PDA

View Full Version : VA/MD/DC Meet interest?

Ron Pfeiffer
07/07/2005, 03:57 AM
There seem to be enough of us around to have another meet, so lets see if we can get one rolling.

The dates that have been suggested are the 23rd or the 30th of this month. Any takers? Any other suggestions? Dave&Busters was where we had our last one, but location is up in the air too.

Chime in and let us know.

Ron

CSTYLES
07/07/2005, 06:46 AM
I'm interested in meet this summer...

WormGod
07/07/2005, 07:09 AM
Perhaps. Lemme know. I am usually open on weekends. My VX is pretty stripped down and stock now since I have a 30k checkup coming up but it aint that big of a deal.

Navigator
07/07/2005, 08:12 AM
I'll bend my schedule around whatever the majority decides. Looking forward to seeing some mods, installed or not, especially the CF hood. See you all there.

Project Big 1
07/07/2005, 10:50 AM
I own a small bar and restraunt here in southern maryland
I would be happy to host any VX event in the area

sdr
99 Siver VX

Cobrajet
07/07/2005, 07:04 PM
I'd be interested in a Northern VA meet.

Nazrat
07/08/2005, 05:23 AM
I'm up for a VA/MD meet on the 23rd. I can host at my house/garage if people are interested in tinkering at the meet.

-Tad

My modlist, as partially inherited from Dallas4u includes a supercharger, trans interceptor, lowered seat, wheel spacers, upgraded brake lines, sunroof, etc.

ISCE
07/08/2005, 08:24 AM
...I will keep watching to see when and where. Right now, both dates are open surprisingly!

Jay

CSTYLES
07/08/2005, 08:50 AM
Hey Ron, How about we do it in Front Royal?

I was out there the other day, my girlfriend and I did the Skyline drive for the first time. It was a gorgeous day so we took her firebird convertible (of course, she let me drive). Is the speed limit really 25mph ? I couldn't help going 50 on some of the down slopes... :yesr:

BTW Both dates are fine.

Maugan_VX
07/08/2005, 11:25 AM
I might come if you guys promise not to tar and feather me :P

frog11
07/08/2005, 07:44 PM
I'm definitely in for the meet. Don't know what time of the day everyone was thinking about but unfortunately evening of 30 July doesn't work for me.

Roy

Ron Pfeiffer
07/09/2005, 06:08 AM
The 23rd looks like the best time - no objections to it so far, whereas the 30th isn't good for some.

The best location would be something central to the whole area, I think (though I could be wrong). A big thank you to Project Big 1 for the offer of hospitality, but perhaps its too far south? Ditto for Front Royal. Though it would be cool to have in my back yard, and the Skyline Drive is beautiful (its 4 miles from the house as the crow flies - we go every weekend), it might be too far for the Baltimore/DC/MD people. Again, I could be on crack with this - anybody have any thoughts?

How about this - all for the 23rd, say aye. We work on location next. Tell us where you are NOT willing to drive. For me, I'll go anywhere.

Ron

Nazrat
07/09/2005, 08:56 AM
I haven't been to Dave and Busters in probably 5 or 6 years, and it's fine with me. I'm in Fairfax County, so if there's something here that interests people I'm game for that as well.

-Tad

bstrong
07/09/2005, 11:59 AM
Hi,

I'm a new VX'er. Meet date sounds good to me. I'll be the one holding up my passenger window with one hand and steering with the other.

I purchased my VX about a month ago. Passenger window failed a few days ago. I Discovered ceramic tab that bolts to regulator at bottom of window became unglued. Probably due to the well documented "window binding" problem. I've done the window fix per the posting I've seen on this site...but what kind of glue/epoxy/sticky-stuff do I use to fasten the ceramic tab back on to the bottom of the window? .

I'm also in the market for a roof rack...Any leads?

