PDA

View Full Version : Best Color?

jimp
04/03/2005, 11:46 AM
Newbie, here, as you can tell by the title of my subject - who but a newbie would pit member against member? <lol>
Couldn't find a poll on this so here goes:
What's your favorite wish I-had-it-color combo?
Victory White
Ebony Black
Astral Silver Metallic Red/Black
Kaiser Silver Metallic Red/Black
Kaiser Silver Metallic Gray/Black
Ebony Black Gray/Black
Proton Yellow Gray/Black
Dragon Green Mica Gray/Black
Foxfire Red Mica Gray/Black
Pearl White Metallic Red/Black

MZ-N10
04/03/2005, 11:56 AM
astral red/black....best COLOR EVER!!!!

(cause i have one)
________
Medical Marajana Dispensarys (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

jimbo
04/03/2005, 11:59 AM
Newbie, here, as you can tell by the title of my subject - who but a newbie would pit member against member? <lol>
Couldn't find a poll on this so here goes:
What's your favorite wish I-had-it-color combo?
Victory White
Ebony Black
Astral Silver Metallic Red/Black
Kaiser Silver Metallic Red/Black
Kaiser Silver Metallic Gray/Black
Ebony Black Gray/Black
Proton Yellow Gray/Black
Dragon Green Mica Gray/Black
Foxfire Red Mica Gray/Black
Pearl White Metallic Red/Black

I have a foxfire, which I love and think is best for me (I've always loved dark red cars).

But ....

My opinion in general is the proton is probably the hottest VX color - Protons VXs look great (of course they ALL do, don't they?)

LittleBeast
04/03/2005, 12:06 PM
Ebony black with the grey and black interior is by far the best most classy combo.

Moncha
04/03/2005, 12:32 PM
OMG!!! This could be more of a heated debate that the Kerry thread!!

My vote is for Proton but, that has been my company colors for over 3 decades now.

I'll add a selectable poll for you to keep stats.

Heraclid
04/03/2005, 12:33 PM
I love what I have (Astral with red/black), and coming from having the same car with all gray interior for 8 years before that, it was a nice change. But I'm really not too partial to either interior scheme and love the look of both. I think other than mine I'd pick a Proton, because even though I may like the red/black just a tad more for it's flashiness, for me at least the exterior yellow color would easily trump the the fact that it only comes with gray inside because the yellow color still easily trumps the flash of having red inside. I wonder how a Proton with the red would look. Maybe a bit too Ronald McDonald, but it might work, especially since we really don't have a true red but a color with a bit more orange and brown in it.

VCrossfan
04/03/2005, 12:42 PM
A Vcross looks good any color. The #1 color in new car sales in recent years is silver. I'm a street driver but the Vcross looks great covered in mud, Ask the hardcore offroaders here..

Moncha
04/03/2005, 12:46 PM
That is a lot of the fun though,, washing off the mud!

Green Dragon
04/03/2005, 01:25 PM
OMG!!! This could be more of a heated debate that the Kerry thread!!

My vote is for Proton but, that has been my company colors for over 3 decades now.

I'll add a selectable poll for you to keep stats.

Who's Kerry?

Ldub
04/03/2005, 01:45 PM
Usually the "best" color is the one preffered by the most people in the group surveyed by the company, which then puts that color vehicle in it's promo material. Hmmmm, now what color might that be...survey sez: Astral/red/black.
Of course everyone is probably partial to the color they have.I like silver cause it doesn't show road grime as much as other colors.

Triathlete
04/03/2005, 02:36 PM
Everyone knows that Ebony is the fastest color...and the red int. just makes it that much faster! ;Dr; :flame2:

Anita
04/03/2005, 03:16 PM
Who's Kerry?

