PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Caravan - ZuZoo IX 2006

Joe_Black
05/25/2005, 07:35 AM
Okay, I've just got to go 2006! Been putting it off and putting it off, and believe next year is the year.

So how many are seriously interested in forming a dedicated caravan from the Southeast to Moab? There are a couple potential routes depending on who wants to participate and join up from states along the way, but if the interest is truly there then I can work that all out and provide the logistical info and organize it on a web page.

Post your interest and suggestions in this thread and perhaps we can make ZuZoo 2006 an even bigger VX meet! :yesg:

Triathlete
05/25/2005, 10:03 AM
You will not be sorry! Unless you miss it. It is well worth the time to make the trip. I had a blast! There were people there from as far caway as North Carolina and Massachusetts! Come on and join in the fun!

Moncha
05/25/2005, 11:17 AM
To get the fever going early this year I've already made a section for 'ZuZooXI and move this thread into it and placed a poll to help a little. I also put it on the calendar both for the VX only run and the actual event. See ya there is not sooner!!

Don't forget about ColoradoZu coming in August!

dkmiller68
05/25/2005, 11:55 AM
Joe,
I was thinking the same thought...a southeast caravan. Then I thought how sometimes I stop and motel it at 8PM and sometimes 11 PM and sometimes I stop for ice cream and sometimes I drink too much coffee and have to stop and sometimes I go the speed limit and sometimes I don't and so on and so forth...it may be difficult, but I'm game. Don

Joe_Black
05/25/2005, 05:27 PM
Good points Don, but I think once a group gets into a groove the stops should work out for everyone. A lot of folks will probably have spouses or kids along, so the progress wouldn't be as marathon as typical for solo "men-folk". LOL!

I just drove my antique semi back from Kansas and made it in a little over three days to central Florida. And that was with three repair stops and only driving during the day. Of course, with 160 gallons of diesel I didn't have to stop unless I really had to stop.

With consistent road time I feel 3 days from Florida is reasonable. Most mapping sites have us shooting through Atlanta on 75 to eventually get to 70, which I just drove from south Jersey to Kansas. Lots of places to grab a good nights rest and scenic farmland.

So for us this looks like a vacation, depending on the munchkin's school schedule as the only wild-card if there's any important testing going on around then. Otherwise it'll be a family adventure! Although we'll more than likely bring only one VX despite the temptation to take both. Then again, if I land a nice step-deck for my big rig...