PDA

View Full Version : The Power Of Protest

DK
04/14/2005, 03:14 PM
Just heard on the radio that one of the major car companies has just issued a recall to fix a problem on one of their SUV lines after TWO DOZEN COMPLAINTS.

So gang, I hate to sound like I'm flogging a dead horse but if you haven't filed your DOT on line complaint re the VX Window Problem, get thee to the poll section of this site and file, file, file.

If a recall can be brought about by two dozen complaints, we may have a decent chance to force Isuzu to stand up and take responsibility for their design flaw.

DK

kpaske
04/14/2005, 06:01 PM
According to the latest poll, we've submitted two dozen complaints... maybe it was the VX that was recalled?? <Wishful thinking> ;Db;

DK
04/14/2005, 07:39 PM
... maybe it was the VX that was recalled?? ;Db;

Nah, it was Toyota I think. Def not Isuzu.

psychos2
04/15/2005, 02:26 PM
looks to be Kia .has a date of 3/31/2005 for recall. shawn

2005 Kia Sportage Recalls
2005 KIA SPORTAGE SUSPENSION:AUTOMATIC STABILITY CONTROL (ASC)
Summary:
ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP), THE YAW RATE SENSOR MAY BECOME TOO SENSITIVE AND MAY RECALIBRATE INACCURATELY. WHILE DRIVING THE ESP PROGRAM MAY CAUSE THE ENGINE TO REDUCE POWER AND MAY CAUSE A BRAKE AT ONE OF THE WHEELS TO BE INAPPROPRIATELY.
Consequence:
BRAKE APPLICATION CAUSED BY INADVERTENT ESP ACTIVATION MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF CONTROL AND A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE ESP HYDRAULIC ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON APRIL 30, 2005. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT KIA AT 1-800-333-4542.
Notes:
KIA MOTORS AMERICA, INC. SC-044

Offroad vx
04/15/2005, 03:15 PM
Unfortunetly most recalls are for safety factors so we all need to say we are getting our heads stuck in the window or something to that effect to get a better chance for a recall!

kpaske
04/15/2005, 05:08 PM
Offroad -

I think you're right. I do wish we could twist it into a potential safety issue, but I can't think of anything believable...