PDA

View Full Version : A rough bit of news

geshaw30
03/17/2003, 01:54 PM
:nob:
I thought I'd tell you folks that a friend of ours is hurting a bit. I spoke to Tone today and found that he & his daughters' dog had been hit and killed. As all of you know, that is a devastating loss for any adult but especially to a little girl. I've had the pleasure of meeting Jordan several times, and she, like her dad, is a class act. Tone is taking it hard I assure you and Jordan has yet to be told. Those of us that have "4 legged family" know the bond that forms and the pain associated with a loss when it's in such a manner.

If you get the chance, drop him (and her) a line and let them know how many friends they have out here. God knows he's done enough for us over the years. It's the thing to do when times get a little rough. Thanks
________
Help on love (http://www.love-help.org/)

Cyrk
03/17/2003, 02:11 PM
Tone my prays are with you and your family...

I love my dog so much! I cannot relate because I have yet to lose my best friend he is getting up there he is 11. I do not want to face that day at all...

If there is anything we can do let me know.

And remember all dogs go to heaven.

-Dave

tomdietrying
03/17/2003, 03:04 PM
Sorry Tone.
Tom

Cptnmorgan
03/17/2003, 04:08 PM
As Tone knows my dog is special to me. The one time I had the privelege of off-roading with Tone I had my best buddy right there with me!!

Very sorry to hear of your loss, and things will work out. The one thing you and your daughter will always have is the good memories you shared with man's (and daughters) best friend!!!

VX crazy
03/17/2003, 05:21 PM
I babysat Chrissy when ya'll had the LA meet, so I know that was one of the sweetest, special dogs! I did not want to give her back when he returned! Sorry Tone for your loss, remember its the owners that make pets who they are! :cryb:

Moncha
03/17/2003, 05:21 PM
Tone,
You know how much I love dogs, all dogs.. I am so very sorry for your and Jordan's loss. You are a strong guy and are a great role model for you daughter but, it doesn't hurt any less.
My and Laura's heart go with you during this traumatic event and as always, we are here for you... :cryy:

Tone
03/17/2003, 06:38 PM
Thank you all - you really are family to me and I appreciate everyone out there. It hurts far more than I EVER thought it would and I’ll get through it but the tears are gonna flow for awhile. Thanks especially to Anita who helped me through the initial shock when I called her at midnight last nite and the wonderful call from George today. I can’t put into words the feelings I get from the many wonderful people I have met simply because we own the same awesome vehicle. Chrissie liked ya’ll too...

Joe_Black
03/17/2003, 06:48 PM
Our thoughts to you Tone. So many don't know the happiness and love these cherished family members bring to our lives and the loss felt in their absence.

VXD959
03/17/2003, 06:59 PM
Tone & Jordan -

Sorry to hear such bad news. We lost two beloved dogs in the last two years (Corona - a black poodle - 14 year old, and Lassie, a 12 year old collie). They were part of the family. I know how hard it is. She'll be missed and remembered.

We recently got another miniature poodle, and eventhough is not the same, it's making things a lot easier...

All my sympathy,
Daniel

VXMAN
03/17/2003, 08:12 PM
Tone, very sorry to hear the bad news. I've always had either a dog or cats, and know your pain all to well. It's never easy to get over. When the time is right, maybe some new & special will come into your lives again. I had the unfortunate task of having my dog, put to rest on Christmas Eve. Extremely hard on the kids & myself. My heart goes out to both of you. Memories will last forever!

Sincerely,
Dave

Simon Templar
03/17/2003, 09:16 PM
Tone....

Many, many condolences from myself and from Nadya (http://homepage.mac.com/simontemplar).

Never an easy thing to take. Especially when it is so unexpected.

Best,

....sT

webdog
03/17/2003, 09:27 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss. I pack my dog around in the VX most of the time.

xdfarrx
03/18/2003, 12:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog Tone. Definitely a drag. Keep it positive and best wishes to you and yours

Dallas4u
03/18/2003, 05:16 AM
Tone, as a huge dog person with the wife a HUGE animal person, I thoroughly feel for you and your family. I'll tell you the truth, it saddens me to even think of my girls leaving me as they get old. I can't even think about them leaving sooner.

:(

nyc #1 ironman
03/18/2003, 08:20 AM
sorry about your loss tone, as you know i just lost my dad and it is heart wrenching to lose someone you love, my prayers arewith you.

TDAWG
03/18/2003, 08:47 AM
Tone Mine and my family hearts and prayers are with you and your family. I know who you feel when something like this happens. When I had to put my Masstiff to sleep it was hard. Then having to explain it to my daugther was even harder. Tears will flow and the heart will crack but love and time will mend it. Give Jordan my condolences and let her know that our love and prayers are with her in this time of grief. Takecare my friend of yourself and your family. If their is anything wwe could do for you don't hesitate to ask.

SPAZZ
03/18/2003, 10:24 AM
I know how you feel, and I hope your family get's better. I didn't have a dog, but an Iguana. he was like my child. Raised him from a couple inches long all the way up to 4 1/2 feet long. he rode everywhere with me in the Ironman. He loved it, even at 120 mph through the desert on highway 666 through the Indian nation(had to dump a gallon of ice water on him to cool him off), countless trips to Colorado, Arizona, and South Central to the hood when I used to be married.
So, I can only imagine how you and your family feels about this and what you all are going through. :(

2K1 1K2
03/18/2003, 07:50 PM
TONE, sorry for your loss. prayers go out to you and your family. know how bad you must feel. lost our dog - Spencer, a few years ago. never considered him a pet, but rather, a member of the family. stay strong - the lil' one is in a better place.

AnalogVX
03/18/2003, 10:04 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences to you and yours.

RichD

SGT.BATGUANO
03/18/2003, 11:41 PM
Tone and family,

Ninja and I send our most sincere condolences. Although Chrissie's life was cut short, unfortunately, none of our 4-legged friends are with us long enough. We can only be thankful for and cherish, the memory of the time we had together.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/149pict0004.jpg

Panther_Black_VX
03/19/2003, 02:37 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss.

nyc #1 ironman
03/19/2003, 03:02 PM
my regards once again tone, hope things get better soon...

Reg Hinnant
03/19/2003, 06:28 PM
Barb & I were very sorry to hear of you loosing a dear one.

It always hurts no matter what your age, because these small creatures are true friends that love unconditionally.

Tone
03/19/2003, 07:20 PM
Jordan has just read all of your kind comments and appreciates the condolences as well - we’ll get a new puppy some day.

vx69
03/19/2003, 09:40 PM
Tone:

I am truly sorry about your loss. I hope that you know that we all thank you for every thing you have done.

Jason