PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Park

Lashsquat
05/07/2005, 07:16 PM
Hi Guys,
love my vehicross and glad to find others that feel the same....
i read the post about trying to fix the cd player jamed and followed the instructions of disconnecting the neg cable and pressing the eject botton and cut key on, press brake pedal,well it did not work for my cd player but the worse part is now my vehicross is stuck in park ! i thought i probably blew a fuse but i check ever fuse under the hood and inside driver door, any help would be great,

Triathlete
05/07/2005, 08:13 PM
Are you parked on a hill? If you don't use the E Brake on a hill this can happen. Also could be the brake not depressed enough...you can not shift out of park unless the brake is depressed. You may try and do a search. If I remember correctly there was another thread here on this same subject. Good luck and welcome to this addiction!

Moncha
05/07/2005, 08:26 PM
Here's the latest one (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=6370&highlight=stuck+park) but, he never posted a follow up

Lashsquat
05/07/2005, 08:26 PM
thanks for the reply and look forward to reading all the great infomation on this site,..im not on a hill @ all,and im pressing the brake hard!lol..it has to be something blown or messed up when i was unhooking the cables never had any problems with this before...

thebear54
05/08/2005, 03:33 AM
Had this happen once (not on the VX) but the shift safety switch behind the brake pedal finally gave up the ghost. I simply had to replace the switch and it was all good....It's the small stuff that drives you NUTZ!
John

SGT.BATGUANO
05/08/2005, 10:08 PM
Or pull the console and circumvent the shiftlock, if you're in a bind.

Tone
05/09/2005, 07:39 AM
The VX uses a cable from the brake pedal to the mechanical interlock switch by the shifter. If any work has been done under the dash, it is likely the cable was kinked or moved to where it will not move properly.

Lashsquat
05/09/2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks for all the ideas! i followed up with all of them to no answer,the only thing i have not done is replace the neutual saftey switch,"Tone" the brake line/cable had not been moved or work on so i think its ok,...i would guess i burnt/blew.. the switch when i was tighting the pos cable on the battery, it was lose and came on and off a few times, i got my mechanic to take a look @ it tomorrow ,will do a follow up post when he figures it out. @ ant rate it did not fix the CD player!lol..so i am guessing its time to get a really good one!..by the way any of you guys near the western North Carolina Mts?

Tone
05/09/2005, 03:54 PM
Did you try moving the cable....? Take off the shifter console and it probably just needs adjusting.

Lashsquat
05/09/2005, 04:28 PM
Yes,i jiggile it and pulled on it a little,enough i thought i might mess it up if it wasn't already,followed it all the way under the console,you may be right,its one of the things he will check tomorrow,but to be honest,i had NO problems with this before i started to monkey around with the batery,what i did was forget to turn the key back off in the cd changer reseting process,so when i was putting on the battery cables it of course sent power on/off until i realized what i done and turn the key switch back off,..so the first thing that i checked was all the fuses...

Lashsquat
05/11/2005, 08:22 AM
Ok..stupid is is stupid does!!..seems i spilled a cup of coffee about a week aog and a lot of it soaked the synoid switch,.. clean it up and everything working good...thanks for all the advice and help!!

Tone
05/11/2005, 11:54 AM
I love these wild goose chases... :mad:

Moncha
05/11/2005, 12:07 PM
Ahh, yes but at least it was something simple and sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to figure.. Glad you got it fixed.