PDA

View Full Version : Hou 4/26 Meet/Wrap Up

geshaw30
03/26/2003, 04:06 AM
Looks like Tone will be down this way so I thought I'd invite the locals, and hopefully some new faces, to meet up on that Saturday afternoon. I'm sure he can bring "goodies" from Austin and I'll provide directions to my place to those who can attend. New owner Andrei will be there and we???ll probably do dinner around 5:30 @ BayouCity Seafood @ 610/Westheimer.

>>>> Link to Gallery (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=537&thumb=1)...WSG
________
Coach purses (http://icoachhandbags.com/)

TimG
04/11/2003, 01:20 PM
I'm in for the 26th.

TimG
04/18/2003, 08:53 AM
Just talked with my brother last night and he'll be there as well.

VXD959
04/18/2003, 07:39 PM
Since my workshop ends at 5:00 p.m. and I'll be close by, I'm planning to show up for a beer or two. I can't stay longer because that day is also my daughter's birthday and we have dinner plans.

See you soon...

VX crazy
04/19/2003, 05:11 AM
I will be there also!

Vasha13
04/19/2003, 07:15 AM
I am probably in too - if I am really lagging on stuff to get done before Moab, I might have to cancel but I will try to get it together.

Tone
04/20/2003, 10:31 AM
Let’s plan on leaving Austin around 8:30am and stop in Manor @ the 290 Cafe for breakfast. Jay from Dallas should be down and traveling with us. If you’ve got a CB, might be a good time to test it out.

geshaw30
04/21/2003, 04:19 AM
Early head count is 8 here in Katy at noon & 2 more in the city (Daniel & Andrei) later. Looking for #11+ out there..........;eekr;
________
Expert insurance (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

VX crazy
04/21/2003, 07:08 AM
Clayton, if your out there you would make #11!!

lostemple
04/21/2003, 09:01 AM
Never been to Houston before. Count me in!

geshaw30
04/22/2003, 04:45 PM
We're toying with the idea of attending the Houston International Festival downtown providing the installs finish up on time. I think dinner is still at Andrei restaurant later.

Let me know your thoughts about the former. It would be kinda interesting for those of you that have never been downtown. It's a huge deal on the streets.
________
Aerio (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_Aerio)

VX crazy
04/23/2003, 06:35 AM
That sounds fun, I have never been to downtown Houston!!

Tone
04/23/2003, 05:37 PM
The only install I am aware of is Andrei’s Safari Bar - anyone else need anything - popper, brake light modulator, turn signal mod, hitch etc? I should also be bringing a few of the new skid plates with me and possibly a prototype of a new full length storage compartment for those who have removed their rear seats.

TimG
04/23/2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Tone
possibly a prototype of a new full length storage compartment for those who have removed their rear seats.
Man, that's cool. A vendor that actually listens to the customers.

lostemple
04/24/2003, 05:37 AM
Tone,

Are the Austinites meeting at your house at 8:30AM Saturday?

Tone
04/24/2003, 05:42 AM
That is the plan and then out to the 290 Cafe in Manor for a sit down breakfast, then out 290 to 95, 95 to 71, 71 to I-10 with a short stop @ Pin Oak exit for some quick Outdoor World shopping and then to George’s. Andrei is expected around 1:30 and then we’ll see what happens from there - glad you’re gonna make it!

Vasha13
04/24/2003, 08:42 AM
Its not really an install but I thought we were doing my rim caps on Saturday? If not, Sunday is fine.

juguli
04/24/2003, 05:17 PM
As I am a fairly new VX'er, I would really like to join the meeting in Houston. But I am confused. Meeting at noon at George's, meeting at 5:30 pm at BayouCity Seafood, going to the International Festival... Please, could somebody help me with the current planning? Where and when could I join? Thanks.

TimG
04/24/2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by juguli
As I am a fairly new VX'er, I would really like to join the meeting in Houston. But I am confused. Meeting at noon at George's, meeting at 5:30 pm at BayouCity Seafood, going to the International Festival... Please, could somebody help me with the current planning? Where and when could I join? Thanks.
You are welcome to attend. We will be initially meeting at George's house in Katy (email him for directions userid: geshaw), then at some point during the day when we get through doing all the modifications of vehicles or when we just get hungry, we'll be heading to BayouCity Seafood. That will probably be around 5:30. If we finish up the mods and are looking for something to do before we go to dinner, we'll go do the International Festival downtown.
We tend to just play it by ear after everyone is there.

geshaw30
04/25/2003, 06:32 AM
Welcome Juguli..
I left you a private message (check your PM box) here with address and my cell number. Feel free to gimme a call ...always look forward to meeting new folks. George
________
*** Huge (http://www.****tube.com/categories/155/huge/videos/1)

Moncha
04/26/2003, 05:40 PM
If you need it, there's a category (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=537&thumb=1) in the gallery for ya'll.
Hope you had fun!