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

kpaske
04/03/2005, 06:28 PM
Interestingly enough, my favorite, the Ebony with Black/Grey interior, is not the one I own. I bought my Ebony with Black/Red in '99 before the Black/Grey interior was available. Although I like the Black and Red, it's a little bit flashy for my taste. The offer still stands to anyone with a Black and Grey interior in decent shape who wants to do a swap for Black and Red ;Db;

TDAWG
04/04/2005, 09:51 AM
I have an astral silver with red&black so I would votte that. but imho i would have to say it's hard to choose which one cuz the ebony is hot!!!!!! shine and satin. the proton is hot cuz no matter if you like or not it's always in your face making you look. I've always like the bright colors you see them coming. The dragon and fox fire and hot cuz while very suv maker was making theirs brighter Isuzu went out of the box and came up with 2 dark colors that noone in the market was thinking about. Now since the question was wish-I-Had-Color. I wish I had my VX in Bright Red. Like I had on my amigo.

alleycat
04/04/2005, 10:17 AM
A few months ago I was seaching for a Vehicross to buy and I looked at all the colors.To me all colors looked great but the Proton yellow was HOTTEST, and exceptionally different, and the real "leader of the pack". That is why I now own a yellow VX today.

jimbo
04/05/2005, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I just have to say again, I have a Foxfire Red and love it, but if I were putting together a VX commercial or brochure and I wanted to make the VEHIcross look as hot as possible, I'd go with the yellow. :)

Who's Kerry? - Wasn't that the old lady in the "Where's the Beef" commercials ... no wait ... didn't the Donald fire him for pinching Caroline's butt on "The Apprentice".

Oh, I just can't remember!!! :laughy:

MZ-N10
04/05/2005, 10:02 AM
why r the astrals looooooooosing?!?!?!?!? we out number every other color for the vx....

"NOOOOOOO.........MONICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
________
The Legend Condominium Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Green Dragon
04/05/2005, 10:20 AM
Y
Who's Kerry? - Wasn't that the old lady in the "Where's the Beef" commercials ... no wait ... didn't the Donald fire him for pinching Caroline's butt on "The Apprentice".

Oh, I just can't remember!!! :laughy:

Here she is!

http://www.tvacres.com/admascots_clarapeller.htm

jimbo
04/05/2005, 11:09 AM
LOL - Green Dragon - I was afraid many of our brethren might not even know what "where's the beef" was. That was so funny (back then anyways).

The other night I was out at dinner with my wife and friends from work, all very much younger than me it turned out. We were talking about classic rock and I said something about how 8 tracks switched in the middle of the song and wasn't that weird how you sometimes still expect the old songs to fade out and switch at that point after all these years.

Blank stares all around. :rolleyes:

Raque Thomas
04/05/2005, 12:14 PM
LOL - Green Dragon - I was afraid many of our brethren might not even know what "where's the beef" was. That was so funny (back then anyways).

The other night I was out at dinner with my wife and friends from work, all very much younger than me it turned out. We were talking about classic rock and I said something about how 8 tracks switched in the middle of the song and wasn't that weird how you sometimes still expect the old songs to fade out and switch at that point after all these years.

Blank stares all around. :rolleyes:

LOL - pulled my LP's (you remember - those big black flat pieces of vinyl that you drug a piece of metal through to make sound??) out of the back corner of the garage the other day, and my kids had NO IDEA what they were! ;eeky;

FLBeachgirl
04/07/2005, 07:58 AM
ebony black with grey and black interior definately the best stock color. although im tihnking about painting mine and considering doing a color other than the ones that are stock to VX's
any suggestions welcome!

jimbo
04/07/2005, 10:29 AM
Ooooooh - A nice hot bright red - maybe even with a little orange hue in it! I'm surprised bright red wasn't a stock color.

Red's such a natural for a sporty vehicle. It would probaby "seem" stock.

I have the Foxfire Red, but it's really a warm shade of burgundy, very subdued.

I miss Florida whenever I haven't been there in a while, you lucky girl you.

