PDA

View Full Version : Ruh ROH, may need this to be explained to me

Dumke
06/10/2005, 09:11 PM
Ok so here goes I have a rager maybe 2002 i forget v6 3.2 )well i forget the liter unless need to know will get that info)

SO i started changing my oil last 2 oil changes thing ing hmm save myself some moola and well... well thats really it plus i put oil i want. well i look in my book which called for 10w-20 well yes i didnt notice untill yesterday on the cap of engine where u put oil says 5w-20. Ok well I am not sure if they placed wrong cap or not and I cant call dealer becuase its late now... So being 3k into it how muhc is this going to mess my engine up??? I mean i did what booked called for... Typo? not sure yet and will haev to talk to ford see if they will fix it.

So do i change it tomorrow b4 anymore dmge is done or ok to ride it out since already gone 3k and this 2nd time i have put same oil in.. (using synthetic if that makes a diff)

And ya not very car oreinted just did what my flipping book told me.

So i guess the explaining part what does it hurt if any putting 10w-20 appose to 5w20..

any answers apreciated and if want to laugh well I cant stop u but glad i could help

mbeach
06/11/2005, 05:10 AM
It won't hurt.
In fact, Mobil 1 makes a 0W40 oil that is recommended (by who?) for use in the 5W20 Ford service.

www.bobistheoilguy.com
Read here and have all of your oil questions answered...

Dumke
06/11/2005, 11:49 AM
k thx i feel a little more rested now i need to see if they just put wrong cap on because that bothers me, they may have gotten in a hurry when they change my oil the last time.