PDA

View Full Version : Tuscon/Phoenix lunch anyone???

VX crazy
05/05/2005, 06:57 AM
Tone and I will be passing through Tuscon, on our way to Moab, early friday afternoon 5/13 and would love to do lunch with anyone interested! Also we will be staying in Phoenix til sunday morning 5/14 if anyone would like to get together from Phoenix also!

VXcaver
05/05/2005, 07:51 AM
:coolo: Lunch with VX crazy and Tone! Couldn't pass that up!

I'll meet you in Tucson on Friday. Need any help picking a spot?

VX crazy
05/05/2005, 07:59 AM
Cool, you know whats around better than we do, so you can pick, something outside if the weather is nice! I will PM you with my cell number and you can PM with yours too..

Triathlete
05/05/2005, 12:54 PM
Let me know a time and place and I'll try my damdest to be there...Tucson that is! Bob has my number and can keep me abreast.

VX crazy
05/05/2005, 02:30 PM
Sounds like a plan in Tuscon! I will wait to hear from Bob for details...

VXcaver
05/05/2005, 10:01 PM
Sounds like a plan in Tuscon! I will wait to hear from Bob for details...

VXcrazy & Tone - I'll send you my office phone and cell. Do you want to stay near the freeway so you can jump back on after lunch, or do you have some time to hang out in Tucson? Billy... would location help you with your schedule? My favorite place is Gentle Bens near the UofA campus.

VX crazy
05/06/2005, 04:00 PM
Yes we will have time to burn, anywhere yall recommend is good with us. I am thinking the latest we would pull in would be like 1 - 1:30, is that going to be cool? And Kirk, you still in Scottsdale? Are you going to want to get together and/or are you coming to Moab?

Cant wait to meet new faces..

Triathlete
05/07/2005, 11:08 AM
1-1:30 would just allow me enough time for a quick bite. Earlier would be good for me. But like I said I try my best to be there! I'll make sure and hit the pool early in the morning :bwgy:

VX crazy
05/07/2005, 02:03 PM
How does later in the afternoon work for ya'll (maybe 3:30-4?) I may have underestimated the time/energy required to get from Hellpaso to Tuscon after driving late Thur nite. We'll certainly do what we reasonably can to speed it up.

Triathlete
05/07/2005, 08:30 PM
I work 2:00 - 10:00 PM! But don't get no speeding tickets or drive tired on my account. If I don't see you here I will see you in Moab! I am leaving here on the 16th for the trip. Should arrive there in the PM to set up camp!

VXcaver
05/07/2005, 09:49 PM
Just call me when you're an hour or so out of Tucson and I'll meet you. It takes me about 45 minutes to get to Tucson.

Two weeks ago I made the trip to Carlsbad NM and it seems like it took about 5 hours to get from Tucson to Hellpaso. But what a boring freeway! Way more fun to go to Roswell and see the UFO museum! :winkg:

Triathlete
05/07/2005, 10:03 PM
Bob, call my cell when you hear from them and hopefully I'll be able to join in!

VXcaver
05/09/2005, 07:40 AM
Call in sick and we'll go wheeling afterwards!

VX crazy
05/09/2005, 07:54 AM
That works great for us! Will call you when about an hour away, I anticipate not sleeping well in a hotel, so I am sure we should make it early enough to get up with Tri also, but just wanted to have a backup just in case.....

I am sooo ready to leave NOW....

MOAB MOAB MOAB MOAB

Triathlete
05/09/2005, 08:57 AM
Bob you know I'd love to burn some of the 550 hours of sick time I have on the books! But, I don't think it looks to good when i call in sick the day before my vacation starts! ;eeky; ;Dy;

VXcaver
05/12/2005, 07:59 AM
VXcrazy, Tone, Tri, anyone else in Tucson - A suggestion for lunch that might make it easier for Billy's schedule - Cafe Poca Cosa at the Clarion Hotel, 88 E. Broadway Blvd. It's east a few blocks off the Congress/Broadway I-10 exit. Good Mex food, easier to meet at than the other place I mentioned.

VX crazy
05/12/2005, 08:21 AM
alright I will get a map of that place too and when I call ya tomarrow just let me know which one is easier! I am sooo excited!

Triathlete
05/14/2005, 09:50 PM
Had a great lunch with Tone, VX Crazy, VXCaver, and myself at the Cafe Poca Cosa (great sugestion Bob). Was nice to meet the man behind the super charger and see Lisas awesome looking VX. Put the "offroad" tires/wheels on today and am now ready to venture off to Moab. See ya there!