MZ-N10
04/07/2005, 12:18 PM
red was a stock color in JAPAN.....
________
BUY ROOR BONGS (http://glassbongs.org/)

StormTROOPER
04/07/2005, 02:39 PM
It's distinctive ribs and bulges are MOST highlighted by the reflection and sparkle of the CLASSIC Astral Silver. :p

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/07/2005, 05:30 PM
For me it was not the color of Victory White by itself that set it off; but, the contrast of the Black Hood insert and the Cladding (when darkend with Back2Black or Son of a Gun) and later the Black leather Bra which gives my VX the "Zorro" look....or....for you Protons....the little yellow happy face WalMart Zorro that is always slashing prices! :laughy:

thebear54
04/07/2005, 08:30 PM
Even though I own a Victory White/IronMan...I had to vote for the FoxFire Mica as my favorite color.

HEY ANDY...wanna trade ? :p
John

VXR
04/07/2005, 08:34 PM
:cool: The first one I saw was astral silver and I knew I had to have one.

Now I say ebony black red/black all the way...

StormTROOPER
04/08/2005, 09:54 AM
ebony black with grey and black interior definately the best stock color. although im tihnking about painting mine and considering doing a color other than the ones that are stock to VX's
any suggestions welcome! Blue....green....orange....gold....aqua....purple. ........No I'm not confused, I'm suggesting CHAMELEON... Sure would be a one of a kind head-turner.

SuperDave
04/08/2005, 12:22 PM
For me, the Ebony color provides some gravitas to the radical design - resulting in a more understated and dignified look that is appropriate anywhere. I would have liked a grey/black interior, but my reddish-orangish leather seats remind me of a brand new football.

Anita
04/11/2005, 09:41 AM
Its pretty obvious from the poll that although we may disagree on color scheme for the interior, The total vote for Ebony beats out everyone else... :p

Anita
04/11/2005, 09:42 AM
Its pretty obvious from the poll that although we may disagree on color scheme for the interior, the total vote for Ebony beats out everyone else... Naaaa, naaa, naaaaaaaaaa :p
:dance:

jimbo
04/11/2005, 09:52 AM
Once you go black ...

Moncha
04/11/2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah but only because that had an extra production year!
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/B3/81/GreatGifsGalore/1a/141.jpg

jimbo
04/11/2005, 09:59 AM
Right Scott - I still think the Proton is the ambassador of VX colors. I suspect folks are mostly voting for their own color.

Anita
04/11/2005, 10:10 AM
Scott.. sour grapes! Ebony is stylish and sleek. Proton is a bumblebee. :bomb::smack:

Moncha
04/11/2005, 10:27 AM
That's why they picked them, why pick a color that you don't like.
I picked silver for my first VX then when I saw the Proton... It was love at first sight! Not because it looked like a bumble bee (No offense Deb!) but because it was obnoxious, like me! Mmmmm sour grapes! My favorite! :goof:

Cyrk
04/11/2005, 10:31 AM
Well I know the Ebony w/red interior is the fastest color... :) I love the proton but it does sometimes look like the short bus... lol But hey they are all the best colors since it is on a VX!

StormTROOPER
04/11/2005, 10:36 AM
Proton is for Baywatch watchers, ;) too loud for my taste. I have to admit that one day I pulled up beside an ebony VX in traffic and was envious, something about that luxury-sport ebony that I think looks best. I'm thinking of having mine painted ..metallic black and the cladding painted semi-gloss (semi-flat) black as I am tired of having to treat it.

Moncha
04/11/2005, 10:53 AM
I was always told that I rode the short bus to school.. Dang, my sister was right!
Babewatch was for only one thing and it wasn't David Hastlecough! But let's not go there. I digress.

Cyrk
04/11/2005, 10:55 AM
LOL Scott... well at least now you get to drive it! ;) :) :)

Triathlete
04/11/2005, 12:15 PM
Blue....green....orange....gold....aqua....purple. ........No I'm not confused, I'm suggesting CHAMELEON... Sure would be a one of a kind head-turner.

Won't be the first or 1 of a kind....

