PDA

View Full Version : Oil consumption horror story???

Offroad vx
06/05/2005, 02:52 PM
I've owned my VX since Dec. and right after I bought it I checked all the fliuds and needed oil so I changed the oil and re-checked it in about a week and noticed it was low, well I got to talking with the service mgr. at the NEW Isuzu dealer in town. He tells me about the excessive oil consumption test which I knew nothing about but thought was cool he let me know about it. So we started the test and within 2000 miles I used right around 3.5 quarts, so knowing this was alot the service mgr. got on the horn with the regional mgr for Isuzu and told me that it was way to much and to get a motor ordered.(I'm still under warranty)
The motor was to be ordered on Mon. and should be here in a week. So Fri. I call to see if my motor is in and to set up an install date, but instead I find that the dealership was sold. So the service mgr. says he'll talk to the regional mgr. and find out if he can transfer my records. I hear back the next day that all's well and my records will be transferred on Mon.
This is where it gets scary... By Tues. the service mgr. I've been dealing with is now M.I.A. I can't get ahold of him, the defunked Isuzu dealership owner can't get ahold of him and he personally has all my records! Now I'm borderline on my warranty, my motor is making noise and puffing a little smoke! So now I have to start my oil consumption all over again provided my motor doesn't blow between now and then and I've got to go to Iowa for the nearest dealer (which is only 35 miles away but still a pain)
So hopefully I'll still get my motor or this guy from the dealership will miraculously show up with my records before Tues. and I can just start the install instead of the whole test over again!

Tone
06/05/2005, 05:08 PM
Keep putting oil into it until you resolve the issue...