy; them-thar's some rough country outside of Tellico.

It's been years since I hauled-around up there in my old Nissan Gasfinder. It should at least be a little less mud than Uwharrie.

johnnyapollo
07/12/2005, 08:43 PM
I woudn't put my VX through Tellico - them be some bad-***** rocks! I've seen some major lifted 4x4s get demolished through there - I think even the easy paths are much harder than Uhwarrie.

-- John

skullcap
07/13/2005, 05:12 AM
Well, I wouldn't want to drag mine over them rocks, but at least pose my ride for a picture with some :naughty:

Joe_Black
07/13/2005, 05:29 AM
I talked with a couple local guys that took their stock LR Defenders up there and they said there were plenty of trails for stock to mildly modified rides. I've been looking over a lot of online info that stated the same, but having never been there is what inclined me to go take a peek. Oughta be nice in the Fall. ;)

skullcap
07/14/2005, 05:26 AM
Tellico is beautiful country.

I'm going to browse the forums, but does anyone know how to perform an attitude adjustment on the stock CD changer? Mine's refusing to give-up a Best of Collective Soul CD or switch to anything-else in the deck. :smack:

Joe_Black
07/14/2005, 06:23 AM
Here's how I solved the problem in the IronMan: Sony MP3 (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2f08LkL2HKa/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=62700&I=158CDXM995)

I liked the result so much the Dragon got one too! Plus it's nice to have the ability to get rear-view video as well, and the opening of the lower cubby for storage or whatever.