...Rickster has already been there done that.....
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/20mvc-567s.jpg

StormTROOPER
04/11/2005, 01:22 PM
I think it would look better with the top painted chamelon and the cladding stock or charcoal metallic (flat). :cool: Isuzu could have named it Chamelon because the VX changes in looks from every angle. ;)

WormGod
04/18/2005, 07:40 AM
I have an ebony, but had to vote dragon green. I liked my old dragon so much, that the powers that be simply would not allow me to live with it, heh. May her soul rest in pieces.

ZEUS
12/07/2005, 07:23 PM
I was all about the Ebony with the gray/black innards but when I finally got to see my VX in person before I bought it I realized the leather wasn't really red as much as it is red-orange. I was sold right then because my first bike was orange, my first Jeep was dark orange... and well, crap, my hair is orange too; but they call that red for some reason! So Ebony with red innards and accents - just like Air Jordan! :p

RickOKC
09/16/2010, 08:15 PM
I can't make myself vote on this.

Astral was my first choice but no matter what I wanted the outlandish black/red-orange interior. For exterior color it was an exact tie between Astral, Kaiser, Foxfire and Dragon even though two of those weren't available with the "right' interior. In the end, I just couldn't pass up my Ironman due to it's excellent, provable background history and price even though it wasn't a favorite color. But nw I'm remembering how forgiving white paint is when it comes to looking good even when it's dirty. :)

hyperkid
09/16/2010, 11:21 PM
Proton all the way - I still think it would look sweet in camo

VXR
09/17/2010, 02:15 AM
Ebony black wins!!! almost 30% :yesb:

vt_maverick
09/17/2010, 07:18 AM
I think a better poll would stipulate that you have to vote for a different color than what you own. With 4-5 times as many ebony and astral VX's out there it's obvious that one or the other would win.

don moore
09/17/2010, 07:42 AM
If you voted for a color that is not yours.. Then all I have to say is shame on you....I picked a color that was just like the color used on the original....Im not knocking the other colors ..But silver is the fastest ...:work:

circmand
09/17/2010, 08:03 AM
Despite not being the highest production color Proton is the obvious winner for favorite color. I drive a Proton and could not imagine driving a different color. I have never understood how people who buy such unique cars pick such bland colors. I mean white and silver are okay for the family truckster but the VX, vettes, Chargers and other unique cars look better sticking out not blending in.

vt_maverick
09/17/2010, 08:56 AM
I don't know about Proton being the "favorite" color, but I do think their owners tend to be more fanatical about their VX's (as a group) than many of the other color owners. As evidence compare the percentage of overall Proton owners (479 isn't it?) who've registered on the site vs. the percentage of say Astral or Ebony. If membership in this board is an indicator of above average interest in the VX, I think Proton is probably the highest in that category. You also have to consider the high post count of Proton owners such as Moncha, Marlin, tom4bren, and circmand, the last three of which have only been members for a few years.

So while I won't agree that Proton is the best color (;)) it's easy to see their owners as fanatics.

circmand
09/17/2010, 01:05 PM
I joined and lost my log in info when moving and rejoined again 4 years ago or so. But fanatic? Yeah I'll take that label.

VXR
09/17/2010, 11:17 PM
Despite not being the highest production color Proton is the obvious winner for favorite color

Proton is the most polarizing color and would probably win a worst color vote:yesb:

BeeVenom
09/18/2010, 08:11 AM
Mine's a PROTON, but if i were to get a companion for it, it would certainly be EBONY BLACK. They'd be sooo coooool sitting side-by-side!!!!! :smilegray

H3_VX
09/18/2010, 08:19 AM
I like em' all, but I really, really want to find myself an ebony with red and black.

Kona-Vs
09/18/2010, 11:59 AM
an old fisherman once said " It"s not the color of your bait, it's the way you wiggle your lure that counts" or something like that:_steering

VXR
09/18/2010, 09:09 PM
I like em' all, but I really, really want to find myself an ebony with red and black.

