PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Question ???

psychos2
04/17/2005, 04:52 PM
are our mirrors the same as any other models? i need a passenger side mirror or the glass.has anyone changed the glass? thanks shawn

thebear54
04/17/2005, 07:21 PM
Shawn,
Check out E-Bay...there is a guy selling replacement glass for the VX mirrors.
Could not begin to tell you how to replace the glass but should be pretty simple to figure out when you pull the old one out(if I am not mistaken they are just glued on to the pivot frame inside the housing)
John

Raque Thomas
04/18/2005, 12:23 PM
Rodeos are very similar, but different enough that they will not fit. To replace the glass, you have to heat the black plastic piece that surrounds the glass with a heat gun (CAREFUL not to melt!), and pry around the outside edges with a plastic instrument. The mirror is held on by a sticky substance, which you will need to replace and heat again to put the glass back in. Pretty tough to get it back in tough! Hope this helps!

TDAWG
04/19/2005, 10:23 AM
the mirrors and housing are the same as every other isuzu from 94 to present. The only difference is the part of the housing that goes connected to the door. On the VX it is smaller than all the others. If you remove the bolts that hold it together you can swap them out for new ones. I am going to try and get them and down a full write up soon. I'm replacing mine with the chrome ones from a 94 isuzu amigo. Just to let you know the cost of the chrome ones are about 275 to 450 depanding on where you get them from.

Navigator
04/19/2005, 10:43 AM
are our mirrors the same as any other models? i need a passenger side mirror or the glass.has anyone changed the glass? thanks shawn

To change the glass all you need to do is firmly pull up on the lower edge of the glass and the mirror will begin to rotate out of the housing. Be carefull, there will be a thin pair of wires attaching to the back of the glass for the heater element.

Raque Thomas
04/19/2005, 01:21 PM
the mirrors and housing are the same as every other isuzu from 94 to present. The only difference is the part of the housing that goes connected to the door. On the VX it is smaller than all the others. If you remove the bolts that hold it together you can swap them out for new ones. I am going to try and get them and down a full write up soon. I'm replacing mine with the chrome ones from a 94 isuzu amigo. Just to let you know the cost of the chrome ones are about 275 to 450 depanding on where you get them from.
Tony,
Although they look identical - they are not. I bought a pair of chrome Rodeo housings, and trust me, they are a slightly different shape. Not so much that you can tell it until you go to put it together with the stock VX parts. The company that makes the Rodeo mirror is in the US - the VX mirrors were TOOLED and made in Japan - one did not consort with the other, so the interios parts are all different as well - the VX mirrors will not even bolt onto the mounts of the Rodeo mount without EXTENSIVE modification. Trust me - I had it done!

As far as the other comment about removing the glass - that will remove the glass AND the holder, you still have to remove the glass (and reinstall) into the holder/retainer, which completely encases the sides and back of the glass. You may be able to buy the glass, but I doubt this piece can be purchased. Just my $.02 from someone who has been there and done that...