Tone
04/27/2003, 06:28 AM
Great turnout at George’s with what may be a TX VX meet record of 11! Would have been 12 but Tim’s wasn’t ready yet. George’s resort pool and waterfall was refreshing and swims will be strongly recommended at all future meets there.

We met a couple of cool new owners and even one in from New Jersey who we just happened to run into! Bayou City Seafood was EXCELLENT and Andrei an incredible host. We WILL do that again after Moab.

Clayton took a lot of shots and hopefully will post them soon. Thanks to all who showed up and especially Tim, who now has the nickname of Crazy Tim...

Vasha13
04/27/2003, 07:20 AM
Yes, it was a definite good time and many thanks again to Crazy Tim!

Moncha
04/27/2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Tone
Thanks to all who showed up and especially Tim, who now has the nickname of Crazy Tim...

The names are getting better! Bonzai Bob and Crazy Tim.....

Sounds like the start of a new thread ;)

VX crazy
04/27/2003, 11:41 AM
As always an awesome time! I have got to post my pics, great one of Crazy Tim chowing down on raw oysters, and lovin it!!

geshaw30
04/27/2003, 12:45 PM
Thanks to all who came to visit. Always great to have quality guests at the house- Cary, Sammi ("The Littlest Dragon"), and I thank you for a good time. Special thanks to Tim & Andrei-both for for their dinner hospitality. If anybody ventures down this way make sure to stop by Andrei's restaurant-you'll be well cared for.

Tone's "bald headed cat" was a welcome addition to the group though the little devil has needle teeth.

The only real hitch was trying to navigate 11 VX'es through Houston's traffic & keeping them all together. The stares were well worth the effort though ;Db; . Till next time...........
________
HOT BOX VAPORIZERS (http://hotboxvaporizers.com)

geshaw30
04/28/2003, 04:38 AM
My ride...one of the 11 that made a Houston impression..
________
Big tits vid (http://www.****tube.com/categories/10/big-tits/videos/1)

geshaw30
04/28/2003, 04:44 AM
....and the rest of the group
________
Yamaha dragstar 650 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_DragStar_650)

Tone
04/28/2003, 08:45 AM
Bald cat? Mean George.

TimG
04/28/2003, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure there wasn't anyone else there named Tim, so I have to assume you guys are talking about me. The thing is . . . I have no idea what I did. I didn't drink any alcohol, so I know I didn't do something in a drunken stupor. Someone care to enlighten me?

Edit:
Nevermind. I figured it out.

Moncha
04/28/2003, 09:40 AM
Awwwwww! Look at that face!!

Yes, mean, very mean George!;Dr;

Reg Hinnant
04/28/2003, 10:23 AM
Sic em......go for the ankles........better run George....!

Anita
04/28/2003, 10:27 AM
Okay now..

fill the rest of us in on Crazy Tim...

Jesper
04/28/2003, 11:17 AM
hmm... wonder what I will be called if I picked up the tab of 20+ people at a restaurant like Bayou City....

Again, for a newcommer and a non-owner (yes I will be going to Moab) I enjoyed Saturday to no end :)

Jesper

PS.... been tooling with how many hours of overtime I will need to work to get a VX and not trade in my Maxima... My options are getting limited... and then mod'g the VX... yes I will be broke, but I would enjoy it till I fell over.

geshaw30
04/28/2003, 11:25 AM
...that was it Anita- the boy got the tab for 'bout 20 of us (despite our objections). ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb;
________
Rhode island dispensaries (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

TimG
04/28/2003, 11:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that Andrei took care of more than half the tab. The bill was way too small for 20 people and definitely not worth taking the time to split up.

Anita
04/28/2003, 12:05 PM
Hey Tim,

Coming to Moab???

:naughty:

Jay Dunford
04/28/2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Anita
Hey Tim,

Coming to Moab???

:naughty:

Yep, he's coming . . and he will bring that CC he found in the parking lot. Already used once so we know it's good!!

Thanks again Tim.

VXD959
04/28/2003, 12:38 PM
Grrrrrr! Seems like I missed something good...Well, I'll wait until the next one.

Sorry I could not make it...I was hoping to meet you guys before 6:00 p.m....but needed to be in Clear Lake by 7:00 p.m. (surprise party for my daughter)...Family always go first...(eventhough I consider you my second family).