Cobrajet
07/09/2005, 05:25 PM
The 23rd is good for me. I would love to see a whole line of VX's at my usual Saturday Night cruise at Burger King in Manassas, in place of all the late model Mustangs and Vette's, but it may not be convenient for most folks, except maybe those to the west. Also, near Sperryville, on 211 at the base of the mountains of Shenandoah National Park, there is an open car show every weekend. It's a nice scenic drive once you get on 211 and a very cool country setting, with lots of cars and bikes passing through all day long. I only wish I could drive both my VX and my Cobra.

Nazrat
07/09/2005, 06:11 PM
I was at that show about 2 weeks ago with a buddy (we usually go before dark, which means before the ricers and low riders show up) along with his Cougar, and about 4 years ago in my Hummbug. It would be fun to see a line of VXs in the field (overflow, but a fitting place for the VXs) behind the BJ next to all of the cars.

I do think that something more central would be a good idea though.

-Tad

Maugan_VX
07/10/2005, 07:37 AM
Hey Tad,

Can I crash at your place? :D

frog11
07/12/2005, 08:41 PM
Doesn't seem like anybody has been able to pin down a meeting location yet so I'll throw out the idea of meeting somewhere in Tyson's Corner. There is plenty of parking, good restaurants/bars and it's pretty centrally located. Any thoughts??

Ron Pfeiffer
07/13/2005, 03:55 AM
By the power vested in me by me, I now declare you the Namer-of-the-Meet-Location. Pick a restaurant and I'll be there.

Ron

Nazrat
07/13/2005, 04:43 AM
Yup, name the place and I'll be there.

-Tad

WormGod
07/14/2005, 07:37 AM
Regardless of where it is, my time is limited because of work. Serious crunchmode (no thanks to being developer whores for Xbox 360 titles) and I pretty much have to breathe, eat, and sleep while working. I work in Rockville, MD so, in "my" case, the closer to there the better, since I can always cut out for a small bit. Looks like you all have a good number of folks for a turnout though so I am expendable if you plan it further.

vxstorm
07/14/2005, 08:46 AM
Hey, shouldn't we meet somewhere were we can do some off-roadin'. I just recently purchased my VX in APril and I am ashamed to have only driven it in the city since. It is screaming to run free in the wild!! Cmon guys, yeah restaurants and meeting anywhere would be great, but lets make our babies happy and give them some wide open spaces to play in. Any ideas? :cool:

vxstorm
07/14/2005, 01:01 PM
On a side note :) Tyson's Corner would be great. Maybe there are some cool roads around Great Falls that we could take? I am not entirely familar with that area.

BlackVX
07/14/2005, 02:05 PM
Lately, my wife and I noticed more in more VXs. In two weeks I saw 5 different Vehicross alone! My wife saw 2.
All in Fairfax, Herndon, Reston and Sterling area.

They stop making them right? ;)

Ron Pfeiffer
07/14/2005, 03:00 PM
I saw one parked in a townhouse/apartment complex lot last night near the Fair Oaks mall. It looked like an Ironman. Anybody here?

Ron

Nazrat
07/14/2005, 04:04 PM
Lately, my wife and I noticed more in more VXs. In two weeks I saw 5 different Vehicross alone! My wife saw 2.
All in Fairfax, Herndon, Reston and Sterling area.

They stop making them right? ;)

I suspect it was yours that I saw once or twice in Herndon.

-Tad

frog11
07/14/2005, 07:16 PM
Okay, how about meeting at Tyson's II. I was thinking The Cheesecake Factory. I scoped out the parking situation today and I think if we all meet on the top of the parking garage at the far end by Macy's there would be plenty of room available - if weather gets too hot or if these regular afternoon showers pop up we can move to the lower level of the garage. In order to accomodate everyone's busy schedule and to avoid the restaurant rush lets meet at 3:00pm.

For those unfamiliar with the area the address is:
Tysons Corner II - Galleria Mall
1796 International Drive, McLean, VA 22102

I don't know of any offroading spots in the area, probably too close to the city. If anyone has a better idea/location lets hear it.

