PDA

View Full Version : Spinner wheels

ThunderChicken
06/18/2005, 04:11 PM
Okay anybody bought a set of spinner wheels for the VX? If so how much and where I can I get a set?

I thought I wouldn't like them but somebody here in town bought a set for their Blazer and they look pretty sharp on it and I know they would look darn nice on my VX.

TDUB
06/18/2005, 06:52 PM
This is a joke, right?

Triathlete
06/18/2005, 08:13 PM
This is a joke, right?

Man I hope so! I never have liked those things...always thought they looked like something from a carnival. Besides that they are heavy!

But if thats what you like don't let us change your mind. They just aren't MY thing. I believe Rickster had some on his VX and was selling them at one point. Check his gallery.

ThunderChicken
06/18/2005, 09:28 PM
They look coool to me. I like the way the keep on going on after the car is stopped.

Heraclid
06/18/2005, 09:57 PM
Sometimes it looks alright to me, but the problem is that I think I have only ever seen maybe one or two sets of spinners that were actually working like they are supposed to. Seems like there is always one that isn't working or one that is spinning a lot slower than the rest or whatever. What I really get a kick out of are those imitation things that are basically hubcaps with something that will spin on top.

morgan-tec
06/19/2005, 02:43 PM
I had some 20" spin-line spinners on my Axiom for a little while and i even tried to sell them on here. If you do buy them go with a good company like spintek or Davin. Anything that fits a Toyota or Nissan with a large center bore will fit the VX. Weight is a deciving topic when it comes tho these, they do add to unsprung weight but they do not add to rotating mass since the bearings spinn freely your brakes do not have to work any harder to stop the wheels from spinning. If you like them go for it, screw everyone else and their opinions its YOUR truck right? I caught all kinds of hell for mine but EVERYONE looked when i drove by, they are a pain ti keep clean but i think that when they are fitted correctly they look great. The only reason i sold mine was to go to 22"s.