PDA

View Full Version : Preview of new site look!

Moncha
05/03/2005, 09:56 AM
Here's a little teaser.
Since the feature coding and tweaking of the site has been completed (Save for 1 left to figure), I've been working on the graphics side of the site. I'm done with the new header and almost done with the new styles.
Borrowing the Autotoons VX, so kindly provided by Cyrk, I took a lot of inspiration from him and came up with a concept of what the VX is to me. A blend of speed and performance able to be used in the city and off road. It's a simple header but, to me, says most of the idea. The info contained in the site says the rest.

A perk for contributing members will be the ability to change color themes. The basic structure of the site will remain the same. I've seen lots of cool sites with lots of graphics and neat borders kind of like the first version of VX.info but, the time and energy taken to upgrade and keep all of that straight plus keeping the site fast pretty much forced me into a decision of keeping the basic look simple.

One nice feature that will be implemented is the ability to "Collapse" a block, allowing you to decide what you want to look at. The collapse is held by cookies and will only reappear if the cookie is cleared or you click the button again.

Also, with the graphics change, the VX.info Gear Store will be re-opened with lots of cool items like t-shirts, sweat shirts, coffee mugs, license plate frames and more! Alot of the items will have multiple choices of logo styles including the ability to have your favorite VX color! So, be sure to show your club support!

I'm working hard and am planning on implementing the change the Sunday before 'ZuZoo starts (May 15, 2005).

Here's a couple of visual teasers!

thebear54
05/04/2005, 04:04 AM
Scott,
You weren't kidding about the teasing part....LOL
I clicked on the jpg. thumbnails and....Nothing

You are doing this on purpose right ;)
John

Moncha
05/04/2005, 07:56 AM
They are just jpg's.. you can right click (For windows) and save to your computer if needed. Sorry.. They work on my end and a friends iMac

thebear54
05/05/2005, 03:11 AM
That's got it Scott..... :p I can see, I can see
Looks great!
John