PDA

View Full Version : Question about license plate coovers for VX.

VXNIT
06/18/2005, 06:58 PM
i just received my Bubble Smoke License Plate cover to go with my new GTX Tail Light covers which I immediateluy debadged, but question is:
Our plates are only held with 2 upper bolts, well plate covers have 4 adn the lower part of our plate holder are hooks which are very thin and you cannot fit a plate cover into, so what gives. ANy suggestions or ideas.

Triathlete
06/18/2005, 08:07 PM
Attach using the 2 bolts and notch the cover, using a razor blade, around the "hooks" to allow the cover to set flush.

Heraclid
06/18/2005, 10:52 PM
I had a metal frame at one time and used a Dremel to notch it. I began to notice a rattle from the back and couldn't figure out what it was. Eventually I removed the plate frame, but I was sure that couldn't possibly have been it. I couldn't imagine I'd even hear that if it vibrated a little and only tried removing it because I was at my wit's end on what else to try. Well, they say sound can travel through a vehicle in weird ways and apparently that was it because the noise stopped and never has been back since I took it off. Mine was metal and was just a frame, so maybe your plastic cover will not do that to you.

VXNIT
06/19/2005, 08:36 AM
I will give the notching idea a try. Thanks

VXNIT
06/19/2005, 01:36 PM
Just a FYI, I used a Dremel to just file down cut outs for the small plate holders adn the plate cover now fits flat. A set of dummy bolt heads will fill those extra holes.

Ldub
06/19/2005, 03:01 PM
When I mounted my rear plate/frame, I omitted the little tabs on the bottom by mounting everything over said tabs.(tabs behind plate/frame) works fine, no noise.