PDA

View Full Version : Master Cylinder

mbeach
04/04/2005, 06:13 AM
Nope, no rebuild kit or rebuilt unit out there. I have so many things that I need it's tough to justify purchase of the things that I merely want.

Next time I'll be on board for sure.

Green Dragon
04/05/2005, 05:58 PM
Count me out on this one,
My brake master cylinder leak has officially attained 'emergency' status.

...and no rebuild kit available -what a rip off.

https://www.rockauto.com/appletMac3.html

A1 Cardone Remanufactured Master Brake Cyl PN 112869 - $109.99 + $20 core,

Hope this helps.

mbeach
04/05/2005, 07:04 PM
I use Rockauto all of the time -how come that one didn't show up for me???
I was going to order tonight too -thanks for catching that one!

EDIT: Now I remember, it was not in stock (the Cardone unit) Rockauto can take some time finding your parts (I've been waiting weeks for some struts for a friend's car). I try to order only in stock items from them. Prices can't be beat though.

Sorry about the hijack Tone.

Dallas4u
04/06/2005, 08:59 AM
I didn't want to hijack the Xenon thread any more than it has been, but I shot an email to Jason at All Hyundai and Isuzu to check on a used master brake cylinder for you (they have one Vehicross left in stock)... here's the response:

The brake master cyl sells for $65.
Please call for more information.
Thanks,
Jason
888-944-7898
916-635-8951

Give him a call if you are interested and let him know Adam gave you this info so he doesn't say someone's already looking into this part.

Good luck!

Moncha
04/06/2005, 09:10 AM
I split and merged the threads...

mbeach
04/06/2005, 01:25 PM
Scott,
Thanks for setting the thread straight -I was losing track of my posts :)

Dallas,
I'm going to call on that PN, the price seems incredible. Thanks for the info -by brake booster loves you. (the booster is the item that is losing paint due to the leak).

Don,
Thanks again for the PNs, I'll be ordering some odds and ends over the next couple of months.

Dallas4u
04/06/2005, 01:33 PM
Good luck! If you need any other parts you may want to vulturize that VX they have. You don't see many junkyard VX's around!!!