PDA

View Full Version : Spare key and Alarm??

Panther_Black_VX
04/11/2005, 06:28 AM
Hey peeps!
Long time no post... Sorry. life got in the way...

Hey, someone needs to move my VX, but all they have is the spare key without the key alarm. How can they open the car without the alarm going off? Or if it does, how can they stop it from sounding??

Any quick help suggestions are welcome...

V-Twin hiCROSS
04/11/2005, 06:38 AM
If I am not mistaken, once you put the key in and turn it, the alarm will shut off. Hope that helps.

jimbo
04/11/2005, 07:29 AM
I just went out to my drive way and tested this.

Unlocking the door with just the key, then opening it, sets the alarm off for sure.

Putting the key in the ignition DOES NOT stop it. I didn't get as far as trying to turn the key, the horn is so loud and I didn't want to wake my neighbors up!

P.S. Now I tried it and turned the ignition, no go. I can't see any way to turn the alarm off except with the keyfob.

nater
04/11/2005, 08:13 AM
With all doors closed, try turning the key from "Off" to "On" three times. (I'm not sure if this works).

Nate

Panther_Black_VX
04/11/2005, 08:46 AM
Thank you all! And you are all right, the alarm is really loud and doesn't stop when turn the key... Had to rush back and move the car myself..

My apologizes to your neighbors.... :p Thanks again!

WyrreJ
04/11/2005, 09:00 AM
If they are spry enough, they could enter and exit through the rear since it is not alarmed. I don't know what happens if you try to turn the ignition while the alarm is armed, but I'd give it at least even odds that it will work ok since our alarm is so weak anyway.

Just remember to exit through the rear and not the driver's door when they are done.