PDA

View Full Version : Head Light Gasket

alleycat
05/25/2005, 03:27 AM
I have read several threads on re-installing gasket on headlight but nowhere has anyone commented on what POSITION on the the edge of the headlight the gasket has to begin and end. Once you take the gasket off you have to be a "Rocket Scientist" to try to figure the best position to start and end the gasket. Has anyone out there ever read this information or figured this out?

johnnyapollo
05/25/2005, 03:45 AM
It starts/ends in the center bottom of my headlights. Or are you referring to what edge to hug around the light?

-- John

alleycat
05/25/2005, 07:32 AM
John
Your answering my question when you say at."middle of bottom of headlight" . Thanks. The old gaskets were not installed that way. Maybe they were replaced. While I have you "on wire" JOhn, is new rubber supposed to lay on TOP of fender and UNDER the hood when you install headlight and hood is closed?? Thanks again for your comeback.
For whatever it is worth John the pictures of your truck on line is what really got me started with a Vehicross-and IT HAD TO BE YELLOW LIKE YOURS. Hopefully mine will look as good as yours when I'm through.
Thanks again,
ed

Moncha
05/25/2005, 10:17 AM
The rubber goes between the light housing and the fender and under the hood.

alleycat
05/25/2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the info Scott.

ed