Best color combo out there:yesb:

circmand
09/20/2010, 07:47 AM
Proton is the most polarizing color and would probably win a worst color vote:yesb:

There is a poll at the top of the page and Proton won the best color contest. So not sure what you are talking about.

tom4bren
09/20/2010, 08:45 AM
I like the color of the Foxfire but since I live in "Redskin" country & H8 them, I'd never park one next to my Proton on purpose.

Dragon: Cool name, cool color but I've gotten too many Pick-m & Flick-m comments about the TLC over the years. I don't need no stinking deja-vu.

Ironman: Looks like a fleet vehicle. Nuff said

Ebony: Black cars are sharp, no doubt about it. If I wanted to fry an egg on sumpn though, I'd put an iron skillet in the driveway.

Kaiser/Astral: No comment ... not really a color.

:):):):):):):):):):)

JK

vt_maverick
09/20/2010, 10:04 AM
I like the color of the Foxfire but since I live in "Redskin" country & H8 them, I'd never park one next to my Proton on purpose.

Well Tom I went into my gallery to prove you wrong, but then I noticed that the gap between our two VX's in this photo is much larger than between all the others. Maybe some kind of color force field between us. ;)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3273/IMG00086-20100905-1552.jpg

tom4bren
09/20/2010, 11:26 AM
Gizmo was supposed to park there ... I think he was SKEEEERED!!!

handeeman
09/20/2010, 11:33 AM
Well, as some may have noticed, I haven't been on site in a while. However, to keep all the drama down it's only because I haven't had regular access to a computer. When they finally let me out with time served and good behavior.......j/k.
Anyway, I thought this subject had been highly discussed before and was a mute point. The reason Proton is so popular is all the taxi companies in South Florida want them. There is even a rumor that they may want to export them to Cuba if that market opens up. If that happens I may even consider painting mine "yeller". (Oh and no offense intended here Boss).:smilewink

tom4bren
09/20/2010, 11:47 AM
Handito returns to us in rare form. Diss'n the most popular color and the Boss Man in 1 Swell Foop.

Scott Larson
09/20/2010, 05:01 PM
And here I always thought it was "One Fell Swoop"...Hey, what do I know?

tom4bren
09/21/2010, 05:34 AM
And here I always thought it was "One Fell Swoop"...Hey, what do I know?

Handito is dyslexic ... I was just helpin him out.

handeeman
09/21/2010, 06:52 AM
Handito is dyslexic ... I was just helpin him out.

So that's it ("dyslexic"), and all my life I thought I was just an ambidextrous reader.
And to not be completely off subject I'm "color blind" so all the VX's look pretty much the same to me. All of them are dark Kaiser or light Kaiser. Plus what I meant was a "moot" point , but I'll stay "mute" about it.

VX KAT
09/21/2010, 09:15 AM
So that's it ("dyslexic"), and all my life I thought I was just an ambidextrous reader.
And to not be completely off subject I'm "color blind" so all the VX's look pretty much the same to me. All of them are dark Kaiser or light Kaiser. Plus what I meant was a "moot" point , but I'll stay "mute" about it.

And Handee's back in town,....a chachacha cha!

Ldub
09/21/2010, 02:55 PM
And Handee's back in town,....a chachacha cha!

:dance::dan_ban::dance::yes:

RickOKC
09/21/2010, 07:19 PM
Ironman: Looks like a fleet vehicle. Nuff said

:upsetgray :upsetgray :upsetgray :upsetgray :upsetgray :upsetgray :upsetgray

Excuse me, but I beg to differ. Like the saying goes, "Once you go white, you'll say 'a'ight'."

Clearly the photo from this topic (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=204336&postcount=17) (as suspected) shows the real source of "Pee-roton". Doesn't take a computer "whiz" to realize what's really going on there. :biggringr

http://members.cox.net/radamsokc/whiz.jpg

(... and that's how I became banned from VX.info. I could have kept my stupid mouth shut, but... NooOOoooOoo. Had to try and be Mr Funnyguy.)

