PDA

View Full Version : Used hitch

ThunderChicken
06/20/2005, 11:02 PM
Anybody got a used hitch that they would like to sell? I need one real bad.
I am going to have to pick something up in Maryland and need to pull a small trailer.

TEN36VX
06/21/2005, 12:46 AM
How much are you looking to pay? I have been toying with the idea of trading mine up for Tone's hitch... The Bage hitch is simuliar to the Dylan/Curtis Hitch on Tone's site. I think the specs are 4k tow weight, 300 lbs tounge weight.

ThunderChicken
06/21/2005, 07:20 AM
Please email me at splinter@billyhill.com I would like to discuss this with you. Do you have the whole setup?

ThunderChicken
06/28/2005, 07:12 AM
Anybody got an a affordable used hitch they will sell me? I need it pretty bad, time is getting to be a factor.

Jolly Roger VX'er
07/02/2005, 06:03 AM
Anybody got an a affordable used hitch they will sell me? I need it pretty bad, time is getting to be a factor.

Since the Da'Lan Hitch is offered as a badged "U-Haul" hitch why not check with U-Haul and simply rent one if a used one can't be had and a new one is out of budget? U-Haul would have to install it meaning 2 extra holes would have to be drilled and wiring harness added...but that is their specialty...wouldn't hurt to call or ask price.

Personally I feel a hitch is a very worthy investment if you can go new and Tone can set you up with either style (his or Da'Lan).

kpaske
07/02/2005, 07:41 AM
U-Haul quoted me about $400 installed for the hitch, wiring, and receiver ball (everything needed to hook up one of their car trailers).

I'll probably get one of Tone's hitches one day when I can afford one, just because I think they look a lot better.

Nazrat
07/02/2005, 04:37 PM
I've seen Tone's hitch, and it should have come with the VX from the factory. Does anyone have a pic of the Uhaul hitch (or any other brand for that matter) installed?

-Tad

SPAZZ
07/03/2005, 12:10 AM
Swordy and I both have the Dalan hitch and we have cut about an 1 1/4" out of steele so it doesn't stick down so much. It sits much higher and is used alot less of a rock feeler when offroad. Although now we risk hitting our gas tank skid alot more...but, Swordy is building Diamond plate steele skid plates so we do not worry about bashing the stock thin skid plate up into our tank.
I had a pic in my gallery, but it seems to have disappeared. I have 1/2" heavy duty bolts holding my hitch on. But, have fun getting them inside the frame and down through the holes. Uhaul installed mine originally and charged like $250 for the hitch and installation including the harness and that was in San Diego, California in 2001. So, they are charging you for an unknown vehicle that they think will be really new and hard to install the hitch and wiring. But, in fact the hardest part is those bolts inside the frame and down through the holes. Maybe that is why they used little bolts. I'm lucky that I replaced them with 1/2" bolts when Swordy and I raised the hitch up before I towed my trailer from Cali to Idaho...because those little bolts Uhaul used were bent and not looking very good at all.

Raque Thomas
07/04/2005, 01:28 PM
U-Haul quoted me about $400 installed for the hitch, wiring, and receiver ball (everything needed to hook up one of their car trailers).

I'll probably get one of Tone's hitches one day when I can afford one, just because I think they look a lot better.

Tone's hitch is WAY cheaper than what U-Haul quoted you - and looks 10 times better! Takes a couple of hours to install, but well worth it!