PDA

View Full Version : 60k mile maintenance?

Cyn
04/22/2005, 05:44 PM
Is $750.00 the going rate for the 60k mile maintenance on a vx.
I got that quote from Pugmire Isuzu this morning, is there anyone out there that knows of any other place I can take my vx to that will do a great job and be any less in Atlanta???? If not than I will just dish out the $750.00. Any help would be appreciated...I heard of a place off Buford Highway that works on Isuzu also, but not sure who they are.

Help,
Cyndi

geshaw30
04/22/2005, 06:52 PM
Cyndi-
That's about right. I had mine done a few months back along with the bearings repacked. Click the link for a break down.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=6319
________
New Jersey Dispensaries (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

Tone
04/22/2005, 11:06 PM
Don't forget to have the tranny filter changed - that is NEVER included in the quotes they give but is so very important - flush is good but no substitute for a proper filter replacement. Wheel bearings and tranny/tod would be the biggest concern to address as soon as you can. The other stuff can wait until the money is right.

Cyn
04/23/2005, 11:41 AM
Hey guys...
I found this place in the yellow pages:

ISUZU REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE BY DMA AUTOMOTIVE
3568 BUFORD HWY, DULUTH, GA 30096
Phone: (770) 495-7881

I called and they gave me a quote on the 60k service of $499.99 (and it DOSE include the wheel bearings work)

my xv has 75k on it so I was thinking of replacing timing belt as well, that will be an added $324.00, so in reality it will be $824.00 for the 90k service (that is all the 60k service plus replace timing belt. They sounded like they enjoy working on vx's, so I was wondering if anyone out there has used them before.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Cyndi :)

dkmiller68
04/23/2005, 12:19 PM
Never used them...good to know they're there. Also, as mentioned before, it doesn't hurt to spend some money at the dealer, because, should you have a warrantee claim, they may be more willing to 'go to bat' for you with the manufacturer.

johnnyapollo
04/23/2005, 08:33 PM
Hey Cyn,

I think I called them once to see if they'd be interested in the supercharger install - they seemed ok on the phone but I don't know anyone else who has used them. Horton Isuzu (no longer a dealer but the Horton service guys are still there) on Peachtree Industrial (inside the perimeter) does a good job. They aren't "dealership" mechanics, you should call them and see what they'll do for you and at what price. I'm at 56K right now and will be joining you soon for the 60K.

-- John

dkmiller68
04/24/2005, 06:19 PM
Since synthetic motor oil lasts so much longer...how about the synthetic transmission fluid? I did the Royal Purple tranny fluid last time...can I safetly skip a drain and refill?

VX crazy
04/25/2005, 09:08 PM
Filter is probably a bigger concern if it has never been done - I've asked several tranny shops about our long change intervals for the filter and they just cringe and smile...

Synthetic is better but I still change at regular intervals. Also, if when you went synthetic, make sure it was a flush and fill so that you have 100% synthetic - a drain and fill is only about 4 qts.

mrtew
09/24/2005, 09:48 PM
I just paid $550 for my 60K service and found out AFTER they were done that they didn't do or recommend the bearing repack!!! And I even gave them the bearing seals that I never used at 30K so they knew I was expecting it. I am dismayed and angry and wonder if I should complain and demand money back or the work to be done or just go somewhere else. Or just forget about it and get new bearings if they ever go bad. Why can't taking the car to the dealer EVER be a good experience??? How much is the 60K service with and without the bearings supposed to cost? Grrrrrrrrrr

Capri
09/24/2005, 11:11 PM
where in Detroit did you go? I'm trying to find a reputable mechanics in the area, so my list of places to avoid can certainly include yours - haven't liked Midas's service, the dealership won't touch the supercharger...so on and so forth :o

mrtew
09/25/2005, 06:36 AM
I went to the Dealer on 12 mile in Warren. I wouldn't go there except that I was going to try to get my headlights replaced under warranty before it ran out at 60,000 miles. (tip for others... it's 50,000!). There is a great shop much nearer to you that I would recommend called Berkley Professional Auto Repair on the north side of 12mile between Coolidge and Greenfield. They've even surprised me by coming in under their estimate and doing extra stuff they found needed for free! Why oh why didn't I go there!

WormGod
10/10/2005, 01:40 PM
I just got my VX back from the shop Friday for a 30k maintenence. It's not a dealer but they have a pretty good rep around here as far as automotive work goes. When I picked it up, they had a few questions about some things on the 30k list that they wanted to ask me about first.

Tranny flush
Transfer case flush
Repacking bearings

They didnt do any of it since they werent sure if I did it regularly on my own. I never messed with any of the fluids (shame on me!) so I rescheduled to have that done this Thurs. They mentioned the sealed bearings and I responded with a Yes and No. Yes, they are sealed, but No, not so much that you can;t repack them. They said when they pulled it up on the computer that Isuzu basically states that since they are sealed, no maintenence needs to be done. So, regardless, I am having them do that as well. I told them that I could print out some info for them if need be and they agreed that it wouldnt harm anything if I did, just for some reference, since Isuzu clearly has nothing to offer in the maintenence database.

So, this question arises.... is that info on PlanetISUZU about repacking front bearings gonna be of any help sonsidering it states its for an Amigo? I personally dont know the difference.