PDA

View Full Version : Spare tire cover screw

ThunderChicken
06/08/2005, 08:03 PM
Hey guys anybody got an extra tire bolt for the rear tire cover that they would sell me?

I broke one of them today.

I super glued it tonight but I don't know if it will hold.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Ldub
06/08/2005, 08:18 PM
I can't remember who posted this fix, but I have done it to mine & it holds up well.

Get a length of wood dowel (1/2" dia., I think), slather it up w/ epoxy, pound firmly into inside of wingnut thingy, let dry, trim flush.

Good luck, Ldub

Tone
06/08/2005, 08:26 PM
There are THREE colors of spare tire cover 'bolts' - red, black and GREY! But you can only order one p/n and no way of knowing what color you'll get. A tip on the 1/2" dowel is to faltten one side with a sander so the air can get out of the assembly when you force it in for gluing.

V12BMW
06/08/2005, 09:13 PM
I just ordered some from the dealership a couple a weeks ago only cost me like 7 dollars that included the washer you need, the female bracket, and the male end. I also ordered the female locking piece for the middle console. total was less than 11 bucks. So if there is an isuzu dealer near buy just go buy em hella cheap

PS you need a goofy lookin washer too

Tone
06/09/2005, 03:36 AM
I need the washers and the clips - please post contact details and the part numbers you got - I am one red set short.

cascabel3
06/10/2005, 03:12 PM
I replaced all four of mine recently with new ones from St. Charles Isuzu. I don't remember the price being exorbant but perhaps I was in a really good mood when I ordered them. What I did then is, I poured epoxy inside them all the way to the top. The next day they were like solid steel. I have a feeling they will last a long time.