Triathlete
09/21/2010, 08:45 PM
There is a poll at the top of the page and Proton won the best color contest. So not sure what you are talking about.

I think if you do the math you will find that there are 75 (currently) votes for ebony...so it is clearly the victor...and we all know it's the fastast!:bwgy:

vt_maverick
09/21/2010, 08:57 PM
Well to poke back against the Ebony crowd, I think it's pretty sad that you guys could only muster 18 more votes when you outnumber Protons more than 2:1 in production quantity and site membership. Just saying... :D

But so no one thinks I'm not even handed... for RickOKC, I also seem to remember a saying that goes "Once you go black..." :p

VX KAT
09/21/2010, 09:10 PM
:upsetgray :upsetgray :upsetgray :upsetgray :upsetgray :upsetgray :upsetgray

Excuse me, but I beg to differ. Like the saying goes, "Once you go white, you'll say 'a'ight'."

Clearly the photo from this topic (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=204336&postcount=17) (as suspected) shows the real source of "Pee-roton". Doesn't take a computer "whiz" to realize what's really going on there. :biggringr

http://members.cox.net/radamsokc/whiz.jpg

(... and that's how I became banned from VX.info. I could have kept my stupid mouth shut, but... NooOOoooOoo. Had to try and be Mr Funnyguy.)

http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Laughing/lol-045.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com/facebook-smileys.html)
SEEEEE! I thought that's what T4B was doin'!! Takin' pics.....ppffee!

p.s....Rick, I guess I'll be joinin' ya :slap::rollo:

RickOKC
09/21/2010, 10:33 PM
But so no one thinks I'm not even handed... for RickOKC, I also seem to remember a saying that goes "Once you go black..." :p
LOL! I know that saying: "Once you go black, you have to run the air conditioner even in winter because it absorbs so much heat - unlike the awesome Victory White."

http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Laughing/lol-045.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com/facebook-smileys.html)
SEEEEE! I thought that's what T4B was doin'!! Takin' pics.....ppffee!

p.s....Rick, I guess I'll be joinin' ya :slap::rollo:
Yep, he's just adding a little "touch-up paint"!

Maybe we can start our own forum: www.BanishedFromVehicross.info - population 2!

tom4bren
09/22/2010, 05:51 AM
CRAP ... I have no response to that.

TheGanzman
09/22/2010, 08:06 AM
Another way of saying what has previously been said about Proton. Proton just LOOKS like it should have been the color that the VX was designed around, in my not so humble opinion. And there are VERY few (noncommercial) vehicles that look good or "proper" in yellow - let's face it! But being in the same category as a Fly Yellow Ferrari is O.K. by me; especially here in Orange County CA! A Proton VX just LOOKS more "exotic"...

circmand
09/22/2010, 08:15 AM
I think if you do the math you will find that there are 75 (currently) votes for ebony...so it is clearly the victor...and we all know it's the fastast!:bwgy:

You have ebony with 2 different interiors that you added together to get your total. For all that Ebony = Black, Black is made up of all colors combined, Therefore Black (ebony contains yellow proton) so votes for proton are the 75 for ebony + over 50 more for proton specifically so we have 125+.

tom4bren
09/22/2010, 08:52 AM
Another way of saying what has previously been said about Proton. Proton just LOOKS like it should have been the color that the VX was designed around, in my not so humble opinion. And there are VERY few (noncommercial) vehicles that look good or "proper" in yellow - let's face it! But being in the same category as a Fly Yellow Ferrari is O.K. by me; especially here in Orange County CA! A Proton VX just LOOKS more "exotic"...

I parked next to a yellow Maserati (sp?) yesterday at the gas pump. He offered to trade but I said no (thinkin that I may have both in my driveway someday - can't believe I said that without LOL).