Roy

vxstorm
07/16/2005, 07:49 PM
Hey, sounds good to me. I am eager to see more VX's!! There do seem to be alot of Vx's in the NOVA area. Hopefully we can get everyone together. And you are right about the off-roading thing, it is too close to the city. I guess I will just have to do donuts in the parking lot or something. :p Hope to see you all!!

Ron Pfeiffer
07/17/2005, 03:46 AM
Plus, with the 3:00 time, I can wash my 'Zue again before the meet. Can't show up with a dirt ride, now . . .

We can substitute driving over sidewalks and mall planter boxes for a little light off-roading. I'm sure we can find someplace we aren't supposed to drive, and then drive there :)

Ron

vxstorm
07/17/2005, 06:47 PM
sweet : )

bstrong
07/18/2005, 09:32 AM
Saturday, July 23rd, 3:00 pm at Tysons II garage top sounds good to me.

WormGod
07/18/2005, 05:54 PM
I wont be able to make it. Only gonna have a couple hours to cut out of work and the drive there and back will cover that. Pour some out for the M.I.A.s would ya. ;)

Maugan_VX
07/22/2005, 08:01 AM
I'm gonna need directions.

I might be a little late. Hard to guage how long the drive will take from Raleigh.

Nazrat
07/22/2005, 08:50 AM
I'll send you directions, but the concept is take 95 north to 495 west (torward tysons corner). Get off at the RT123(Chain Bridge Rd) exit headed west. Take your 2nd right at a light and the mall will be directly ahead of you on the right. The parking deck is right there so turn into one of the entrances and look for VXs.

http://www.tysons2.com/location.html

-Tad

Maugan_VX
07/22/2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks Tad

-Tad 2

crap this means I have to clean the damn thing

Ron Pfeiffer
07/22/2005, 02:05 PM
Guess I'll be up early tomorrow.

Ya know, for such a small truck, it sure takes a long time to get it really clean. Perhaps if I got it less dirty . . .nah, forget I said that.

Ron

Maugan_VX
07/23/2005, 05:26 AM
Ok, I'm heading out to go to the super-suction car wash vaccums and then I'm fillin her up and headin out.

See ya'll there

ISCE
07/23/2005, 04:27 PM
I look forward to the trip south in October. Hope to see you all then,
Jay

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/cropped.jpg

Ron Pfeiffer
07/25/2005, 06:32 AM
It was good to see everybody - and so sweet to see those VXs all in a row.

I'll do some research on peak fall-color times up on Skyline Drive, and we'll set a date for the October meet.

Ron

P.S - thanks again to CobraJet for the vittles!

WormGod
07/25/2005, 07:16 AM
7. Not a bad showing. Glad the weather was INCREDIBLE for you all. I got to sit in the office all day with construction going on just 15 feet from me. Now THAT is how you spend a beautiful Saturday. :(

ISCE
07/25/2005, 07:23 AM
There was some brief discussion on going over there and busting you out! I think maybe if we would have known exactly where you were we may have tried it.

bstrong
07/25/2005, 08:33 AM
I'm a new VX'er and one of the first to accept the invitation to this meet, but on Saturday morning I discovered downed trees from Friday night's storm and spent all day removing them. Don't worry they didn't fall on my VX.

I'll make it to the next meet..."Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise"
(On second thought now that I have a VX even if the creek does rise it probably won't stop me.)

Maugan_VX
07/25/2005, 10:47 AM
It was nice to meet all you guys finally. That cheesecake factory was so good. Thanks for that Cobra!

Thanks for puttin me up for the night Tad!

vxstorm
07/25/2005, 02:47 PM
Was a wonderful meet. It was so great to meet all of you. I am dying to do some off-roading in Oct. Keep me posted!! I will post all of the pics here asap. My boyfriend is a perfectionist so he is still working on them : P Take care everyone!!

Jeanne, Jorge and Zoey : )

frog11
07/25/2005, 08:59 PM
It was great meeting everyone and seeing all of the VXs lined up. I'm looking forward to the next get together in Ron's neck of the woods.

Roy

Navigator
07/26/2005, 11:30 AM
...I need to check in here more often :yes: