PDA

View Full Version : OT dvd copy?

zadam123
05/20/2005, 04:56 PM
I have the avic n1 player in my vx which i love, the new avic n2 system came out and i bought a dvd rom from pioneer that converts the avic n1 into the avic n2. THis cd was $300 and i am affraid that i will ruin it or my son will ruin it, so i want to make a copy of it but i dont know any programs that will do this, i am not sure if it is protected or not but i am pretty sure its a dual layer since theres like over 6 gig on the dvd itself.

Anyone know a program that will copy this?

thanks

adam

MZ-N10
05/20/2005, 06:14 PM
i use "dvd clone" and "any dvd" to burn videos....but tats to single layer and in video format

zadam123
05/21/2005, 02:22 PM
:( yeh i found a bounch of those but nothing that burns programs or dual layer

hump
05/21/2005, 09:08 PM
Go to afterdawn.com download dvd shrink.That should do the job.

Hotsauce
05/22/2005, 03:57 AM
if pioneer is like they've been to me they'll send you a new version every 6 months.

John C.

psychos2
05/22/2005, 07:45 PM
the easiest way would be to use a dual layer burner and a dual layer disc.do you know anyone with a dual layer burner? Nero will burn a dvd-rom and will burn dual layer. shawn

gruven
05/22/2005, 07:52 PM
Roxio Popcorn will do what you are asking for. Have had good luck with LaCie & Plextor D/L burners. Note that media is not cheap so coasters will be a bummer.

-gruven

zadam123
05/23/2005, 06:58 AM
I have both a dual layer dvd and burner and even tried nero but says cant copy, guess its protected somehow. as for them sending me updates, i didnt buy the dvd from pioneer so they are still sending me updates for the avic n1 so its kinda important to get this copied.

also anyone interisted in getting the update cd for this be warned you cant bypass the protection for watching dvds while driving, not to say thats what i do but i did have the rear view camera hooked up to be full view and that dont work anymore either, have to have it on split screen with the nav.

adam

psychos2
05/23/2005, 10:23 AM
try using any dvd. here is a link. it runs in the background and makes the recorder think it is not copyrighted. free trial for 21 days. shawn

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html