PDA

View Full Version : Moab ready!

Triathlete
05/07/2005, 08:45 PM
Changed the oil and filter, pcv valve and cleaned the EGR today in prep for Moab. This is the first time cleaning the egr and replacing the pcv. The engine "seems" to idle and accelerate smoother!
I have a few things to pick up next weekend and I have to switch out my tires then I am set!

Moncha
05/07/2005, 09:00 PM
Me too! A couple more coats of wax and another good undercarriage scrubbing and I'll be all done!

Triathlete
05/07/2005, 09:15 PM
I MIGHT rinse the bugs off mine. Not going to clean it too much just to get it dirty again! ;eeky; ;Dy; :bomb:

Thats the nice thing about the VX....they even look good dirty!
However, if you want to swing by my place and do a little clean up I will have a nice cold soda standing by for you! :naughty:

Moncha
05/07/2005, 09:26 PM
Soda NO, Beer! :dance:

I usually drive everyone crazy as I head straight to the car wash right after getting off the trail.

Triathlete
05/07/2005, 10:12 PM
Yes I have heard many stories about your ILLNESS! If a beer will get you here to wash my VX I will have one in the frig...name your brand! :flower: But be forewarned...mine hasn't seen a GOOD cleaning since the car show last year!
http://pstr-d01.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/00C/6A/08/19/9A/W3QynMn1-HGPBlUVpRInXGSnzGxYgnf10300.jpg
Thats mine on the right ...next to VCamilo's!

SPAZZ
05/07/2005, 10:57 PM
Triathlete, If you have room at your camp sight at portal for another tent for Shannon and I we would greatly appreciate it??? I have pm'd you but have not heard anything back???

Green Dragon
05/08/2005, 06:20 AM
First off Spazz- Good news If you guys are coming. Second, got my rebuilt SC back from Florida yesterday noon ($490). Spent the afternoon reinstalling, hard tedious work for only two hands. Bottom line is have a leak at plenum where EGR tube attaches. used plumbers tape as a quick fix & VX runs strong. Sure could tell mine was the prototype SC install, nuff said about that.Will finish it off this AM. Already had replaced the Extra heavy steel skid plate with one made of UHMW (BreadBoard). Lost 150 lbs in weight & regained an inch of clearance.
Moncha: I wouldn't worry to much about washing your Proton if you are going to attempt Hells Gate. Chances are it will be a parts car before you get 3/4 the way up. I believe all the extra weight in the rear of the Dragon kept it from going over backwards like the jeep (Tracy Roll Video)

http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/sportbar/roll-4.htm

Triathlete
05/08/2005, 11:16 AM
Spazz, I think we could put an extra tent there! Don't know how big the spots are but we only have one tent. I will be arriving Monday night. I will PM you my cell#. We will just have to let the guys at Portal know so they will be expecting you.

Moncha
05/08/2005, 02:32 PM
Moncha: I wouldn't worry to much about washing your Proton if you are going to attempt Hells Gate. Chances are it will be a parts car before you get 3/4 the way up. I believe all the extra weight in the rear of the Dragon kept it from going over backwards like the jeep (Tracy Roll Video)

Naw, I won't do the second part, just the first part again like last year.. I don't want to scrape the wheels up ;)