Kona-Vs
09/23/2010, 12:13 AM
Eboneeeeee and victoreeeeeeee live together in perfect harmoneeeeee in my driveway o lord why can't weeeeeeeee:rotate: sorry I've been into the Jacj Daniel':smilewinks

circmand
09/23/2010, 08:09 AM
Eboneeeeee and victoreeeeeeee live together in perfect harmoneeeeee in my driveway o lord why can't weeeeeeeee:rotate: sorry I've been into the Jacj Daniel':smilewinks

you are trapped on an island

RickOKC
09/23/2010, 09:03 AM
:laughgray :laughgray :laughgray
LOL, I lost it! I'm gonna be singing that all dayeeeee!

VXR
09/24/2010, 03:53 AM
Despite not being the highest production color Proton is the obvious winner for favorite color. I drive a Proton and could not imagine driving a different color. I have never understood how people who buy such unique cars pick such bland colors. I mean white and silver are okay for the family truckster but the VX, vettes, Chargers and other unique cars look better sticking out not blending in.

I joined and lost my log in info when moving and rejoined again 4 years ago or so. But fanatic? Yeah I'll take that label.

You have ebony with 2 different interiors that you added together to get your total. For all that Ebony = Black, Black is made up of all colors combined, Therefore Black (ebony contains yellow proton) so votes for proton are the 75 for ebony + over 50 more for proton specifically so we have 125+.

you are trapped on an island

proton logic:confused:

circmand
09/24/2010, 08:04 AM
proton logic:confused:

sure nuff

VXR
10/25/2011, 12:22 PM
Ebony wins @77 so far:yesb:

Scott Larson
10/25/2011, 05:19 PM
Make that 78!!! :bwgy:

Scott Larson
10/25/2011, 05:21 PM
Just so we're clear though, Proton is still the best color!!

VXR
10/25/2011, 05:35 PM
Just so we're clear though, Proton is still the best color!!

For a second there I thought you were going to join the dark side...

Scott Larson
10/25/2011, 06:02 PM
Sorry, Proton gets in your blood and there's no turning back...

VXR
10/26/2011, 02:19 AM
Proton gets in your blood

or was it there already...

Scott Larson
10/26/2011, 08:45 AM
No, no, no, you're thinking PROTEIN!! :bwgy:

VXR
10/26/2011, 09:55 AM
No, no, no, you're thinking PROTEIN!! :bwgy:

:laughb:

Paul_A
01/26/2012, 09:15 AM
Hey! Mine wasn't even on there! "Empire Blue!" :(

tom4bren
01/26/2012, 12:29 PM
Hey! Mine wasn't even on there! "Empire Blue!" :(

Yer special!!!

gonzo7231
08/07/2012, 03:36 PM
I've said it before and I gotta say it again. Dragon Green is the best color. All the smooth lines combined with the simple fact that it has fangs!! Then there's the growl.

I realize that as of now Proton has won. However, the main reason I never liked the Proton was emblazened in my mind when my son came up to me all excited that he had seen 2 "trucks like you have" in the Walmart parking lot, side by side. When I got there to my disappointment I saw twin yellow "trucks". One actually said VX in the grill and was bright yellow. It's twin was the same color yellow but was one of the more rare versions of VX. It had a blue oval in the grill and said Escape on its butt.

Gonzo

Cobrajet
08/08/2012, 12:04 PM
...twin yellow "trucks". One actually said VX in the grill and was bright yellow. It's twin was the same color yellow but was one of the more rare versions of VX. It had a blue oval in the grill and said Escape on its butt.

Gonzo

Oh, the "Go Farther" and "Go Further" twins?? :)

SuperDave
08/08/2012, 03:12 PM
A Ford Escape attempting to impersonate a VX? Should we feel flattered or be appalled?

H3_VX
08/08/2012, 03:19 PM
A Ford Escape attempting to impersonate a VX? Should we feel flattered or be appalled?

I like the new Escape, however, i'm appaled that they basically blatantly stole the Isuzu catch phrase. They changed one letter.

VXR
08/08/2012, 07:00 PM
I realize that as of now Proton has won

Nope.

