PDA

View Full Version : Help! Lost my VX Hood!

ShadowRider
06/15/2005, 12:32 AM
I just finished washing my VX and noticed that the ftont corners of the black part of the hood was starting to come off. I thought that I could probably glue it back on a little later. Whaddaya know? I was driving home on the freeway and the black plastic panel flew off! Is there anyone selling that piece or know of where I can get it (new or used)? Does anyone know around how much it costs, part #, etc? Thanks!

MZ-N10
06/15/2005, 12:56 AM
ummm....there should be a few around, search "HOOD INSERT". i duno the price for the oem insert but theres a cf one and a cf scooped one. hell ill sell u mine for the rite price lol :p

ron
06/15/2005, 12:50 PM
I would check local or non-local junk yards for a scrapped VX. I was able to get a used insert (for prototyping purposes) dirt cheap and it had just minor scratches on dings that can be easily remedied with a little bondo and a fresh coat of paint. Do a search for links on this site for junk/salvage yards for VXs as there are a few. I do remember one site where you can see the price comparisons of each yard based on condition of the part. Good luck.

alleycat
06/15/2005, 05:51 PM
I just bought and changed my hood insert last week. Comes painted and costs about 300.00 dollars. Takes about an hour to install. If you need more details email me at alleyct@optonline.net
ed