PDA

View Full Version : Have An Offer To Make Someone If Interested.

VXNIT
06/02/2005, 11:54 AM
I have a 01 VX with 25K on it, I have about 12 K on a new set of stock 18 rims due to peeling issues on set one. OK, I am wanting to rid myself of these chrome rims period. n Live at the beach and hate cleaning them. They are a 9 out of 10 rating easy. I seek someone to send me there stock 18's or possible aftermarket set that I can PowderCoat that are straight, true and no dents or bends obviusly, then once mine are done I will send my chrome ones back to them. I just cannot find a loaner set to drive on until mine are powdercoated. Anyone interested or have idea hit me with it.

Joe_Black
06/02/2005, 12:32 PM
How long will the shop need to powder coat your wheels? I might be able to help, especially since you're close.

TechnoPope
06/02/2005, 01:55 PM
I have a stock set sitting in storage. PM me if Joe can't help you out.

Tone
06/02/2005, 04:29 PM
I'm confused here - chrome is THE easiest wheel to clean. So someone is to send you a set of wheels to powdercoat and then you send your chrome wheels to them afterwards? Sounds kinda strange.... How about buy a set of cheap steel wheels, powdercoat them (they do make powdercoated wheels and if cleaning is an issue, buy the new Teflon wheels from American Racing) and then sell your chrome ones.

VXNIT
06/02/2005, 06:10 PM
Cheap steel wheels? Any advice or ideas on that. Great to see guys offering there help, really appreciate it. Also, these rims cost a bundle new and it appears $350 for a set of used is going rate lately and that is just not adequate. I thought just getting the VX stock ones Powder Coated with new cebters might be a good way to go with new shoes I am due for soon. Also I don't want to buy a used set and them be bent or untrue. If i had my choice I would get a loaner set someone has setting around use them for two weeks and give them back but cn;t find a loaner set.

transio
06/02/2005, 08:05 PM
I have an idea - come buy my offroad setup (wheels and tires) for 80 bucks and mount them. Then take your wheels and get them powdercoated and remount them. Then sell my offroad setup to Joe for 80 bucks once you have your powdercoated wheels mounted (he was gonna buy them anyway).

Whaddya think of HTAT ??!? :p

Joe_Black
06/02/2005, 08:11 PM
Powder-coating looks awesome and really sets you apart from "everyone's got it" chrome. We're getting ready to sell Kathy's '01 Trooper and I'm swapping the '99 IronMan's chromes for her silvers (same style) so we can get them powder-coated the same white as the IronMan, which will really give it that rally look. Plus, with a good coat of wax over clear powder over the white it'll clean up like super-easy.

One thing you may want to think about, especially if you off-road the VX at all, is picking up a set of Nissan or Trooper/Rodeo/Amigo wheels in 16" and throwing on a set of BFG All-Terrains or Mud-Terrains. Plentiful and always on-sale somewhere, they're fine on the highway for as long as you need to do stuff with the other wheels. I picked up a brand-new set of Nissan Frontier alloys for $200 off eBay and they look great in addition to working well.

If you don't mind, please share the info on your powder-coater since I'll be needing one myself for the IronMan wheels and haven't started looking around yet. :bgwg:

Joe_Black
06/02/2005, 08:12 PM
I have an idea - come buy my offroad setup (wheels and tires) for 80 bucks and mount them. Then take your wheels and get them powdercoated and remount them. Then sell my offroad setup to Joe for 80 bucks once you have your powdercoated wheels mounted (he was gonna buy them anyway).

Whaddya think of HTAT ??!? :p

There ya go! The VX family hand-me-down of the month. I love it! LOL! :laughy: