PDA

View Full Version : Blistered Wheels not Covered - Need Ammunition

VR4-Quest
03/24/2003, 11:17 AM
OK, took my 01 VX to my local dealer to have the dealer warranty rep look at my blistered wheels on the back side (all 4) and the crack near the horizontal seem on my hood insert.
He admited not knowing alot of the things to look for, that are and arent covered, etc since the dealer just took over Isuzu, so he called the local Isuzu warranty rep and got the following response (I currently have 24,000 miles):
Hood insert: no problem, its cover, ordering in a replacement. Good news.

Wheels: not covered, they are only covered for 12 months / 12,000 miles to the original owner.

Unfortunatley, I am the second owner (just bought it) knowing the wheels where bad, but was certain they would be covered since its an obvious defect.

I've read all the old posts, some had theirs replaced after 12,000 miles. IS this in writing anywhere, what info / proof can I use to ge these defective wheels replaced, since obviously its beed done on cars with more mileage than 12,000. Should I try another dealer? Does my Isuzu "wrap" extended warranty help at all?

Need some help please!

Mike
01 VX

VX crazy
03/24/2003, 01:20 PM
I have mine on order, with 17,000 miles. They told me that would be covered under the 50,000 min. warranty. And I go to the WORST dealership because they are the only one in Austin. Not sure about the second owner thingy though.