Tone: nice cat. Is that the egipcian kind?

George: nice pics. Are there more?

Who got mods? Who was there?

Tim: Haven't reported you CC stolen yet?

Cheers!

TimG
04/28/2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by VXD959

Who was there?

Tim: Haven't report you CC stolen yet?

Reported it stolen this morning just to be safe.

Forgive me if I mispell or use the wrong name.
VX Owners attending:
Houston Area VXers
1. Tim (TimG)
2. George (geshaw30)
3. Larry (LEG 01VX)
4. Ralf (juguli)
5. Andrei (???)

Austin Area VXers
6. Tone (Tone)
7. Lisa (VX Crazy)
8. Jennifer (Vash13)
9. Clayton (lostemple)

DFW Area VXers
10. Jeremy (My brother, doesn't have internet)
11. Jay (Jay Dunford)

New Jersey Area VXers
12. Buck (????)

If I missed anybody, it was intentional, most likely because I didn't enjoy your company. :)

There were also several friends, girlfriends, and children along, but I'm horrible with names, so I'm not even going to attempt them.

Anita
04/28/2003, 01:12 PM
Great turnout... congrats! That sounds like a record for a Texas gathering.

:jump:

VXD959
04/28/2003, 04:23 PM
That's interesting...Does "Buck" has a VX? Was he visiting Houston? How did you find him?

This is weird, but there are more VXs in Houston than we think.

Just during the last two weeks I saw a red and a white one (I know wasn't TIM's...... It was clean!!! and pretty much stock).

I always see a yellow one driving down 35 on my way to work... There is also a white one with tons of logos/marketing signs (sighting @ 45 North towards downtown).

I found a silver VX having dinner at PF Changs the other day. A few days later saw a beautiful black VX - with custom wheels on some 275 or 285's - on Dairy Ashford towards I-10.

Of course, there's my wife's VX, SOLOSPC (where in the world is this guy?), and Rickster's (I know he's working all weekends now.)

I'm wondering if Isuzu will release a list of VX owners w/o violating privacy rights (they should have one for recall purposes).

Next time lets try to have 20 in Houston. Any possibility of ever heading South? Can't believe that such a bunch of party animals have never been invited to Kemah's Boardwalk. Joe's Crab Shack goes wild Saturday night! Nice scenery and live bands playing!

My place is open for drinks/beers and mods installation...I even have my daughter's cute miniature poodle (female) ready for Tone's cat..or George's Sammi!

I will also check on a motocross track I found just a few miles from my place to see if VehiCross is permitted...I'll post pictures of the place.

BTW, I'm getting my Falkens 265/60/18 this week. Pics will be posted soon!

Cheers,
Daniel

TimG
04/29/2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by VXD959
That's interesting...Does "Buck" has a VX? Was he visiting Houston? How did you find him?

We walked in the restaurant and we had to wait at the bar because they expected
us around 5:30 and we were running a little (2 hours :)) late.
There was a table for 6 people that had 5 empty spaces so we sat down there and
started talking. The guy taking up the 6th seat (the guy that was there when
we walked in) started talking to Jay and it came out that we were a car club.
He asked us what kind of car and jay told him "You've probably never heard of
it. We drive Isuzu Vehicrosses." He tells us that he drives one too. We
didn't believe him. He pulls out his registration card and sure enough, he
drives one too. We invited him to eat with us, but he had already ordered his
food, so he came over to where we were after he was done eating and had a few
drinks with us.

AlaskaVX
04/29/2003, 04:57 PM
now thats a coincidence if I have ever heard of one. ;eekg; Is he on the forum board now?

lostemple
04/30/2003, 05:10 AM
Here are the pictures of the Houston Meet that I took. I had a great time and a special thanks to George for his hospitality and Tim for his generosity.

Sincerely,
Clayton

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b339346384e9

TimG
04/30/2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaVX
now thats a coincidence if I have ever heard of one. ;eekg; Is he on the forum board now?
He used to read vmag, he didn't seem like he spent much time reading the boards. He seemed unfamiliar with this site. We invited him to drop by and say hi.

geshaw30
04/30/2003, 11:28 AM
Thanks for posting the pics Clayton! Are there any more out there somewhere?.

A new post ought to be started with a link to those shots as they good photos of the pitting of factory rims & Tone's skid plates.
________
Healthy Relationship Advice Forums (http://www.love-help.org/healthy-relationship-advice/)

lostemple
05/01/2003, 09:31 AM
My pleasure George. I can post just the parts pics in the gallery section. I can do that tonight or this weekend.