PDA

View Full Version : New to site and have a vin question!

barb1948
05/22/2005, 10:13 AM
Glad to find this site. I own a 1999 VX -Silver-- vin # 0068. It was my daughter;s car, but she didn't like its, it's mine now. I think it's one the earlier ones to be sold... does the #0068 vin # mean the 68th one made?

I have lots of questions about the VX, and hope you guys can help me (are you mostly guys?) ----I also own a signed print by Jesse Alexander ...... Hope I put this on the correct thread. thanks Barbara

>>> Edit from another thread

SInce I was the one of the frist 500 people to buy the Isuzu --1999 Silver-- I was sent a photograph signed by Jesse Alexander -- world famous photog of automobiles. There are only 500 and my is 121/500. Does anyone else have one? Also have the oringinal promotional booklet--kind of an oblong color booklet... interested--Barbara

Moncha
05/24/2005, 02:06 PM
Glad you found the site Barb, The 0068 does in fact mean your's was the 68th VX made in 1999.. Keep the Alexander print as they are signed and are rare, I've heard dealers just tossed most of them once the VX stopped production.
I'm lucky enough to have 2 of them myself in unopened boxes one of which will be used in an upcoming contest for the site.
Welcome and I hope we can help you.. Guys is really such a null term now days, don't worry about gender. ;)

dog
05/24/2005, 02:46 PM
Hi barb1948,

Welcome to the site. I have two prized items born in 1948 (is that what the 1948 means?). A 48 Willys Jeepster and my wife. The car doesn't work but the wife still does. :) :)

FWIW: When I started looking at the VX it was for my wife. She liked it but could not get used to the poor visability. Her commute is downtown via the exxpressway on a daily basis. So, I kept the VX and she took my Jeep. Both of us are happy.

VXcaver
05/24/2005, 02:53 PM
Just curious - what's the significance of the Jesse Alexander print?

Moncha
05/24/2005, 03:16 PM
Isuzu, commissioned Alexander, a famous automotive photo artist, to create a special photograph portraying the VX, of course, there were a very limited prodution of the prints. Each were signed and numbered and distrubuted to dealerships. The two remaining ones in the Isuzu warehouse were gifted to me by Isuzu's marketing department as well as an assortment of final left over items including a lifesized Joe Isuzu.

barb1948
05/24/2005, 04:38 PM
MAybe you can help me: I have to sell our VX . My daughter needs a car to drive back and forth to school, and the VX is becoming unaffordale. The gas and cost of repairs are just too much. As wonderful as it has been to own, we need to sell it.

The cari s is very good shape --has the beautiful black and red seats (what are they called?)....... Been to Edmonds to check resale price, but it's so unique, I'm not sure that's the way to go. Any help with how to start? Car is in the LA area. 1999 Silver... I have to check the milage.

barb1948
05/24/2005, 04:44 PM
can you tell me a way to post my question about selling my VX so all can see? DO I need to start a new thread, and how does one do this.....

Moncha
05/24/2005, 04:59 PM
To keep the subject matter of threads on track you try and limit the subject to one thing.. I edited your first post above with the other post (Alexander) from the intro thread as I don't what a bunch of off topic stuff in that to make it messy.
I forgot about the First 500 buyers supposedly getting a print as the dealers were jerks and kept most of them for themselves and/or Isuzu fell short of the deal and didn't follow up.

If you are interested in selling your VX, make a detailed post in the For Sale (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34) forum, then click on the New Thread Button in the upper left corner.

You can also find the specific formus under the forums link.

SGT.BATGUANO
05/24/2005, 10:31 PM
There's a pic of the JA print in my gallery, if anyone's interested