PDA

View Full Version : hotshots

Amack76
03/18/2003, 06:10 AM
can anyone tell me where i can get the hot shots air intake, because i went to the website and it said they don't manufacture it. and i see a couple of you have it and don't like to respond to my pms so maybe this will yield better results, oh yea and if you know..........how much?

SPAZZ
03/18/2003, 10:33 AM
With all the fine support your getting on this "Hot Shot" intake you might as well go with the Calmini intake?;eekp;

edyavno
03/18/2003, 12:51 PM
Amack76,
the hotshot intake was set as a limited run by a guy named Don Moody. He had a Trooper and there were problems at first for VX owners because we don't have as much clearance under the hood. But in the end I think he came through, and delivered the intakes.

Search club.vmag.com, Vehicross 2 forum for his and hotshot contact info, they may still have something available.

Tone
03/18/2003, 01:04 PM
This intake was never dynoed - anyone out there care to get the numbers? I’m working on carbon fiber intakes for the SuperChargers and will then offer one for the normally aspirated VXes.

TimG
03/18/2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by edyavno
Amack76,
there were problems at first for VX owners

You have a gift for understatement. :)

But in the end I think he came through, and delivered the intakes.

I'm pretty sure they ended up with an intake cut into 3 pieces with couplers to hold it together. I wouldn't say that he "coming through" for the VX owners.
If they later ended up with working 1 piece intakes, then I stand corrected.

Search club.vmag.com, Vehicross 2 forum for his and hotshot contact info, they may still have something available.

I think Hotshot is a reputable business (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
I'm pretty sure that Hotshot just did the work to Don Moody's specs. Don Moody is the one that sold an intake "for the VX" that didn't fit.
He even created an alternate userid on 4x4wire to pimp his product. On one of the posts, the alt id claims to drive a VX with the intake.
I'd seriously consider alternate options if your only choice is to go through Don Moody. If you can get it straight from Hotshot, then I'd do that. This assumes that Don Moody doesn't actually work for them. If they hired that moron, then they don't deserve your business.

Don Moody is a liar and a thief.
He's a liar because he claimed the intake fit the VX. He's a thief because he wouldn't refund peoples money when it didn't fit.
If he later refunded peoples money, then again, I stand corrected. He's just a liar. :)

For background info see:
http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/002929.html
This has links to the appropriate 4x4wire discussions.

I didn't buy an intake from him. I was just discusted with the way he treated the people that did.

TimG
03/18/2003, 02:05 PM
Heh, my first flame of someone on a public board.
Moderators, if that is too strongly worded, just let me know and I'll tone it down.

edyavno
03/18/2003, 03:16 PM
Hope it's Don Moody you're flaming, not me ;)

I know there were problems with the intake, but I didn't follow the Don Moody development too closely. Just wanted to give Amack76 some starting point since nobody else seemed to respond.

TimG
03/18/2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by edyavno
Hope it's Don Moody you're flaming, not me ;)

LOL. No it wasn't you. :)
Edit: After rereading my post I could how it could possibly be a slam on edyavno. This was not my intention at all. I just needed someone to start the conversation so I could crank up the flames. I appreciate your help endavno. :)

Dallas4u
03/18/2003, 04:51 PM
Tim, I think you pretty much "hit the nail on the head", brutha.

Moncha
03/18/2003, 05:16 PM
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

I'll let Moody defend himself... I've not followed the whole fiasco very close.

WormGod
03/24/2003, 07:28 AM
The HotShots intake was never dyno'ed. Don Moody was supposed to get it done but never did. It may be that he was exiled by the disgruntled VX'ers (Don is a Trooper pilot).

The original intake fit the Trooper, but not the VX. The hood would lay on the pipe and fall about an inch from closing. After modifying, the hood now shuts, but there were some cuts made in the piping and couplings added. In all, as an owner, I am quite pleased with it. It looks very high performance although, it may or may not olend any performance since no testing results were ever set forward.

As for getting your hands on one, you may have too look for an existing owner of one. They were limited and I am SURE HotShots never wants to hear the words "VX" ever again after that fiasco.

http://wormgod.8m.com/Images/Ebony/vx_intake.jpg

(dont know image links work on thsi board)

http://wormgod.8m.com/Images/Ebony/vx_intake.jpg