PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me About The Sunroof

WESTO
04/30/2005, 06:56 PM
I'd Like To Get One Cut In My 1999 Vx Black
So Tell Me How Much It's Costing You So I Can Prepare The Wife For The Damage. Hope I Can Find
A Place In Raleigh Nc That Can Handle It.

technocoy
05/01/2005, 09:55 PM
and welcome to the boards.. i am in Raleigh as well and the place to go for webasto, etc is Audio Express on capital... i had a full power in roof quoted at i think 900.00... Haven't gotten it yet, but i blame that on the money being needed for more important things.. lol.

hope that helps,
technocoy

jstein
06/09/2005, 02:50 PM
Have you decided to take the plunge about the sunroof yet? If you haven't here are some words of wisdom:

See if anyone in the shop has done their own vehicle and pay close attention to the headliner. Almost any dolt can follow the instructions for installing a power moonroof but the quality of the new headliner is the real toss up from one shop to another. I had a Webasto power moonroof (the model that slides into the vehicle) installed on my girlfriend's Explorer Sport. The moonroof was awesome and huge. The shop did an excellent job on the outside but the headliner was horrible. It started to sag after only a couple of months and they blamed it on the Texas heat and did not stand behind it. My girlfriend didn't mind but everytime I got in her Explorer and saw it I was pissed off. When I got my Vehicross done I found a shop that would replace the headliner with suede and went with that based on some of the employees vehicles. I have never had a problem with the moonroof or the headliner and would recommend anybody to get theirs done at that shop. Prices were $1100 for the Explorer and $1250 for the Vehicross (with the suede liner).