PDA

View Full Version : Wind noise at window

PBR
03/22/2003, 05:59 AM
Does anyone have windnoise at the drivers window at speeds above 60mph? If so what is the fix? thanks

skullcap
03/28/2003, 08:07 PM
I've experienced the same thing, I thought it might just come from the installation of my Weatrhershade. Have you got the in your windows?

I will say that the one on the passenger side doesn't admit air when the window is closed.

I have had my driver's side window jump track in the door.; I understand this is not an uncommon problem in the VX, but wonder if the air rushing in the corner isn't somehow related to the window-track fit.

phines
03/29/2003, 08:17 AM
Try rolling the window about half way up, then push the back part of the window down in to the door with your hand. It may move a lot and feel like it's popping back into the track. IF it does this, and you've already tried using the silicone spray, then the old track fix should take care of that noise for you: Window Fix (http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/002814.html)
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

skullcap
04/05/2003, 05:22 AM
The Service Dept at Horton Isuzu actualy found where the aftermarket weathershade, properly installed, was causing a slight-enough binding of the driver's side window to cause an offset.

The relocated the front-end of the weathershade, so moisture could seep in, but at least the binding effect has ceased.

I'll probably remove the weathershade and try shaving off a millimeter or two of the thickness in the plastic tab that sits along the outside ofn the channel. Then reintall according to the manufacturer's instructions.:cool:

Pam
04/05/2003, 12:55 PM
I seem to have the wind noise at about the same speed, but it seems to be coming from the small window behind the passenger window. I looked at the weatherstripping and it looks wavy, not tight like it does on the driver's side. I tried to push it in to straighten it out, but it doesn't seem to stay and the noise comes back. Does this sound like an expensive thing to fix?