PDA

View Full Version : VX Accident!

TDAWG
06/24/2005, 09:28 PM
well today it happened after babying my VX every chance I got and some A**H**** decided to run a stop sign right in front of my VX. http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3145/thumbs/IM000010_a.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3145/IM000010_a.jpg)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3145/thumbs/IM000009_a.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3145/IM000009_a.jpg)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3145/thumbs/IM000008_a.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3145/IM000008_a.jpg)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3145/thumbs/IM000007_a.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3145/IM000007_a.jpg)
I still can't beleive it. :cryy: I was in such shock that I didn't even ask about his insurance or anything. Now thinking about it there is so much I should have asked. I have a hugh headache and more pain then I could've thought. I only thought of my boy waiting for me at home and now the pain begins.

MZ-N10
06/24/2005, 11:27 PM
ouch....i had an accident like tat a year back,cost around 8000 for insurance to fix.

Anita
06/24/2005, 11:40 PM
Tony,

Im so sorry that it happened to your beautiful Astral and I hope you are physically okay. Seems that no matter how careful you are on the road there is always someone out there who isnt. I hope you get her fixed quickly and as good as new.
:sighr:

Moncha
06/24/2005, 11:55 PM
Just glad you're ok, Tony. Make sure to get checked out completely.. You may feel okright after but, in a few days... You could feel horrible.

thebear54
06/25/2005, 03:47 AM
HOLY CRAP Tony....Glad you are OK.... but man, those photos made me cry. Hope the other guy was insured.
John

Cyrk
06/25/2005, 05:49 AM
That SUCKS SO much... Thank god you are alright, so far... fingers crossed.
The VX can be fixed.
Take care,
Dave

ScottinMA
06/25/2005, 05:54 AM
OMG! Tony..so sorry. Drew's sorry too... Just glad that you're alright.

Numba1goalie
06/25/2005, 07:05 AM
So did you get his insurance?

Ldub
06/25/2005, 07:42 AM
Tony,
Having gone through this last December, I know how you feel. I hope your physical symptoms turn out to be minor. If there is a "good" side, at least it wasn't your fault...I had no one to be pissed at but myself.(and whoever planted that stupid tree in the wrong place) Feel better soon, & know that your "baby" will be back up & runn'in strong real soon.

Ldub

tomdietrying
06/25/2005, 08:57 AM
Tony,
Man, sorry to hear about the accident. I'm glad your feeling o.k. but do what Moncha said and make sure you get yourself checked out.
Peace.
Tom

crager34
06/25/2005, 03:25 PM
Tony;

I wish the best for you and hope you heal. Looks like the VX is totally repairable. Take care of you. Took me awhile to heal for my accident and my VX was totaled. Don't under estimate any ache or pain.

BBVX
06/25/2005, 06:21 PM
Tony,

Sorry to hear about the accident, let me know if you need any help with anything.

Get yourself checked and get better!

Brian

TDAWG
06/25/2005, 07:24 PM
ok here's an update. I checked out good so far gotta wait for the xray results. Had a friend double check my baby and he said that it's gonna be more than $8,000 to fix. The front stucture is shot on the driver side. Fan support was push far enough to cuz engine and tranny damage. Steering is shot so is suspension since my wheel was pushed back 4 inch on the driver side. He does insurance so he says it's shot. Now I'm running into 2 problems!
1) I love the VX too much to give up so I gotta find a new 1.
2) being the proud papa that I am wondering about getting a AXIOM cuz of the 4 doors.
Hopefully I can get more than book so I can buy a new VX and a 4 door SUV. I am diffently going to buy her back from the insurance for parts. Cuz we all know that finding what you need is never an easy task. So parts VX is worth more than gold. I'm thinking an axiom or even something in a Xterra, Liberty or even a pick-up.

SGT.BATGUANO
06/25/2005, 07:30 PM
Hope you heal well and soon.

Maybe look into the $5k one mentioned on this site as a donor/ receptor. Are you sure your eng./trans are shot? Was it left running for a long time after the hit?

TDAWG
06/25/2005, 07:38 PM
nope truned it off right after. When my friend came over to check it we turned it over to see and it started to whale shut her off quick but he was under her and could see that there was some damage under there so now I gotta wait til monday for the adjusteer to take a peek. We all know that to get her back to good as she was is gonna take some serious time and money which I would glady do but will the insurance? Thank god she paid in full and when I bought her from a dealer a friend works at he put down I paid 25 for her.

WyrreJ
06/25/2005, 07:50 PM
You might want to reconsider how much information you post here. It is all publically accessible and searchable via google.

TDAWG
06/25/2005, 08:06 PM
not a problem considering I pay taxes every year here in RI for a $25,000.00 VX. It seems that Rhode Island is the only state when you buy a vehicle that you keep buying taxes on it for what you paid til you die or sell the Vehicle. If you don't have a garage to store an unused vehicle you got 2 months to get rid of it, register it, or have it removed by the state.

