PDA

View Full Version : Need help Deciding

jooj
06/28/2005, 06:21 AM
Hi All,
I joined this site in order to get help on whether or not to buy a vehicross plus I love that car.....My situation is as follow: I live in the Middle East/ Jordan, obsessed in 4wheeling especially in Isuza cars (currently have 2, pickup and trooper). There are only 2 VXs available here and one of them got into a deadly accident... most of the exterior had to be replaced and some interior parts. After 3 years of intensive work, the VX came back to life but still have minor problems with the passenger door and the back door... There was no damage to the chassis, axels or the engine and now its for sale to reletively low price. MY QUESTION IS, are VX body parts available (interior and exterior) and are they expensive compared to other Isuzu SUV's..I need to know in order to decide on whether or not to by the beauty....THANKS
J

Maugan_VX
06/28/2005, 03:52 PM
Parts are available depending on how long you want to wait. I'd honestly stay away from a vehicle that has been in a serious accident regardless of the make/model.

I read somewhere on here that some guy has a 9 week backorder wait for a piece of cladding.

thebear54
06/28/2005, 05:09 PM
My advise would be to have a mechanic check over the VX completly from top to bottom. If, as you say, the VX is again on the road and only minor things are left to do I would probably take a chance on the car as long as the price is right. Parts will be your biggest problem but ordering from Japan might be easier and might less time. Considering that there were only 4,803 VXs ever made...it would be worth saving and a lot of fun to drive.
John :)

MZ-N10
06/28/2005, 05:26 PM
in 2003 i didnt have much trouble getting front cladding, hood, right head light, etc when i crashed my vx. but it could be different now.

jooj
06/29/2005, 02:15 AM
Thanks People,
First of all I have to wait for the seller to settle on a price, then defiantly im gonna take it for a complete check-up.
I remember when the 2 vehicross were introduced in my country, I fell in love with it. but it used to cost back in 2001 around 70,000 USD, yup 70 big ones....this is due to very high customs on cars...especially equipped cars with big engines(>2000cc)....currently, after all what happened to the car, the seller is asking for around 20,000....I know all of you are gonna say WHAT!!!...but I considered getting one from the US, found a couple for around 16,000 but when I added the customs and shipping, it could cost me up to 35,000 $ for a 2000-2001 SUV....GOD I wish I could get a duty-free car :confused: .