PDA

View Full Version : Question

Riprock
06/01/2005, 11:44 AM
I have a 1999 isuzu vehicross with a blow engine and was looking to put it up for sale on the web or local auto hunter. The problem I am having is when I go to a local shop or dealer, they give me figures around $3000.00\ $4,000 and some want to purchase it on the spot. I just dont want to be low balled on a selling price... but at the same time don't want to qoute to much. Body is in really good shape... has been in garage for two years but has not moved...

transio
06/01/2005, 12:09 PM
Not sure what your question is. :)

I think if you're gonna sell it outright, you should replace the engine first. With a busted engine, most people will take the average 1999 price and subtract cost of a new engine and subtract another 1000 for getting the car around and the headache to them. With the engine, you can get top dollar, because it's effectively got 0 miles and none of the 1999 engine issues.

If you're selling it without the engine, expect to get about 5-7k for it. With a new engine, maybe as much as 11 or 12k?

This is my opinion, of course, and isn't based upon any experience or knowledge of the true statistics. It just makes sense to me.

Raque Thomas
06/01/2005, 12:36 PM
Riprock - not sure when the in-service date was (a lot of these sat for a while on dealer's lots), or what the mileage is. I believe that you, not being the original owner, have 60,000 miles or 5 yrs powertrain warranty. This is true for a 2000 or 2001 - not sure about the 99's though - check your manual, you have half the original warranty. If you do decide to sell it without fixing it - I would be interested, 502-905-9444.

LeglizHemp
06/01/2005, 12:44 PM
when my 1999 VX blew a motor in 2002 and insurance company totaled it out, i was told by the guy who bought it at auction that he paid 12.5-13.5k for it. i can't remember exact price. insurance company gave me 21k for it.

Riprock
06/01/2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks for your response..... Gave me all the info I needed. At this point in the game I have to sell it as is. Just want to be fair with the price I list it at... If I had the money for an engine, I would totally go that route. Thanks again

Not sure what your question is. :)

I think if you're gonna sell it outright, you should replace the engine first. With a busted engine, most people will take the average 1999 price and subtract cost of a new engine and subtract another 1000 for getting the car around and the headache to them. With the engine, you can get top dollar, because it's effectively got 0 miles and none of the 1999 engine issues.

If you're selling it without the engine, expect to get about 5-7k for it. With a new engine, maybe as much as 11 or 12k?

This is my opinion, of course, and isn't based upon any experience or knowledge of the true statistics. It just makes sense to me.

Riprock
06/01/2005, 01:12 PM
Unfortunatlly for me fixing it is starting to look like less of an option. I have been in contact with a couple dealers who have located used engines for around $4,000, but when you add the cost of putting it in..... ouch. My email address is vkross96@aol.com if you have any questions... It is easier for me to respond via my email @ work.

Riprock - not sure when the in-service date was (a lot of these sat for a while on dealer's lots), or what the mileage is. I believe that you, not being the original owner, have 60,000 miles or 5 yrs powertrain warranty. This is true for a 2000 or 2001 - not sure about the 99's though - check your manual, you have half the original warranty. If you do decide to sell it without fixing it - I would be interested, 502-905-9444.