SPAZZ
06/25/2005, 08:18 PM
I guess RI is on my "Not to live in State" ...right up there on top with California. I could not believe that you would have to pay on every year for what you paid brand new for it and that you would have to Garage it or they tow it. Sounds like a state owned by Home Owners association to me.

TDAWG
06/25/2005, 08:33 PM
nah cuz being a homeowner I pay taxes out the wahzoo there 2. you can buy house but the land aint yours unless it's been in the family for generations. RI is 1 of the top 5 worst states for taxes for people. It's even worse for retirees.

SPAZZ
06/25/2005, 08:35 PM
isn't that what I said.."NOT TO LIVE IN STATE"???

TDAWG
06/25/2005, 08:47 PM
:yesy: LMAO yeah you did but now I'm stuck here til the wifey decides it's time to move or we split up which ever comes 1st. :laughy: but with my luck it be when :deady:

SGT.BATGUANO
06/25/2005, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I imagine the fan and radiator and possibly oil filter mount took a hit , but those parts would be usable off the donor.

nocturnalVX
06/27/2005, 02:43 AM
Man! Sorry to hear that some idiot messed up your VehiCROSS. Not wishing ill on others, but why can't these a******s play bumper cars with some other less-rare rides. Who cares if an Explorer or a Cavalier ends up in an auto graveyard? There are hundreds of thousands of them left. They just have no clue how much pain they cause by running into a VX. We all feel for you! :cryb:
I ditto all the others wishing you good health, and I hope for a complete & speedy restoration of your VX. Good luck!

WormGod
06/27/2005, 07:40 AM
Wow, looks almost exactly like the damage I had on my corner clip accident. Mine damage ran around $8500 and the insurance company faught a LOT over the parts and areas for repair. The shop that worked with it tried their hardest to get all new parts because of the rarity of the VX, but they could only do what the insurance would allow. I did pull some money out of pocket to buy parts for them so I dodnt have to drive around a bondo bucket. Keep that in mind. ;)

dkmiller68
06/27/2005, 08:10 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news...For what its worth...I always try to have my digital camera in the VX in case of accident. I had a small fender bender (cladding actually) 6 months ago and I photographed the guys' license plate, vehicle (was business truck with advertising on it), and his insurance document as well as my vehicle. I didn't photograph him but thought about it. I felt better as I drove away knowing that I had some record of it all.

tampavx
06/27/2005, 01:33 PM
Please do not buy an Axiom, my husband owns one, it has been so unreliable, the air conditioner was replaced at 70,000 miles, three months ago the transmission blew, Isuzu would not replace it because we couldn't produce proof that we had the transmission serviced at 60,000 miles, we had the maintenance done at a mom and pop shop in Maryland where we lived prior to moving to Florida. We called the shop to get a copy of the work that was done, they couldn't produce it, alot of our personal paperwork was lost in the move, (don't use Mayflower Moving and Storage) so we were stuck paying for a new transmission. (Of course I didn't have it replaced at the Isuzu dealer I wasn't about to give them my money) Anyway enough of my two cents.

By the way, I still miss my VX whenever I see one I miss it, I had alot of fun driving it, I have noticed that there are more VX owners in Florida, than in Maryland. But I am still loving my 350Z Roadster.

TDAWG
06/27/2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks everybody for your wishes. Well got a copy of the police report today and guess what. He was sited for not having his insurance card in the vehicle. Called the adjuster and left a message. It seems that the operator says they are open from 9am to 5pm but the adjuster's answering machine says 9:15am to 4:45pm. :confused: That means shes only there for 7hrs? I guess she doesn't take a lunch break? My wife "Ana" was talking to my daugther "Felicia" about the accident and felicia told ana that she was looking at my speedo and I was going 20 when the guy came flying out the side street. Ana asked her why was she looking at the speedometer and Felicia said she always looks at it cuz she thinks it cool that it has little squares. :laughy: funny how alittle girl thinks something like that is cool. Well the hunt begins. Even if the insurance decides to get it fixed I now have the perfect excuse to get another VX. 1 for all show and the other as a daily driver. Ana has decided to get rid of her Millenia for something alittle bigger and safer. Ana has even told me she would like to take some suv saftey classes and a off-road course. ;eeky; She never stop amazing me. God I'm lucky to find a woman is willing to try things I love to do.

TDAWG
07/05/2005, 09:11 AM
Will it's offical. :( As of today the insurance company told my wife it's totaled. They are only willing to give me $9,000.00 for it. I am PISSED :mad:
cuased the adjuster never took into acount what I've done to my VX. Interior, audio/video, some minor performance mods. So I will be taking out everything I put in. I've been calling them to know whats going on 1st hand but no calls yet. I called my lawyer to have him find out whats going on but he told me he's waiting 2. I can't get over that my VX is a 99 with only 28,582 for miles and all they're willing to give is $9. I don't see how they figured that but but it aint happening. If they aint willing to pay for the mods then I'll strip it and they can have it.

Raque Thomas
07/05/2005, 11:22 AM
Tony,
I'd strip the add-ons anyway if they are going to total it - insurance companies will give you absolutely nothing for add-ons in most cases. Just don't tell them about it and put the original parts back on. As far as their offer - I'd tell them you want more & get some ammo to back up your contention that the vehicle is worth more. They are going by a used car guide which, in many cases can be WAY off base. The fact that your car had extremely low miles makes the book even further off. Anyway - gather your ammo - go to as many resources as you can find with similar VX's with low miles (this site, autotrader.com, carmax web site, etc) and print out the descriptions and prices, then get ready to fight!! Good Luck!

billh23
07/05/2005, 11:41 AM
Think of this as buying a used car only in reverse. Seriously, you should counter-offer them, because not only will they budge, but they are expecting a counter-offer. If they say $9K tell them you absolutely need $12K and maybe they will meet you in the middle at 10.5K. I did this with a pickup I totalled, and although I didnt get a lot more then they were offering, I did get enough to pay the truck off and keep a few hundred bucks afterwards.

TDAWG
07/05/2005, 01:34 PM
thanks alot everyone. Well they called me back and told that they had someone down the block coming to pick it up and noticed me changing the rims. They said that the offer they gave me was for the truck as is with nothing being removed. I told them that I was putting the factory wheels that my vx came with. They also told me that the tow truck driver did a quick inspection of the vehicle and noticed it had a audio/video sysytem and that the price they qouted also included that so if I wanted anything out of my vx they would deduct it from the price. I laughed and said ok are you sure that's what you wanna do? She said yes as is or deductions will be made. I gave her my lawyers number and told her that her talking to me is over for her to deal with my lawyer. Now it all about sit and wait. Oh if I wanted to buy my VX back it will be $10,225. Yeah right, ok no problem you I give it to her in large or small bills. I have alot of monopoly cash stashed in my closet collecting dust. The adjuster never looked inside from what my wife told me.He told her not to worry he'll give them a detailed report.:laughy: the saga continues.

SPAZZ
07/05/2005, 02:11 PM
they have been smoking crack with BLING BLING off of Bumb Fights!!! Tell them your buy back price will be half of what they are telling you($10,225.)
Tell them to bust out their crack pipe and smoke their teethe.

Raque Thomas
07/05/2005, 02:23 PM
It's been awhile - but I think the buyback price I got on a totalled vehicle was like 10% of what they gave me for it - certainly not the entire amount they give you - Spazz is right, they're on crack!!

thebear54
07/05/2005, 04:38 PM
Typical Insurance swindle Tony.
All they care about is their bottom line...the less they have to spend (and screw someone over) the better they look.
IT'S LEGALIZED HIGHWAY ROBBERY...AND YOU HAVE BEEN HAD

TDAWG
07/06/2005, 09:32 AM
well as of 10 minutes ago my lawyer called me and asked if everything was all set? I'm like whatcha mean? He tells me that they called him and for me to take what's mine write a list of what I'm leaving and faxed them a copy so they would know it's all set. I told him I'm waiting for a phone call from them. he says ok let me know when they call and what they say, I say ok. No sooner that hang up the phone and it rings. They tell me ok take what's not factory and that they would like a copy and pictures of everything. I say ok then they say that the price will remain the same. I ask which price? The $10,225 she says that the price will be $9.450.00 which is the best they can do. So now I am taking everything out and left without a VX and not even enough to buy another 1 without hitting up my house/moving/mods savings. I told my wife when this is all done we are out of RI for good. God Rhode Island sucks.

thebear54
07/06/2005, 06:15 PM
Jesus H....
They are willing to pay you $9,450.00 and total the VX....Why don't they spend that money to fix her up ??????
Probably should cost them a lot less, what do you think ????
Talk to your lawyer Tony, tell him to call the insurance people and have the car fixed for that price.
It sure beats having to look for another VX since you have so much invested in that one.
Just my 2 cents......John

MZ-N10
07/06/2005, 06:46 PM
yea i agree with everyone else(lol hopping on teh bandwagon)im sure u can get it repaired for tat price....take a look at my vx after some f150 sideswipe me at 40mph....mine looked MUCH worst. it costed my insurance 8272.32.

and the buyback price sounds way off to me. usually u could buy back a salvaged car for much less then wat they paid u for. my friend just recently wrecked a 93 rx7 which is worth about 13,000. buy back was 2300 dollars.

SGT.BATGUANO
07/06/2005, 11:48 PM
Def hosin' ya on the buyback. Should be around/ < $3k on a 9k total.

Try googling total loss scheme, if I remember correctly that may yield info on how farmers and other ins. companies benefit by totalling cars that can be fixed.

I'm sure your atty. had a cakewalk stompin' them, because they generally don't cover mods unless you specifically notify them and re write the policy and pay a higher premium. That's why , when you have damage or theft to mods they typically won't cover replacement. Usually they cover cost to bring the car to stock specs and make it sellable on a legit, name brand dealer lot.

They make their profit by trying to minimize payouts. Ever see their corporate offices and beautiful lobbies/ artwork/ landscaping?

But, always looking for the gov't to bail them out at the first sign of trouble, and usually get it. Very influential lobbyists.