PDA

View Full Version : Off the throttle the rpms drop big time

bigdogdeee
05/03/2005, 10:21 AM
Is this pretty common. I've owned a lot of vehicles and this is the first one i've noticed this on. As soon as I get off the throttle (gas) it seems like the VX really drops rpms. Like a lot more then any other vehicle i've owned. Is this common? Is this how the VX is made?

I've had it three weeks tomorrow, and i've not had great luck so far. A wheel bearing, a shock, the dreaded window, and I recently noticed I burned a quart of oil in about a thousand miles. SO far my dream vehicle has done nothing but make me extremely nervous. . . .

Moncha
05/03/2005, 01:55 PM
Without a little more explanation I can't answer on the RPM "problem" but, IMHO, the VX's engine does brake (Slow down) more than other vehicles I have driven. Like I said though, I'd have to have a little better understanding to what you mean.

Unfortunately, you do suffer from buying a used vehicle and you can almost count on things going "bad" as just from being driven differently can cause things to show up.

I've had my VX since day 1 and have had not one problem out side of a noisey t-case which was replaced under warranty and now a slightly slow passenger side window.. (I know DK, I need to fill out you poll and submit a complaint). Keep a check on things and once you get everything back to par, you'll be fine.

SGT.BATGUANO
05/04/2005, 12:44 AM
It's due to the high gearing ratio. 4.10 : 1