PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Thailand

shoota77
04/14/2005, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone,
Sitting at a internet hotspot in bangkok, paid about 75 cents US for an hour, and supposedly that's high for here. anyway, sure is nice here though very, very hot. haven't seen a VX yet...but i'm thinking of selling mine and picking up a tuk-tuk or two anyway. :p take care (anyone want some DVDs? let me know and i'll see what I can do...as long as its legal)!

-L

Anita
04/14/2005, 11:43 PM
you lucky guy!

I loved my visit to thailand - friendly people, great food (except the durian- ugh) and beautiful surroundings.

If you see an cigarette lighters shaped as an alligator, I'm looking for a couple for my friend. I think I bought mine around the Patpong district... ;)

wekilled
04/14/2005, 11:45 PM
I know how it is, but since you offered (I used to do the same when I lived in Korea when I went to the electronics Market in Seoul) If you are already hunting through the stacks and come across any:

-Mr. Show, any seasons
-Ghost in the Shell (any, I, II or series)
-Space, Above & Beyond series

When you get home hit Kaladi Bros Coffee for me! (Used to live in Fairbanks before I joined the Army) I still miss the Solstice parties.

shoota77
04/15/2005, 07:25 AM
I saw so many lighters today, i'm sure i can hunt down a few aligator ones...i'll hit up the MBK center again tomorrow to look for those dvds, and ill be sure to visit a kaladi when i get home. off to khoa san road to meet some other travellers...gnight!

kpaske
04/15/2005, 05:16 PM
Thailand is great. I'm not a big fan of Bangkok, but I really enjoy Chiang Mai and some of the islands in the south. I'll be making my 5th trip in August. ;Db;

Anita
04/17/2005, 06:22 PM
I went to Thailand with a number a diplomat types - I was asked to sing at various schools and universities from Bangkok and south to the islands. I had a wonderful time with my Thai hosts especially in the cities of Petburi and Ratburi where we took in the floating markets. LOVE Monkut fruit! We also went to a pottery factory and watched lovely pieces hand-painted by orange-robed monks. So much to see and do there. I cant wait to travel there once again. :)

I bought a couple of lighters, the shape of an alligator with the flame coming from its mouth when you snapped a foreleg back. Loved that lighter which I have since lost. If you can please get me 2 or 3, I will happily pay you!