PDA

View Full Version : Power Programmer??

FernZ
04/02/2005, 08:30 PM
Anyone know what this is or does andif it's a fake waste of money?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7965216965&category=33597

Ldub
04/03/2005, 09:11 AM
Looks like a dimmer switch to me...with no seller rating & no prev. sales, I'd be very sceptical. As always, my opinion only, worth exactly what you paid for it.(maybe less)
Ldub

mbeach
04/03/2005, 10:31 AM
It just modifies the signal coming in from the Intake Air Temperature sender. By tricking your ECU into thinking that the incoming air is cooler (more dense) your computer will push more fuel. More fuel = more power. The increase in fuel will also cause your cylinder temps to decrease (less air in the a/f ratio means less heat when burning) resulting in an incomplete fuel burn and increased tailpipe emmisions.

Be wary of any product that actually shows a horsepower gain without a dyno chart (even those are subjective) to back it up. Be especially wary of products that look like they were built out of Radio Shack components.

The only difference you will be guaranteed to notice with this product is poor(er) fuel economy and more soot out the tailpipe from too rich of a fuel mixture.

Bottom Line: Cooler/Denser air makes power (by increasing your engine's volumetric efficiency, i.e. more potential for a given volume of air ingested) -fooling your ECU into thinking that the air is cooler/denser does not, (it's still the same volume of air, just with more fuel dumped into the mix).