PDA

View Full Version : Where is the EGR located?

ScottinMA
06/26/2005, 04:11 AM
Yesterday I began hearing what sounded like an exhaust leak and recalled reading that the EGR can be the culprit. If anyone has the time to provide info on what I should do to correct it I would be most appreciative. I couldn't obtain the info I needed from the "search" feature.

Thanks

Maugan_VX
06/26/2005, 07:18 AM
passenger side near the firewall. Looks like a silver cylinder with wires coming into the top. Its connected to a tube running up from the bottom of the engine bay and is bolted to a diamond shaped block. I know theres a picture of it around here somewhere.

ScottinMA
06/26/2005, 07:27 AM
Thanks...it my "today's project" but I've been unable to get the links to download the pics.

Tone
06/26/2005, 12:08 PM
Or follow the exhaust leak sound.... :bgwg:

ScottinMA
06/26/2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks Maugan and Tone,

Found it and the nut was totally displaced from it's fitting. I've got 42K on my VX and had read that some have cleaned or replaced the unit. I think that it would be good maintenance event given the posts I've read about oil consumption. Wish I could have gotten the links to work on the cleaning process. Might be my next project. Appreciate the assistance of our community as always.

Moncha
06/26/2005, 06:18 PM
It's too bad, Kpaske had a good how to on this and that is what everyone referred to. Maybe he still has it locally and we can post it up here in the How to's.. I'll try and get with him.