PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Box

Bantan
03/25/2003, 12:13 PM
Hello All,
I replaced my headlight bulbs about a week ago, last night they blew out while I was flashing (low, high, low, high) someone to move out of the way. Since they are new (H4 80watt super brights) I guessed it may have been the fuse. So here are my Questions:
1. My fuse box labelling does not say anything about headlights. Does anyone know what the labelling for the headlights would be under?
2. I saw in a post somewhere that the fuse is rated at 10amps. Is there 1 for each headlight?
3. I checked them all, and replaced all the 10amp fuses even though they looked good(not broken) and still nothing. Is there another fuse box besides the one on the driver's side between the door & dash?

I would change the bulbs back to stock but this is a last resort since it takes me about an hour (big hands)got to move things out of the way. Plus I like the Super whites but don't want to keep replacing them that often.

Thanks,
Mercer

Tone
03/25/2003, 12:18 PM
Headlight fuses ARE under the hood in the larger fuse box - change the 2 10amp one to 15s and you’ll be fine - searching really works....
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=225&highlight=headlight+replacement

Bantan
03/25/2003, 12:50 PM
Thanks Tone,
Unfortunately I am at work now, I have the 15amp fuses, but can you point me to where exactly under the hood to find it/them so that I could look like I know what I am doing when I get home. When it comes to touching stuff on my VX I get scared cause I don't want to mess it up. Can anyone relate? I did read some post about about this subject but always thought that the fuse referred to, was located in the fuse box.
Duh me!

Bantan
03/25/2003, 12:58 PM
Never mind it was answered on the other site by CatmanV
http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/004112.html
So there is another fuse box in our VX in the engine compartment. just in case anyone else wants to know.
Thanks again

Bantan
03/26/2003, 01:56 PM
I can see again.
I don't know what I would do without you Guys/Gals!
Now I can go back to flashing people to get out of the 3rd lane A.K.A. VX Lane.;Db;