PDA

View Full Version : VX vs. Trooper parts

TEN36VX
06/10/2005, 12:10 PM
I know the VX is based on a Trooper platform, but does anybody know how many of the parts are identicle? Specificly the Track Bars/Mounts and Brake Lines.

I am trying to piece together a custom lift and want to know if I can use equipment made for the Trooper.

Thanks.

SPAZZ
06/10/2005, 01:29 PM
dude, I priced the rear wheel drag bars and Isuzu says the same part number for VX and the Trooper....but, VX was $250+ and the Trooper was $150

you always want to double check though to make sure they didn't mess up

I am not sure about the rear Trac bar though. I used Calmini's Trac bar extension and I had to grind some for it to fit. They claimed for it to be direct bolt up, but after a few hours of frustration and many calls to them I gave up and used the angle grinder. In 10 minutes it was on with the grinder verses the all day project of trying to get it to fit as a direct bolt on. Mind you most of the parts are the same as long as you are looking at the two door Troopers and most engine parts should be the same even though Isuzu used the 3.2 liter engine with 3.5 ported heads. Maybe this is why the VX gets such bad mileage and the Troopers with the true 3.5 engine gets better mileage.

Tone
06/10/2005, 03:21 PM
VX is based on 2 door Trooper that my have a different lenght frame than the US Trooper. Sway bars and other expensive parts (I was quoted from Merlin last week) can be gotten here http://www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com/ for half the price if you don't mind used.