PDA

View Full Version : window wont close all the way

Sheik-YurBooty
04/23/2005, 09:04 AM
the passanger side window will not close all the way up. All I hear is a clicking sound when I try to get it to close (all I need is about 1 inch more) What do I do! SOS.. its raining here in new york, please asap, thx BRUCE :confused: :confused: :confused:

Moncha
04/23/2005, 09:07 AM
Did you grab the front edge of the window as it was going up to assist?

Don't forget This (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=3)

DK
04/23/2005, 10:38 AM
the passanger side window will not close all the way up. All I hear is a clicking sound when I try to get it to close (all I need is about 1 inch more) What do I do! SOS.. its raining here in new york, please asap, thx BRUCE :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sounds like you're another victim of the Dreaded Window Failure. First thing you should do is file a complaint on line (check the poll section). Second, I have has some small success by squirting large quantities of silicone lub into the window tracks. My driver's side window completely failed and I had to have it repaired. Then, a couple of weeks ago, the passenger's side window began to jam a half inch or so from full closed. The silicone has, at least temporarily, fixed that problem and the window is closing all the way.

I'd give it a try before doing anything else. It's a cheap fix if it works.

Triathlete
04/23/2005, 12:28 PM
Do as Moncha said. Hold the front part of the window and pull up and back as you close the window. This will keep it on track and allow it to close. Just make sure to get your fingers out of the way so you don't lose 'em! :bwgy: ;Dy; :rolly:
And then fill out the online complaint!

Anita
04/23/2005, 03:09 PM
Hopefully you have not broken the plastic tab that is affixed to the bottom of the glass. What you describe is similar to what happened to me in that as the window took more and more effort to close and it began to get off the track, I eventually broke the tab in continuing to use the window. If that happens... a new glass may be needed, as well as a regulator if it goes bad.