Ebony is currently over 26%

Mile High VX
08/08/2012, 07:44 PM
And seems to me that the poll is for the COMBO and not just the exterior color....:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

VXR
08/08/2012, 08:02 PM
And seems to me that the poll is for the COMBO and not just the exterior color....:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

And with NO COMBO choice for some colors people are just voting on the exterior.

Ebony is the clear leader...

PHO2GR4
09/28/2012, 07:07 PM
Duh. Ebony is the best.

Leon R
04/06/2013, 06:53 AM
Curiously, do people pick their actual color/combo or what is their favorite (even if they do not own it). I can't imagine THAT many people preferring the orange interior ;).

Some cars look absolutely stunning in glossy black! That is... when they are clean. Keeping them clean is a full time job (if you care about your car). After owning a couple of black cars, that I cared about, I swore: NEVER AGAIN!

Having said that, VX is particularly the wrong car for that color! I think that contrasting claddings is one of the better VX design points, THAT is what truly sets it aside from most other SUV's. IMO, black VX look totally different from the rest of the (contrasting) colors! People who actually prefer a black VXs, must view VX very differently from the rest of us.

So who is the clear majority now? :smilewink

VXR
04/06/2013, 04:47 PM
I think that contrasting claddings is one of the better VX design points, THAT is what truly sets it aside from most other SUV's. IMO, black VX look totally different from the rest of the (contrasting) colors!

You can get that contrast on a black VX by letting the cladding fade:laughb:

Leon R
04/06/2013, 10:26 PM
You can get that contrast on a black VX by letting the cladding fade:laughb:

Touche! :)

Cutterd
05/18/2013, 07:48 AM
Honestly, I picked Foxfire, but I think the Dragon is the most attractive, and the Proton was the color that initially turned my head!

I think it really depends on what you want out of the vehicross... if you want pow,.. then the Proton (I really do enjoy the bright Yellow in the last two decades trend). If you want class, the Dragon. And if you want just downright sexy, the maroon of the Foxfire was enough to sell even my very negative wife on the car.

What about white and black? Black is cool, tough and unfortunately the downside of needing to be clean to shine is just too rough on me (I own a black sporttrac). White? White is striking with the cladding, but tend to look dingy off road, and doesn't match the interior well.

Inside I'd prefer the red trim, but I have a foxfire, and unless I do it custom, they don't come that way.

Frankly, after all said and done, if I ever have to paint etc... sunset copper Orange - which most people hate.

Color is subjective - what I live about the Vehicross is 'stock' it really is just about the only differentiating characteristic of a very cool vehicle.

evillecutter
06/14/2013, 07:11 AM
proton still in the lead :)

Leon R
06/14/2013, 08:40 AM
proton still in the lead :)

Not if you add the two black exterior options (gray and red), in that case black wins.

I guess you can't account for taste, clearly Proton should be outright winner!!! ;)

VXR
06/27/2013, 06:24 PM
Not if you add the two black exterior options (gray and red), in that case black wins.

:yesb:

Ldub
06/28/2013, 06:23 PM

I guess you can't account for taste, clearly Proton should be outright winner!!! ;)

:yesb:

Well, um...yeaaaaaaaaah...if you live in "inside OUT world"...:laughing:

Hcloud13
06/28/2013, 06:38 PM
The JDM Pink one for the win!! Can't believe it's not on the list...
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/Hcloud13/VX%20stuff%20for%20sale/JDM_Premium_Color_25_Brochure_Page_1_zpsafc3eb06.j pg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Hcloud13/media/VX%20stuff%20for%20sale/JDM_Premium_Color_25_Brochure_Page_1_zpsafc3eb06.j pg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/Hcloud13/VX%20stuff%20for%20sale/2445675163_a12726b75c_zpsda08fe16.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Hcloud13/media/VX%20stuff%20for%20sale/2445675163_a12726b75c_zpsda08fe16.jpg.html)

VXR
06/29/2013, 12:07 PM
The JDM Pink one for the win

:laughb:

ipd
08/28/2015, 06:09 PM
I have to concur. JDM colors > USDM colors hands down.