PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Theft Stats

TEN36VX
06/25/2005, 08:35 AM
Just as a talking point I thought I would post some info I ran across the other day at work...

According to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) of the Federal Bureau of Investigation there have been a total of 6 VX's stolen in the US. Interestingly enough ther have been two of each model year taken... Also acording to them there were 4160 VX's imported to the US, which is more than the 4153 most folks commonly recognize.

Wondering if any of these poor souls are/were members...?

You can look up the theft rates of any vehicle if you are interested:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/theft/theft.cfm

WyrreJ
06/25/2005, 10:04 AM
According to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) of the Federal Bureau of Investigation there have been a total of 6 VX's stolen in the US. Interestingly enough ther have been two of each model year taken...

It was Noah collecting them for his great Car Ark to repopulate the roads and trails after the coming global warming flood.

TEN36VX
06/25/2005, 01:39 PM
Clever.

Raque Thomas
06/25/2005, 01:57 PM
Just as a talking point I thought I would post some info I ran across the other day at work...
[/url]

I was going to give you some grief about your VX addiction, and doing this while at work....then I noticed you are in law enforcement, so I'm sure it was work related - right? :bwgy:

TEN36VX
06/25/2005, 06:18 PM
more boredom related...

mbeach
06/25/2005, 07:02 PM
My Ironman was the victim of a pretty serious break-in (prior to my ownership).

Damage to the passenger door at the handle, multiple scrapes from a coat hanger and smashed dash bits. It also appears that two of the wheels had been stolen and the truck was dropped off a jack onto the wheel-less hubs (dust shields were smashed).

In praise of the VX's locks however, it looks like the thief took a long time to finally get in (might have been kids though).

I'm sure the insurance payout was in the $2000 range. It happened in Michigan if that matters.