PDA

View Full Version : windsheild on my vx

mushyboy67
05/30/2005, 12:24 PM
hi american people wondered if any of you guys could help. i have the 1997 japenese version vx all silver.i need a new windsheild but to get one from japan would cost me just under 3000 dollars but in the us (st charles autos) would only cost around 750 dollars but the big question is are both models the same in every way ,i know that the us engine is 3.5 ours is 3.2 but what about the rest

tomdietrying
05/30/2005, 01:29 PM
$750 for a new windshield?!?! I would get an off brand. Do not get an Isuzu windshield. It cost too much. The money you save, about $500, get it shipped to your home and buy something nice for your VX.

Check out these places for something nice for your VX www.tonemonday.com or http://vehicrossconcepts.homestead.com/VXConcepts.html
Peace and Good Luck

Tom

p.s.
the specs for the Japanese VX and the one shipped here are the same.

mushyboy67
05/30/2005, 03:46 PM
have you got an address for the off brand please

ameetw
05/30/2005, 04:26 PM
mushyboy67, Where are you from? Which country? Thrn you can find out the shipping cost.

tomdietrying
05/30/2005, 04:29 PM
There are different grades of glass. Go to a window replacement company and ask them about replacing your windshield. Ask them which brand is the most expensive and which ones is the least. Ask them about the pluses and minuses of both and make your decision.

I suspect the more expensive winshields are less likely to get chipped by a rock.

Just remember there are other options out there.

Peace.
Tom

mushyboy67
05/31/2005, 10:11 AM
sorry for not saying,i live in the uk

tomdietrying
05/31/2005, 04:28 PM
mushyboy67,
Where do the locals go to get a windshield repaired or replaced? I'm sure it's the same as the states.

Go to the Yellow Pages, or something that businesses advertise in, and look up GLASS. You will find all kinds of auto glass replacement business in there.

Hope this helps.

Peace.
Tom