PDA

View Full Version : Colorado 'Zu 2005

Moncha
05/26/2005, 04:58 PM
It has been announced! Colorado 'Zu will take place the last week in July(28/31) 2005 and will be hosted in Beuna Vista, CO.. One of the most beautiful places on earth. There will be trails available that will take you to some of the coolest areas with the best views.

Here's the link to the original post on the Wire (http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=732095&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

There will bemore to follow as time nears and as fait has it, this year it falls partly on my days off!!! I'll be there!!! I just love being able to trudge around in my old stomping grounds!!

Hope to see ya there as well.

Moncha
05/26/2005, 05:53 PM
In late July, can't guarantee 'cooler' weather, at least during the day.. Should be fun though.. No hotels/motels this time... TENTS!!!! I'm stoked again!!

tomdietrying
05/26/2005, 06:04 PM
My Dad and I are doing a Colorado/ Utah trip July 30-August 6th. Maybe we can meet up with yall on July 31st. I'll check into it.
Peace.
Tom

Moncha
07/12/2005, 10:11 AM
With the situation at work (Huge forest fire in our county) and on the homefront (Mom's stroke), my commitments have changed a little. I'm still trying to get the time off to go to this at least one day, hopefully.
Those in the area should really try and go, especially if you have never been to the Buena Vista area. It's absolutely georgous! The group hosting this is a wonderful group and it is going to be a blast!

Hope to see ya all there.

driver3
07/18/2005, 11:18 AM
My head must have been in the sand.. this would be right up my alley. However I will be in Denver for a conference (Agile 2005) and will have to stay until friday afternoon, after which I will make every effort to get there. A friend of mine was looking for a 4x4 recently and ended up with an amigo so I will be trying to get him to go Thursday night. This sounds great, I was just in buena vista yesterday, climbed Mt. Princeton... did harvard about a month and a half ago. So anyway, thanks pbkid, I wouldn't have known about it. see here -> http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7168

Ok... I'm going to sign the counter thread as soon as I know my specific times etc... Later everyone

It's been since moab V I think... whew

MSHardeman
07/18/2005, 01:17 PM
Moncha,
I thought that I was going to find a VX by the Colorado 'Zu time, but things seem to be dragging out longer than I would like. I plan on getting a VX in the next month, or so, so when I finally become part of the family, I'll contact all of you guys near Denver and maybe we can do a weekend get together.

biju
07/18/2005, 08:43 PM
re: CO ZU,

I'm sad to say I'm out. After Moab I was really excited to get back out there and take the VX where she performs best!

I've recently been notified that my job has been outsourced to Brazil. IBM's doing a lot of that these days, and a lot of people here in Boulder were affected, and still are...

Just gotta keep next years Moab ZuZoo on my radar.

-biju.

MSHardeman
07/20/2005, 10:26 AM
I may have lied earlier. Now the new VX looks like it's going to go through. I'm planning to go pick it up in Ohio on July 28th, so if I time it right I should be able to meet you guys in Buena Vista on Saturday, July 30th. I'll probably just stay for the day, and then drive back home to Basalt that evening.
I can't wait to meet everyone.

Oh. Does anyone know where to find directions to the meet?

Thanks

Todd Adams
07/20/2005, 01:10 PM
click here for all the info
http://www.trailseeker.com/4x4/coloradozu/VII/index.htm

Tell everyone hi. Would be there but I will be in Cedar City guiding Linda on her lid at UROC .
Todd

driver3
07/21/2005, 06:35 AM
Where in Ohio? I bet I could get someone to drive it out for you... I'm from there...